Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

Zonta Slams 'girly' V8 Engines

ZONTA SLAMS 'GIRLY' V8 ENGINES

ITV

34883_1.jpg

Toyota test driver Ricardo Zonta has poured scorn on the 2.4-litre V8 engines that will be used in Formula 1 next season.

The current 3-litre V10s will be replaced at the end of this season in favour of eight-cylinder units in order to curb escalating speeds and cut power outputs from 900bhp to around 730-750bhp.

But Zonta, who has been testing a hybrid Toyota fitted with a V8 at Jerez this week, says the power reduction has made the cars too easy to drive.

this will just make it even easier for mediocre talents to make the F1 grade. F1 is slowly going down the toilet with these ridiculous regulations.

This is sad. What we need most is cars difficult to drive, with no driving aids, so people make mistakes

No! This news are great for Kimi! you should be glad! :naughty:

this will just make it even easier for mediocre talents to make the F1 grade. F1 is slowly going down the toilet with these ridiculous regulations.

Exactly :thbup: .

No! This news are great for Kimi! you should be glad! :naughty:

Indeed, he will have no excuse to make mistakes now!

B) V-10's and V-12's 3.0L

Remember the Ferrari V12? now those were the days...

yes they had a viscious snarl....................So did the Jag V-12's of the old IMSA days

Remember the Ferrari flat 12? now those were the days.....

See you next week guys. :)

Remember the Ferrari flat 12? now those were the days.....

See you next week guys. :)

Have a great weekend!!!!!!!

yes they had a viscious snarl....................So did the Jag V-12's of the old IMSA days

Those IMSA engines were the most powerful engines in any sportscar or open-wheel racing series as far as I know... Shame that series was neutered and then disappeared.

Those IMSA engines were the most powerful engines in any sportscar or open-wheel racing series as far as I know... Shame that series was neutered and then disappeared.

IMSA GTP was a great series Nissan, Porsche and the Jags. and the Chevy's great now I'm feeling all weepy inside..........

I guess if these cars are Soooooooooo easy to drive then maybe ZONTA will get a race SEAT ????

I somehow don't think so <_<

I guess if these cars are Soooooooooo easy to drive then maybe ZONTA will get a race SEAT ????

I somehow don't think so <_<

And pigs will fly

:snigger:

yeah my sentiments exactly ......................

maybe that's why Zonta still has a job in F1, because the cars are simply becoming easier and easier to drive that any 'average joe' can come in and pedal the thing to a sufficient level...

maybe that's why Zonta still has a job in F1, because the cars are simply becoming easier and easier to drive that any 'average joe' can come in and pedal the thing to a sufficient level...

point made.............