Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adrianmj

Alex Yoong to drive for Minardi this year

hey guys lately the local news papers in Malaysia have reported that Malaysia'a F1 aspirant Alex Yoong who's currently racing in the Japanese Formula Nippon may race for Minardi as soon as the British GP this year if everything goes on as planned......If he does get his seat who do u think will be giving way for him Alonso or Marques...

Well, Alonso generally qualifies ahead of Marques so on talent Alonso should stay.

I did read though that Marques brought a lot of dollars to the team so maybe he is too valuable to lose.

Personally I don't mind who makes way for Alex as I think he is a real talent & should go well in F1.

A new driver from a non traditional F1 country would be very good for the sport & I'd love to go to Sepang  to see him race.

I reckon it's one of the best circuits around & when the rail link to KL is fully operational it will be even better because at present it's a real pain getting back to town after the race.

oh yeah well Marques brings a lot of cash into the team but the thing is if Alex is to come in then he'll be in not on a pay to drive basis and actually he's supposed to raise a couple of million dollars if he is to make it in......so for ateam like minardi he'll be an asset if he's to come him.....

on the sepang thing well as i live near by the sepang track i never found trouble getting to the track but i guess for foureigners it's an hassle......

and well it will be fantastic for the country if a malaysian is driving and i bet the crwd support will be great as well as so far the only thing malaysian in F1 was the sepang track and team sauber which is sponsored by petronas, a malaysian company and on the car there's MALAYSIA printed on it.

Amjay

Getting to the track is OK it's getting back to KL again which is the hassle, but as I say the rail link should solve that.

Two years ago I stayed at the Concord Inn just down the road & it was no problem to get there afterwards.

There is talk of an Indian driver coming into F1 as well. That should generate a lot of local interest too.

I love the Malaysian GP & from where I live it's as cheap for me to go there as it is to go to Melbourne.

What this is all leading up to is that until we get an Aussie F1 driver Alex could be my local hero.

Alex boleh.

hmm well the indian driver's name is Narain Kartikayen and both Alex and Narain are racing in the Japanese Formula Nippon and are kind of rivals to become the first Non-Japanese asian driver in F1 and well Narain has already been to tests in a Jaguar...anyway lets just wait see and hope that both of them make it to F1 if not this season then at least next season...