Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

My New Car

Oh to be a fly on the wall of your garage pumpdoc :lol:

Great car Monty, top choice!

why do people like pick ups. I can understand for pumpdoc with the business he's in, but I have seen so few pick ups actually carrying anything.

I want the traditional sort of first car! Like an old renault clio/peugeot 206/whatever! LOL

Actually so long asi have a car id be happy! I just wanna spend v little on it, and im NO WAY going to buy an automatic, they are absolutely useless apparently!

why do people like pick ups. I can understand for pumpdoc with the business he's in, but I have seen so few pick ups actually carrying anything.

Men in America think bigger is better, so to make up for the small "mushroom", they buy "redneck wagon" :P

Thanks mate....  :)

You must be one hell of a rich "SOB" to own all these monsters. Your chevy 2500 greatly intrests me. I wanted to buy a Doge RAM with a hemi, and my wife asked me if I'm in the construction business or something to have a truck.  :D

Oh well..... the joys of being married :(

Rich? I'm comfortable :D

My wife had a Mustang in High school-'69 plane jane, we found the "Boss" in '79 sitting in a back yard with a spun rod brng. and only 20,000 miles on it picked up for only $2,000--rebuilt the motor myself had it repainted and over the years have just made it like new and it stays in the garage when not being driven, so over 26 yrs. we've only spent maybe $13-15,000 on it and i've turned down offers for as high as $70k I swear my wife wants to be buried in it :lol::lol:

The 'Vette

well that was my first love :lol: and I've owned it since '75 and other than the beefing up the drive train (super t-10, custom half-shafts/bigger u-joints, skatter shield, alum flywheel and the gear change) it's pretty much "stock" hehehe.

And the truck, yep it's for work and play and the company pays for that :D:D

Men in America think bigger is better, so to make up for the small "mushroom", they buy "redneck wagon"  :P

Sorry but here in So. Ca. most trucks are work trucks even a lot of the fixed up one are owned buy young guys in construction.............No gun racks or if they do they are full of blueprints :lol::lol:

Ben, buy me a mercedes CLK DTM and I'll swap it you for your sought after "first car" a nissan micra 1.1 phoenix edition ;) GLADLY!!!!

Congrats on the new wheels Monty, looks like a good sleeper car that you can win some money with drag racing.

Good luck with it!!!

My toy--'68 Corvett 427-L88 4sp. 4.56 gears Roadster(the whole top comes off-not t-tops) 500+ hp 5-6 mpg. and it does MOVE!

My toy is only a stock 82 Corvette, black with red interier (red/silver pinstripes). Got it new, only 68,000 miles on it now. (Not collectors edition with hatch)

everyday car is a 92 Saturn SC the color of Gumby

See if there is a factory Mopar turbo kit for it (like the stage 2 kits that are available for the neon srt-4s and are covered under factory warranty) and then you'll have a genuine sleeper. I've got two Passats, my 9'9 is the real sleeper, the '03 I use as an auto-X machine as it has fat rubber and a really low and stiff suspension (it's in my sig, no passat looks like that from the factory). Both have real manual trannies (not the pussy Tiptronic automagic trannies so common in these cars) and the 1.8 L turbocharged four-cylinder engines: both of these cars get over 30 mpg. The 1.8T is detuned for North America so with a few relatively inexpensive mods (compared to what you'd pay for similar gains out of an N/A application) you can get out 300 whp on stock internals easily. Good luck getting your wife to go along with modding it, though, but there are guys on passatworld.com who get the wifey to go along with several 1-grand or more mods. And if you put a body kit on it, I will throw a grenade in it. Body kits are hideous, I don't car what car they're on.

They've been limited to 250 kmph as far as I remember. someone convert it to miles for our friends who cant follow the metric system :lol:

about 165 mph

it's a bit late, but nice car monty! i came terribly close to buying a new honda integra type r but chose an overseas trip instead. the car will have to wait!

keep us updated on the mods ;)

it's a bit late, but nice car monty! i came terribly close to buying a new honda integra type r but chose an overseas trip instead. the car will have to wait!

Thanks Taku. The car can wait, that ain't going nowhere..... The trip is something that i would love to do, actually do envy you. BTW, which part of the world are you in now. :)

Thanks for Mopar tip Ferrariphile :) I don't much about mods, but for starters I thought I will change the stock to a K&N air filter, and get a JET performance chip, that should give me some extra ponies. (hopefully) After that, lets see what I come across on the net, Do you any suggestion besides the turbo kit, or can you direct me to any site? Thanks

Don't waste the money on K&N, I've seen that they can let sand pass through, and the cleaning process is really tricky and you could end up screwing up your MAF if you use too much oil. I just checked www.mopar.com and the only thing they have for the Intrepid is a spoiler, lol. Only the PT Turbo and Neon SRT-4 have the turbo kits, sorry to get your hopes up. Chips/performance modules generally will not gain power like you get from chips for factory turboed cars. A chip on an n/a car with cams, exhaust, and a free-flow intake (not K&N, but the intake itself) will net you some really good torque gains. Torque is what gets you around town, not horsepower. Google for Mopar forums, I'm sure there are plenty dodge/daimlerchrysler forums out there (hey, there is www.passatworld.com dedicated to just passats) where there are plenty of guys hotrodding their intrepids.

Don't waste the money on K&N, I've seen that they can let sand pass through, and the cleaning process is really tricky and you could end up screwing up your MAF if you use too much oil. I just checked www.mopar.com and the only thing they have for the Intrepid is a spoiler, lol. Only the PT Turbo and Neon SRT-4 have the turbo kits, sorry to get your hopes up. Chips/performance modules generally will not gain power like you get from chips for factory turboed cars. A chip on an n/a car with cams, exhaust, and a free-flow intake (not K&N, but the intake itself) will net you some really good torque gains. Torque is what gets you around town, not horsepower. Google for Mopar forums, I'm sure there are plenty dodge/daimlerchrysler forums out there (hey, there is www.passatworld.com dedicated to just passats) where there are plenty of guys hotrodding their intrepids.

Thanks man. Have just stumbled upon a site dedicated to the intrepids (http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/) Will check it out to see what those blokes have done. Many thanks one again. :)

Yeah Congrats Monty!

I have bought a new car, a Dodoge Intrepid SXT (sports Sedan), and the specs are listed below. I did a speed check on it, and pulls to 170-175 kmph without breaking a sweat. However, I think it has a speed limiter at 180 kmph. the moment it touches it, the power just turns off :D It is a 2004 model, and very very happy with it.

Thanks for the pics Monty, now I have your license plate number ;)