Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

Kimi Lets Ferrari Rumours Continue...

Kimi lets Ferrari rumours continue

planetf1

Kimi Raikkonen has stopped short of denying claims he is on his way to Ferrari for 2007.

The McLaren driver has been strongly linked with a big-money move to Ferrari at the end of next season, with some claiming a contract has already been signed.

Raikkonen has been disappointed by two World Championship near misses in three seasons, with poor reliability a factor in each.

He is reported to have already agreed a pre-contract with Ferrari, who are on the look out for a top driver to replace Michael Schumacher.

The seven-time World Champion's Ferrari contract expires at the end of next season and he is expected to retire then, rather than race beyond his 38th birthday.

Raikkonen, 25, did little to silence talk of an impending Ferrari switch when given the opportunity on Thursday, only confirming he will stay at McLaren for 2006.

"They're not new rumours, they are already three years old," he said at Suzuka in the build up to the Japanese Grand Prix.

"But of course, now, everyone knows that my contract is only to next year with McLaren, so maybe it becomes more exciting to write about those rumours but the fact is that I have a contract next year."

"I'm happy with the team and for sure the car will also be good next year and I don't see any reason to go anywhere else."

"OK, after next year, we will see again, but I'm happy to stay."

Raikkonen is confident he will have a car capable of fighting for the title next season, when he hopes to make it third time lucky having missed out by whisker in 2003 and again this year despite having a faster car.

"We will try to fight for the Championship and try to win it but with all the new rules we don't know what is going to happen next year."

"But I think we will have a good package anyhow and hopefully it will be good enough for winning races and fighting for the Championship."

:eusa_think: McLaren will let him down again next year..............

:eusa_think: McLaren will let him down again next year..............

Like they have many times before!

I thought it was at least partly also Kimi letting THEM down... his luck isn;t ALL down to bad engines, esp as every other driver using them has made them survive.... or have you overlooked this fact because it doesn't fit your mindset?

I thought it was at least partly also Kimi letting THEM down... his luck isn;t ALL down to bad engines, esp as every other driver using them has made them survive.... or have you overlooked this fact because it doesn't fit your mindset?

Kimi had an engine failure in practice, again. How is that his fault? You claim that Raikkonen is barely a top 10 driver, that is utterly ridiculous, and then you say that he is responsible for his engine failing on Fridays and Sundays

Kimi had an engine failure in practice, again. How is that his fault? You claim that Raikkonen is barely a top 10 driver, that is utterly ridiculous, and then you say that he is responsible for his engine failing on Fridays and Sundays