Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CC

you do know that all Ferrari F1 cars from 1997 onwards have been painted in 'Marlboro Red' as opposed to the traditional Scarlet Red?!?! Ferrari are just as bad in that case.

hmm I cant tell the difference. pics please.

Big difference Ferrari red is more scarlet..................

McLaren M28C and Arrows A2

The best looking car ever is the Aston Martin DB5. Best looking F1 car? Hmmm, probably this years Sauber...

You've got to be kidding!!!! The difference in color is quite significant. The color used to be a deep and beautiful scarlet, now it is almost 'orange'.

Anyone else notice that the change in color followed the year after MS joined Ferrari? It didn't occur to me in 1997 when the change occurred, but in retrospect, it does makes one wonder.......

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that MS is to blame, but Ferrari's willingness to adapt Marlboro's color scheme as part of a more closely integrated marketing approach was very likely the result of the need for extra cash to meet the budget increases caused by his presence within the team.....

Pics please I still can't make it out.

I heard Luca di Montezemolo (in an interview with Barry Meguiar) say that they had changed to the new lighter colors because the older colors showed up too dark on TV and pictures.

look at a Ferrari prior to '96 and compare it to that of '97 or a car onwards, the pre-'96 cars are much darker in colour

I heard Luca di Montezemolo (in an interview with Barry Meguiar) say that they had changed to the new lighter colors because the older colors showed up too dark on TV and pictures.

That was just spin for the tifosi who were ready to pillory him for changing the color at the time. Recall that every country used to have their own color in racing, Germany was silver, Britain was BRG, France was blue, etc. etc. etc., and Italy was scarlet red. This had been part of their national racing heritage for decades, and then some fop comes along and changes it to suit a sponsor?!?!?!?! What else would you expect di Montezemolo to say?

I've also attached a few pics for Cavallino, who says he's having trouble making out the difference.......

That was just spin for the tifosi who were ready to pillory him for changing the color at the time. Recall that every country used to have their own color in racing, Germany was silver, Britain was BRG, France was blue, etc. etc. etc., and Italy was scarlet red. This had been part of their national racing heritage for decades, and then some fop comes along and changes it to suit a sponsor?!?!?!?! What else would you expect di Montezemolo to say?

I've also attached a few pics for Cavallino, who says he's having trouble making out the difference.......

Your pics probably solve the question... but let

I have to say those cars have looked slightly orange at times in onboard camera footage, and I put it down to that when I saw it. That said at other times the car has looked more pink than red at times too to me.

I must be colour blind or something.

To me the newer scheme looks lighter than the old one, the old one actually seems closer to the Marlboro red.

Anyway the new scheme looks better :king:

Well, you can't compare apples to oranges. Every camera shot is different and you've really got to have both at the same lighting conditions and see them in person to make a real comparison.

I work down the street from Philip Morris USA and I must say that the newer color is lighter than Marlboro red, as I can probably get the freshest packs of Marlboro as possible.

And we're arguing about shades of red for Heaven's sakes...

Shyt, red is RED.

Look at Phil's and Schumi's cars in my sig, Hill's looks a lot lighter than Michael's (Australia this year) or either of those on jay's post, bordering on orange even.

The difference in color is quite significant. The color used to be a deep and beautiful scarlet, now it is almost 'orange'.

yeah that's right