Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

Tragedy At Wales Rally Gb!!!

Michael Parks, the co-driver of Marko Martin has been killed in an accident on stage 15 when their peugeot crashed into a tree on the passenger side. The rest of the rally has been cancelled and this is a great tragedy for the sport!

We've already spoken about how awful this is but I'd just like to add:

Petter Solberg has won a sombre Rally GB, following an accident in SS15, which claimed the life of Michael Park - Markko Martin's co-driver; Sebastien Loeb had been leading and would have taken the title following Peugeot's decision to withdraw the sister 307 of Marcus Gronholm as a mark of respect, however the Frenchman opted to check into the final time control late so as not to clinch the drivers' championship in such tragic circumstances.

Loeb is a good man.

christ, imagine having a crash and finding your co-driver dead... terrible. I don't think it will damage the reputation of rallying at all, people know it's dangerous before they start

This is really sad news. How safe are WRC cars? Can they not be made much safer than they are now? I would assume that with their far bigger and heavier body shells they can survive far stronger impacts. I guess he hit the tree on the side, I can't imagine it happening otherwise. The very nature of rallying probably makes it more unsafe than a more regulated sport like F1.

WRC cars are really safe, about as safe as an F1 car (relatively speaking). The fact that there are no barriers or tire walls is what makes it more dangerous. I have been watching Rallye longer than I have F1, and I must say the fact that I haven't seen more people getting killed in wrecks is amazing. It is a tragedy that Mr. Park died today, but I bet the WRC cars will see some major safety improvements in whatever area was lacking that caused his death (same as when Big E died in '01)

apparently the impact was side on. This indeed is a major tragedy. Loeb showed his class and did the right thing, as did Peugeot in immediately pulling Gronholm out of the rally. The rest of the field thankfully followed suit. A sad day for all motor racing fans.

We've already spoken about how awful this is but I'd just like to add:

Petter Solberg has won a sombre Rally GB, following an accident in SS15, which claimed the life of Michael Park - Markko Martin's co-driver; Sebastien Loeb had been leading and would have taken the title following Peugeot's decision to withdraw the sister 307 of Marcus Gronholm as a mark of respect, however the Frenchman opted to check into the final time control late so as not to clinch the drivers' championship in such tragic circumstances.

Loeb is a good man.

Yeah Shame, really terrible.

Loeb is a true Champion though (As well as in a class of his own skill wise).

Curiously, I wonder if Schumacher would have done the same as Loab this weekend(by purposely not winning)... Definately not is the answer!

This is really sad news. How safe are WRC cars? Can they not be made much safer than they are now?

A tree is a tree...I am really sad with the news but as somebody said everybody knows the risks...

may rest in peace

P.S like with other drivers...he left this world doing what he loved to do...in a racing car.

Curiously, I wonder if Schumacher would have done the same as Loab this weekend(by purposely not winning)... Definately not is the answer!

Don't be an a##......................

I wonder if Schumacher would have done the same as Loab this weekend(by purposely not winning)... Definately not is the answer!

That is all you can think of isnt it. A person dies racing and we are discussing if the sport can be made safer and giving our condolences. All you can think of is to jump in with some Schumacher bashing.

That's the way I'd want to go out...racing.

Yeah man...keep that 24 hour racing in your PS2!

That is all you can think of isnt it. A person dies racing and we are discussing if the sport can be made safer and giving our condolences. All you can think of is to jump in with some Schumacher bashing.

Shut it cavallino.. Schumacher is scum, face it!

Yeah man...keep that 24 hour racing in your PS2!

Only one to go.

Wez, (not the admin one), you are nothing more than a heartless idiot who doesnt realize the scope of events that has taken place. As for the arguement, I'll end it now:

Retard_Win.jpg

Why have I posted that picture? To prove a point. We've had that arguement once, now shut up.

:blink: The pic is a little rough but you are right AR5

I know this is before many of your time following rally but back in the late '80's before they banned the mega Audi Qauttro v-8 4-wd there was a crash where one left the road at high speed and hit a tree the car was cut in half and both ocupants died a very grissley watch that they only showed once on ESPN.........

:blink: The pic is a little rough but you are right AR5

I know this is before many of your time following rally but back in the late '80's before they banned the mega Audi Qauttro v-8 4-wd there was a crash where one left the road at high speed and hit a tree the car was cut in half and both ocupants died a very grissley watch that they only showed once on ESPN.........

Henri Toivenen in the Lancia S4? Spelled the end of the Group B monsters, fortunately.

Spare a thought for poor Marrko in this. He must be devastated.

Your post was rather crass, Wez.

Wez, this isn't the topic to discuss Michael Schumacher mate so just let it be please.

Markko is obviously quite devasted and will not drive in the upcoming rally. Peugeot were due to pull out of rallying at the end of this season, but some say they will pull out early due to this tragedy.

Yeah so right AutoRacer5 even if you win ill still regard you as an American idiot.

No comments about cavallino, go ahead add me to your ignore list.

With that off my chest and back to my initial topic which has now been left(party my fault I will admit).

As I did also say initially this is truly a terrible occation as any death is.

look, we're all idiots in one form or another, you're an idiot because you posted something "quote monza gorrila" rather crass "/quote" and also because you live in South Africa.

The fact that Wez lives in ZA has nothing to do with it.

And I do not regard him, or you for that matter, as idiots.

look, we're all idiots in one form or another, you're an idiot because you posted something "quote monza gorrila" rather crass "/quote" and also because you live in South Africa.

And this from an American... HAHAHAHAHAHA

You probably think South Africa is in Texas!

Look, i find that poster really quite wrong, so can you please remove it from that post!

And guys this topic is about a bloke who died, show some respect!