Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Did Dc Jump The Start?

I thought he did while watching the start...... here is an aritcle from an Austrlain site, and Webber thinks DC jumped the start.

Australian Mark Webber called on Formula One to monitor race starts more closely after accusing Red Bull's David Coulthard of jumping the gun at the Japanese Grand Prix.

"The biggest thing is they have to do something about people jumping starts," said the Williams driver, who finished fourth at Suzuka after starting seventh, alongside Coulthard in sixth.

"I mean Coulthard went two weeks early. It was like Ralf (Schumacher) in Brazil. With the technology we have, they have to do something.

"One thousand per cent, he went before the lights went out."

Source

Interesting, don't they have systems for this though? I might re watch that start, as my eyes were focused on another car in the grid.

I thought the same thing, but nobody at track noticed it! weird! :eusa_think:

And somebody knows the reason for the Safety car to stay so many laps leading the way?, I think they were helping sato to reach the group.

I am reminded of Sato at Monaco in 04, where DC said he jumped the start, many people (senna and the like) used this to 'proove' sato jumped the start. I wonder if they'll keep on in the same way for this incident.

I am reminded of Sato at Monaco in 04, where DC said he jumped the start, many people (senna and the like) used this to 'proove' sato jumped the start. I wonder if they'll keep on in the same way for this incident.

I think they will, all the bashing to sato is clearly justifyied.

Some is, not all, but this is not what i mean.

Will they say, Webber was in the best position, so DC jumped? Like they did in the Sato case, or will they simply say he wasn't penalised, so he didn't do it, which would be the exact opposite.

Will they say, Webber was in the best position, so DC jumped? Like they did in the Sato case, or will they simply say he wasn't penalised, so he didn't do it, which would be the exact opposite.

We have to wait and see... :P

Now - you miss the main difference.

Sato retired shortly after - no need for a penalty or to investiage it.

DC did not retired shortly after.

This isn't the point at all. They used DC's quote as 'proof'. Will they do the same this time? I don't think so..Well atleast not Senna as i believe he likes DC, where as he hates Sato.

B) They have imbedded electronics in the grid to monitor this, it looks to me he just got off the line spot on.

B) They have imbedded electronics in the grid to monitor this, it looks to me he just got off the line spot on.

Except for at Monaco but thats being anal and is besides the point. There definately would have been some kind of flag up and investigation during the race if anyone had jumped the start, as there has been in previous races.

Maybe the oh-so reliable Webber got away slightly late? or simply um.... GOT IT WRONG.

Well DC made several places, so Webber wouldn't of been the only one getting away slowly, if thus is the actual case.

Unless we can get analaysis from the start alike Australia 2003 where an over head view showed Barrichello jump the start I don't think I can have anything else to say about his start than he is bloody great of the line.

DC - jump start ? hmm, maybe yes - as i saw by replay DC was much faster than anyone ! and his reaction was too much perfect =)

I dont know. I was watching DC at the start and he had a brilliant launch of the grid. I dont think DC jumped the start. Red Bull have had amazing starts this season and it is very common place for DC to gain 2 or 3 poitions after the first lap. You guys wouldnt notice that becauce you arnt paying attention to the Red Bull cars at the start of each GP but i have noticed it alot and almost every GP the Red Bull cars gain at least 1 spot. I think DC went from 12 to 8th several times this season as well.

DC has always been a gun starter, and I think he just nailed it. It was very close and you could easily argue good points for both sides, but I just think he got off to a flier and did not jump the start.

exactly. dc has a history of great starts(monaco 02 comes to mind immediately))

It was CLEAR that he jumped the start, dunno why they didnt do anything.

because IF he did, it was by far too small a margin for the FIAs grid monitoring system to pick up?

thats IF...

I think he has always been good at starts from what I remember, a bit like both Renault cars were last year and the year before... (ok yeah that was down to launch control where with DC it hasn't always been)

It's one of the racing skills he has close to perfect.

Michael, JPM, DC and Martin all said Sato jumped the start at Monaco! Furthermore, I saw several replays of Sato jumping the start which in fact prompted Martin