Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Your Saddest Moment In F1

hmm i have 4 All but one have been mentioned so far...

Senna's Death

Damon Hill being cheated in 94

Damon Hill Retiring

Murray Walker's last call

:(

Saddest moment : the day GillesV died :(

Happiest moment : the day JV became WC :D

My saddest moment i guess would be what F1 has come or is becoming. And by that i dont mean Max, oh no i mean all parties evolved (all teams, manufacturers).

P.S. Maybe do a new topic excluding the deaths and political play...i.e. track event that did not have fatal results?

The tragic death of the great Ayrton Senna!

Also when Murray retired and james allan took over :angry::angry:

:( F. Cevert a bright light snuffed out

I have been fortunate in my short time of watching F1 to not see anything tragic. silverstone 2000 was sad, but I guess the worst was seeing Zanardi's crash (not in F1 obviously) on TV.

Senna's death

JV's downfall by joining BAR

MS at Silverstone

GV's death (matter of fact anyone's death in F1)

Damon Hill at Hungary 97' (Hell, Arrows deserved that race)

"F. Cevert a bright light snuffed out"

from what I have read, his crash was a very grisly site.

As for me personally, any day an F1 driver is killed or seriously injured is sad, but I have only seen two die , being Roland Ratzenberger and Ayrton Senna, so that would be my saddest moment, and I hope I never have to see anything like that again.

After that follows seeing JV waste his career away at BAR, followed by the day Jacques was dropped from BAR and forced into a sabbatical, followed by a day in August last year when Williams confirmed Jenson Button to drive for them in 2005. That was the time when I honestly felt as though Jacques was gone from F1 and I remember I wasn't a pleasant guy to be around for a day or two, as I had really thought it was the end of Jacques in F1. Glad I was wrong!!!

Seeing the decline of Lotus from those wonderful JPS cars and innovation to pay drivers struggling to qualify and their ultimate demise

Lotus are my all time favourite team

1994 imola - i saw it live ...

other deaths are very sad too, but they were before i saw it ...

Damon Hill being cheated in 94

What happened. I keep hearing people mention this on the forums but i dont know what happened. In 94 i was 6 and i didnt watch alot of F1 when i was 6. Would somebody please explain what actually happened to Damon Hill in 1994.

look for a video of Adelaide 1994 on the internet, like a clip, they are easy to find. MS was simply defending the corner, the corner goes to the person in front *retreats to bunker*.

Seeing the decline of Lotus from those wonderful JPS cars and innovation to pay drivers struggling to qualify and their ultimate demise

Lotus are my all time favourite team

My too ... Team from golden "real pure racing" era, not for the "business brands and advertizing" era ...

Murray Walkers last day commentating.

Jim Clark's fatal @ Hockenheim.

Senna and Roland Ratzenberger's deaths.

My too ... Team from golden "real pure racing" era, not for the "business brands and advertizing" era ...

ahhh...I miss that...too

I remember Higel Mansell Blowing a tyre when he was leading the race at Adelaide years ago. I think that cost him the WDC. This obviously pales in comparison to any injuries or deaths.

I remember being completely stunned when Ronnie Peterson died. We just couldn't believe it.

Unfortunately nearly all of my saddest moments involve death: Jimmy Clark, Francois Cevert, Jochen Rindt et al.

Oh, and James Allen being given the job of commentator.....

It was sad, but somehow inevitable that teams like Lotus and Brabham would wither and die without the people who made them what they were: Chapman, Murray and the rest.

Let's do a thread on our happiest memories, instead. This is depressing.