Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wez

Ron Starts The Blame Game

and now I read from Ron Dennis that Alonso really wasn't trying in the later races and that his cars were a whole lot faster ?

'Alonso not F1's best driver' - 27 September 2005

Kimi R

To be fair, if Maclaren had equal reliability to the Renault, Kimi would have won the title hands down! Kimi made 1 major mistake as did Alonso. Kimi went on to make a few other insignificant errors that were mainly down to him playing catch up due to being plagued by unbelievable unreliability(but he blew us away with qualifying on a a vehicle fat with fuel whenever he had a penalty due to engine failure).

Maclaren should work on reliability as that is their greatest weakness. They had the best car on the grid but it was fragile.

Maclaren should go and work on reliability over winter and Renault should build on their reliability but look for pace - then we can have a very hot 2006 season!

To be fair, if Maclaren had equal reliability to the Renault, Kimi would have won the title hands down! Kimi made 1 major mistake as did Alonso.

Yeah, of course... and what if Renault would have had Mclaren speed? You talk as if McLaren and Renault were equal fast. I

I can't see from the article where RD blames any backmarkers, or JPM. KR lost and it's over. I can't see the point of arguing over who costed him the championship.

Regarding KR making more mistakes than FA, humans do tend not to perform their best under pressure, I say he has tried his best. Do not forget that everytime he has a engine penalty or some sort he makes it up by BRILLIANT qualifying.

Next year JPM and KR will blow everyone away... kill everyone with fire and ice. Remember to buy some insurance before the start of 2006.

They say- once is an accident, twice is coincidence, the third time is a trend. KR has been

Monty, Bajo is fanatic and not kind of change views :P

Montoya cost Kimi Title? ROFL! Sorry, but reasons for that are self centered: driving mistakes (smaller effect) and equipment problems (bigger effect). Not many seem to recall the beginning of season: Alonso won due to 4 first races and McLaren problems with reliability in rest of them.

You have not read the entire thread. Here are two important posts that you missed:

"Obviously the reliability of the package was the major cause of McLaren's failings this season but with the equipment they had, they still could have won but did not. The reason they did not, I think you will agree, was largely down to Montoya."

"Setting aside the reliability as the obvious cause (and fairly, on the basis that the situation could not be helped), where do you attribute blame?"

YES ;)

And that is my point- Ron Dennis can atempt to remove his head from his rear end for all I care, because come 2006, in www.f1.com hall of fame it will be Alonso

And that is my point- Ron Dennis can atempt to remove his head from his rear end for all I care, because come 2006, in www.f1.com hall of fame it will be Alonso

that is the only mistake FA has made all year. Running off at he 'Ring didn't cost him the win, Kimi's mistakes at the 'Ring did.

Correct!!!

Yeah, of course... and what if Renault would have had Mclaren speed? You talk as if McLaren and Renault were equal fast. I

Kimi has been pushing too hard and lacks the calm collected manner that Fernando seems to display with his driving. Kimi's qualifying for Brazil depicts this perfectly.

I totally agree

and now I read from Ron Dennis that Alonso really wasn't trying in the later races and that his cars were a whole lot faster ?

'Alonso not F1's best driver' - 27 September 2005

Kimi R

If you have the best car you should aim to win the constructors; if you have the best driver(s) you should aim to win the drivers. They have the whole combination but and this is down to luck, the only reason for them losing out this year with Kimi is because of luck and more importantly, the new points system.

Kimi has been pushing too hard and lacks the calm collected manner that Fernando seems to display with his driving. Kimi's qualifying for Brazil depicts this perfectly.

How many other similar mistakes has Kimi made this year in qualifying? You

Kimi has made a lot of mistakes this year, so has Michael. This is because neither of them has ever been in a position to sit back this season - Kimi because he had everything to gain and Michael has had nothing to lose. Due to this they have both managed some stunning drives this season.

Alonso started being calm and collected when he knew that he would get the title if he just settled for 2nd and 3rd places for the rest of the season, a position where he could quite comfortably be due to the performance of his car and the incompetence of Mclaren. Indeed he was more entertaining to watch before that, but who can blame him for wanting to seal the title. the Mclaren factor was always hanging over him since Mclaren had the faster car, if they came close on points it would have been very hard for Renault to hold on.

Winning the WDC with a car that was not the fastest , that's what I call pure class. As for blaming backmarkers Dennis should blame himself, Kimi's drinking during the season,and Montoya's tennis first service. :D:P:D

If you have the best car you should aim to win the constructors; if you have the best driver(s) you should aim to win the drivers. They have the whole combination but and this is down to luck, the only reason for them losing out this year with Kimi is because of luck and more importantly, the new points system.

Nope, we've discussed this before.

A lot of Kimi's "bad luck" has been caused by himself... running off the track, pushing his engine two hard ect.

Alonso was the best driver this year! Hence he's WORLD CHAMPION :king:

Kimi has made a lot of mistakes this year, so has Michael. This is because neither of them has ever been in a position to sit back this season - Kimi because he had everything to gain and Michael has had nothing to lose. Due to this they have both managed some stunning drives this season.

Alonso started being calm and collected when he knew that he would get the title if he just settled for 2nd and 3rd places for the rest of the season, a position where he could quite comfortably be due to the performance of his car and the incompetence of Mclaren. Indeed he was more entertaining to watch before that, but who can blame him for wanting to seal the title. the Mclaren factor was always hanging over him since Mclaren had the faster car, if they came close on points it would have been very hard for Renault to hold on.

Has he really? Would you care to elaborate?

Raikkonen has made barely a handful of mistakes. McLaren have made a great many mistakes and perhaps it is largely because of McLaren

Has he really? Would you care to elaborate?

Raikkonen has made barely a handful of mistakes. McLaren have made a great many mistakes and perhaps it is largely because of McLaren

A lot of Kimi's "bad luck" has been caused by himself... running off the track, pushing his engine two hard ect.

I've heard that point a lot too, and every time I agree more and more, including the times I've said it myself :clap3:

.. and yet Ron delusional Dennis prefers to blame everyone BUT his 'golden boy'.

We have but just face it, if the new points system was in place then you would have seen Kimi as champion this year; ITV did a small documentary on the points situation during one of their broadcasts at a GP weekend I am certain.

We have but just face it, if the new points system was in place then you would have seen Kimi as champion this year; ITV did a small documentary on the points situation during one of their broadcasts at a GP weekend I am certain.

Yes, but if the SCORING system had been different, the race results are very like to also have been different, as drivers wouldn't be sitting in lower positions settling for a few points and using reliability as more of a factor in their failure/success than before...

I dont think Ron has the right to blame anybody else except McLaren and Montoya for losing the WDC. First of all the Mercedes engine has proven unrelible in the parts of the season that were really important to score points on Alonso. And then Montoya who has made some stupid mistakes like in Turkey and Spa.

And for Alonso to be called the new iceman is stupid, people saying that kimi is loosing it is really dumb, since the start of the season Alonso has a big lead in the points and always could settle for a nice 2nd or 3rd while Kimi had to push all the time and of course he will make mistakes he is human after all, and just remeber that all Formula One drivers made mistakes in the past.

I think that the last two races will show who is the best because Alonso had won the WDC and needs to win for Renault so he will be pushing harder (if he can) and Kimi and Juan will be battling with each other. So who wins the last two races, I think is the best driver.

I dont think Ron has the right to blame anybody else except McLaren and Montoya for losing the WDC.

Montoya wasn't the one fighting for that title, Kimi was, so why not add him into that list. KIMI and MCLAREN lost the title, no-one else...

I think it's also stupid to call Kimi the Iceman, if anything Mika deserved that title, but people seem to believe as RD also does that Kimi is another driver in Mikas class just because he is the same nationality. That would be like saying Jensen Button is as good as Damon Hill.

Montoya wasn't the one fighting for that title, Kimi was, so why not add him into that list. KIMI and MCLAREN lost the title, no-one else...

I think it's also stupid to call Kimi the Iceman, if anything Mika deserved that title, but people seem to believe as RD also does that Kimi is another driver in Mikas class just because he is the same nationality. That would be like saying Jensen Button is as good as Damon Hill.

I totally agree...Mika Hakkinen is the true Iceman ! He never made mistakes when the pressure was on.... if he needed to deliver a top drawer performance, he always did

Japan 98, 99 and infact 00 as well...till the weather changed, and Wurz spun in front of the pitlane when he was about to pit that lap.