Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Dc: 'jense Must Face His Responsibilities'

David Coulthard has called on his friend Jenson Button to "face his responsibilities" and honour his contract with Williams next season.

Scotsman Coulthard is close friends with Button but has broken his silence on the BAR-Honda driver's attempts to escape from his Williams deal.

Button agreed to join Williams for 2006 last year after failing in a bid to quit BAR. However, he has had a change of heart and now wants to remain at BAR for the long term.

Behind-the-scenes talks to get out of his Williams commitments are ongoing but Coulthard has urged Button to give in and return to the team who gave him his Formula One debut in 2000.

"He has to face his responsibilities and honour the contract he has apparently signed with Williams, do the job he has signed to do and next time the merry-go-round stops, make sure he gets the right seat.

"No-one, not even Michael Schumacher, has the best seat year-in, year-out," he wrote in his Daily Record column.

Some of Formula One's more unlikely speculation has suggested Button may even be prepared to sit out next season in order to escape his multi-year deal with Williams. Coulthard dismissed that notion as disastrous for Britain.

He added: "I've talked over all kinds of things with Jenson Button, including personal relationships, but I've never advised him about his career.

"There is a lot of talk about him sitting out Formula One next season if the wrangle about his drive for Williams or BAR is not sorted and that would be a very damaging thing for British motorsport.

"Jenson is talented and good-looking and done of the reasons a lot of people in the UK follow the sport."

clicky for source

So he's finally hit puberty then... ;)

Good advice from DC though, echoing the thoughts of the majority of this forum!

DC has let his hair grow a bit too - I think he looked more handsome clean-shaven and neat short hair. I'm not gay! I bet his girlfriend agrees with me