Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MSR

Montoya Hits Drain Cover

You would think the track officials would have learnt something from opening the bottom of a V8 supercar like a tin can earlier in the year.

Check out the following link for pictures.

http://www.v8x.com.au/cms/A_104588/article.html

Hate to think what would have heppened it it had gone under montoyas seat as it did with the V8.

You would think the track officials would have learnt something from opening the bottom of a V8 supercar like a tin can earlier in the year.

Check out the following link for pictures.

http://www.v8x.com.au/cms/A_104588/article.html

Hate to think what would have heppened it it had gone under montoyas seat as it did with the V8.

damn...am glad nothing serious happened out of the incident......even the constructors championship seems like a small price to pay

damn...am glad nothing serious happened out of the incident......even the constructors championship seems like a small price to pay

seeing as it was pretty much looking to go to Renault for most of the race anyways. Huge bad luck for Montoya though. :(

Montoya then messed up his race and Button's - he waited behind the safety car when he should have overtaken it costing them both 15-20 seconds.

This could be viewed as driver error: Kimi and Alonso (and the rest of the field) saw the raised drain cover and JPM didn

This could be viewed as driver error: Kimi and Alonso (and the rest of the field) saw the raised drain cover and JPM didn

Play nice!! LOL!!!

Don't think Montoya really would have saw it in time. He must have felt it though when he rode over it. Ouch!!

Play nice!! LOL!!!

Don't think Montoya really would have saw it in time. He must have felt it though when he rode over it. Ouch!!

Precisely and this moron Senna who has a history of bashing JPM comes with another stunner. :clap3:

Interesting it didnt hit the suspension. Sato, crank out the PPP numbers, please.

Precisely and this moron Senna who has a history of bashing JPM comes with another stunner. :clap3:

Admin should take a look at your posts. I don

You can't blame Pablo for that , watch a real time replay of the incident.

Has every driver said that they saw the drain cover??

You can't blame Pablo for that , watch a real time replay of the incident.

Has every driver said that they saw the drain cover??

Kimi said he saw it the previous lap and purposely avoided it on the second lap, the lap JPM hit it. Kimi saw it the previous lap and only JPM hit it of all the drivers in the race. This adds great strength to my argument.

It cannot be justified as driver error, Montoya is a fantastic race driver and was unlucky today along with McLaren.

It cannot be justified as driver error, Montoya is a fantastic race driver and was unlucky today along with McLaren.

Right, so it wasn

Kimi said he saw it the previous lap and purposely avoided it on the second lap, the lap JPM hit it. Kimi saw it the previous lap and only JPM hit it of all the drivers in the race. This adds great strength to my argument.

JPM was unsighted by two cars ahead of him senna......the case would have been the same for him even on the previous lap ( when kimi saw it)...he would have still been unsighted....i think it is too harsh to blame JPM for that.....but I am not surprised

Right, so it wasn

Oh by the way, congratulations on seeing your first season Monty.

Atleast I have the balls to say I support JPM and stick by, and not hide behind Sennas avatar like you do. :D

Indeed, indeed.................

Another JPM basher from the mods department heh....

Atleast I have the balls to say I support JPM and stick by, and not hide behind Sennas avatar like you do. :D

This is your first season Monty. I have been watching F1 for many, many years. Senna was my idol. I use his image as my avatar to remind myself of the person I consider to be the best Grand Prix driver ever. I was a huge fan of his and still am.