Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kaciaj

Sato And Albers Most Likely Midland Lineup

Sources are indicating that the soon to be renamed Midland equipe are keen on running BAR refugee Takuma Sato alongside Dutchman Cristijan Albers in 2006.

The former Jordan team will run Toyota engines again next season, and despite his career-long links with rivals Honda, Sato is said to be a very strong favourite for one seat.

Current Minardi pilot Albers has impressed with his pace this season, and would be a worthy asset to the team too.

SOURCE UPDATEF1.COM

Cash still rules at Midland..

Yes but Sato and Albers are both better than Monteiro and Karthikeyan imo.....So this is a step forward afterall

Albers hasnt been outclassed by Doornbos at all. I just read on itv-f1.com that Davidson is likely to get a midland drive

I was just about to mention Davidson. He surely should get the seat ahead of Sato. As for the other seat, I'm not fussed whether either current Minardi driver gets it, although Doornbos has been mightily impressive.

He's probably the best japanese driver so it would make sense. But he should go to america - even rubbish drivers like Giorgio Pantano can do well over there

He's probably the best japanese driver so it would make sense. But he should go to america - even rubbish drivers like Giorgio Pantano can do well over there

Says alot about american racing dosnt it! :blink:

There's a whole list of reject f1 drivers that have competed and done well in america. And when a proper good f1 driver goes there (Mansell) he completely whoops all of them!

I still think that Albers, Sato, Davidson & even tickey the clown would be an improvement from what Jordan have this year.

People talk a lot about albers but I can't see that he's done anything special at all this year (I appreciate its almost impossible to do so in a minardi)

People talk a lot about albers but I can't see that he's done anything special at all this year (I appreciate its almost impossible to do so in a minardi)

for once I agree with you. what is not impossible to do in a minardi is to be slower than your teammate despite having done many more races, and Albers has managed to pull it off..