Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Brazil Fastest Laps....

i have not seen any of the coverage, what was wrong with the rear wing! I recorded it but it sounded so dull i havnt botherd watching it yet!!

I look forward to hearing the excuses from the Buttonites about it though. It was probably the brakes, or the engine, or the tyres, or the track, or it was JV's fault, or Button was deciding who to drive for in '07, or Button had a hair out of place and lost concentration... it's really anyone's guess ;)

score10.gif

good lap from Mark. Glad to see JV getting another fastest lap over Massa...

I look forward to hearing the excuses from the Buttonites about it though. It was probably the brakes, or the engine, or the tyres, or the track, or it was JV's fault, or Button was deciding who to drive for in '07, or Button had a hair out of place and lost concentration... it's really anyone's guess ;)

Huh?

Jenson's lap was 6 tenths faster than Sato's.

Webber who came afer the first lap accident to get a better qualifying spot for the next race was faster than Button ( who by the way is on his 101st GP and yet to win a race nor register a fast lap, but considered as future WDC) : :lolroll:

The only person I hear calling Jenson a future world champion is Jenson

The only person I hear calling Jenson a future world champion is Jenson

Monty claims that we say it but of course we do not! Jenson would need a spectacular car to win the championship, something which he is unlikely to get.

He would also need all other drivers in the field replacing with narain karthikeyan and takuma sato clones

No he would not. If he found himself in car similar to the 2004 or 2002 Ferraris then, assuming that his team-mate was not amazingly good, he could easily win the title. Such a scenario is highly unlikely though but of course it is just about possible

No, I'm not convinced of that.

The 2002 and 2004 Ferraris were phenomenal cars; if Jenson had an inferior team-mate he would undoubtedly win the world title in such a beast.

In that case, you could look at it in a different way. Jenson would need a car MUCH better than anyone elses to have the chance of winning a championship - ie, the rest of the field would have to be uncompetitive, which is what I was implying with the karty taku clone comment.

that was meant to be an update of the previous post but you posted just before me

In that case, you could look at it in a different way. Jenson would need a car MUCH better than anyone elses to have the chance of winning a championship - ie, the rest of the field would have to be uncompetitive, which is what I was implying with the karty taku clone comment.

That is exactly the way I have been looking at it! So now you agree with me...(after momentarily disagreeing with me)

But you also agree with me! You imply the rest of the field must be in cars which do not compare with jensons, ie they are uncompetitive in comparison with his

We're arguing the same point, just from different angles

But you also agree with me! You imply the rest of the field must be in cars which do not compare with jensons, ie they are uncompetitive in comparison with his

We're arguing the same point, just from different angles

It

no, that post shouldn't have just been that sentence on its own! It should have been coupled with the other one. I wrote "No, I am not convinced of that" in response to him winning it easily.

Basically he would need any other possibly competitive car, McLaren, Renault, Ferrari and Toyota to be massively uncompetitive...

Its not that simple, if Ferrari had Button instead of MS, would they have ended up with a car like in 2002 or 2004? I doubt that. The car is a team effort, the drivers do come into it.

Im sure Jenson had nothing to do with the setup of his own car........

it's never Button's fault, he can do no wrong!!! :lol:

I dont understand why a lot of you don't think button's any good - he hasnt been consistently outperformed by a team-mate since Fisichella 4 years ago. And Button admitted he had a massive shock in 2001 when he realised he really needed to be able to set up a car and since then he's matured vastly into a consistent smooth and very quick driver. So what the hell are you on about kaisersalsek you strange person

You yourself say Sato, his teammate of the last 2 years is rubbish. Though here you are using it somewhat indirectly to make out Button is good.

You say he hasn't been weel beaten by a teammate for 4 years, 2 of these years were obviously with Sato. Hence you indirectly use it to make Button sound better.

So my point is, how can you say with confidence that Button is no good, when you the only thing you can really compare him against is his team-mate who is in the same car. Sato is rubbish most of the time, and Button, being a far superior driver, has destroyed him the last 2 years. So how can anyone really say Button is that bad, when its not like someone else in a BAR has been doing a lot better.

Because his team mate according to yourself and a number of others is pathetic, so theres no point matching to him. We could look at it this way, Fisichella beat him fairly well, and Alonso demolished Fisi this year. Button says he is better then Alonso.....Don't think so going on that.

Button beat Trulli, Trulli beat Alonso up to about france 2004. Damon Hill beat JV, JV thrashed Frentzen, then Frentzen thrashed Damon at jordan. You can't look at it that way. Its obvious to me you dont have a decent answer! You could only say Button's rubbish if he is always making mistakes, or being outperformed by his team-mate. JB's performances however are consistently very good, always way ahead of his team-mate and doesnt make many mistakes. So to say the BAR is the 3rd best, or can win races, is totally unjustified