Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1Babe

20 races per season?

F1 magazine is saying that the FIA are under pressure to add more races to the season, and they expect to see 20 races per season in the future.

It know it wouldn't exactly go down well with the teams, who say they're stretched as it is, but I quite like the idea.

What do you think, 20 races in a season or keep it as it is?

20 races would be great. it would mean that we wouldnt have to wait so long to see more racing. i really hate this gap over xmas im getting the shakes from not seeing such great speed. ive been trying to attemp land speed records in my rx7 but it just isnt the same.

but i can understand the teams being against that. it would be even more demanding on the drivers wow but its only 3 more haha.

how do you think the teams would go with losing the tobacco sponsers in 2006, would they be able to afford going to another 3 locations????? or would they just pack another 3 into europe????

I think rotaryboy hit the nail on the head.

20 races would be cool for us, but the lower budgeted teams will find it hard.  Minardi could hardly afford to test last year and Prost couldnt pay Alesi's wages etc so how can they fly their teams to three more races?

I also read (here I think) that CART thinks it would be a good idea to hold F1 and CART races at the same tracks on the same weekends.  CART on Saturday and F1 on Sunday what do you think of that?

I don't think it would affect the lower budgeted teams very hard at all - testing would be changed - very likely banned, and the races spread further throughout the year. Thursday would probably be allowed as an unlimited testing day for a designated test driver.

Whether the FIA are pressured or not, it won't happen, because any changes such as this need the unanimous agreement of all 23 teams.

And as for CART and F1 races in the same weekend?! Please!

And there's never any question of there not being plenty of venues ready to stage races - they would even be happy to pay a lot of money for the priviledge - Silverstone is still under threat even as I type!

20 races would be cool.  I wonder what the extra races would be.  The idea of CART on the same weekend would be cool, but i don't know if they would be willing to be on the saturday as it would make them seem like the lesser event.

The idea of CART on the same weekend would be cool, but i don't know if they would be willing to be on the saturday as it would make them seem like the lesser event.

True, but the truth hurts eh?

I thought he said less than 16 cars, but I suppose thats splitting hairs.

I guess the front runners won't complain about the speed of the F1 backmarkers as much they'll complain about the F3000 instead won't they