Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

Driver Of The Year: 2005 Season

Who was your Driver Of The Year?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. F1 Drivers

• Fernando Alonso
    • Kimi Raikonnen
    • Michael Schumacher
    • Juan Pablo Montoya
    • Giancarlo Fisichella
    • Ralf Schumacher
    • Jarno Trulli
    • Rubens Barrichello
    • Jenson Button
    • Mark Webber
    • Nick Heidfeld
    • David Coulthard
    • Felipe Massa
    • Jacques Villeneuve
    • Christian Klien
    • Monteiro
    • Alex Wurz
    • Karthikeyan
    • Pedro De La Rosa
    • Christijan Albers
    • Patrick Friesacher
    • Antonio Pizzonia
    • Vitantonio Liuzzi
    • Takuma Sato
    • Anthony Davidson

The list includes every driver to have started a race this year! The point is not who has dominated but who you feel has driven the best he could have in his machinery!

Could you state your choice and why when you have chosen

I of course Believe FA to be the driver of the year, he has been consistent, quick, aggressive, make some very good overtakin moves, has driven with care but has taken risks too! He has driven with an old head on young shoulders! Brilliant!

:D Kimi................

Kimi because he never gave up and pushed all the time for the WDC and the WCC but I guess it was not a year to celebrate, considering that Kimi and Alen Prost are the only drivers to win 7 races in a season and not be champions. So hopefully next season will be better for the team and for Kimi.

No doubt about it...

Fernando Alonso! Consistent when he needed to be, but also lightning quick and aggresive at times.

Even though I am a Raikkonen fan this last race has swayed me to say that Alonso Is the driver of the year.

Consistant,safe,reliable and bloody fast when he needs to !

Hope he doesn't become too arrogant tho' :king:

Even though I am a Raikkonen fan this last race has swayed me to say that Alonso Is the driver of the year.

:clap3:

FA did an absolutely brilliant job, no question, but then again, Renault made it easy for him, with impeccable reliability and consistently quick machinery. My criticism of FA is that he failed to really impress on many occassions when his car was clearly capable of more than he wrought from it.

And before you start complaining, I already hear you Wez, and the other FA fans, shouting "but that only demonstrates his maturity, and at such a young age"!!! And yes, I agree with that, but for the driver of the year honors, I place greater emphasis on constantly pushing your machinery to the limit and maximizing the potential of every opportunity more than winning at the slowest possible pace (a la 'the professor').

As a result, I'm sure you can tell that I voted for Kimi, who without question pushed harder and raced with more determination and aggression than any other driver this year, while managing to make very very few mistakes, despite pushing his car to the limit at every opportunity.

Said another way, FA's accomplishment was certainly not without its challenges, but it pales in comparison to KR's achievement in taking the race for the WDC to FA as closely as he did.

My criticism of FA is that he failed to really impress on many occassions when his car was clearly capable of more than he wrought from it.

How do you know that? Maybe it

FA is a bit better than KR in 2005

note: in last 3 years (2003-2005) KR is better than FA

Alonso, followed closely by Jacques ;) No, Alonso gets it for me. He did what he had to do when he accumulated a large gap to Kimi, and was in the right places to capitalise from Kimi's/McLaren's/Mercedes' faults this year whilst in the second best car (from Spain onwards). His drive at Imola was sublime.

I think kimi definately gets it over fernando. Fernando picked up a massive amount of points early in the season whilst kimi kept retiring or getting grid penalties. kimi has got everything he could out of the mclaren whilst fernando has just cruised around doing nothing (except for imola, japan, and china). I would also like to add that Jenson Button did a brilliant job getting 38 points out of a very difficult BAR!!

I voted DC. I know he is my favourite driver so my judgement might be off but in my view DC has done a amazing job in a car which isnt very good.

Fernando Alonso for his consistency and also being in the right place to capitalise on Mercedes failures a fair few times. and i agree with nojvnof1 he was terrific in Imola

Best Driver of the Year: Fernando Alonso

Best Rookie of the Year: Tiago Monteiro

Worst Driver of the Year: Takuma Sato

Biggest disapointment of the Year: Button and Webber (less talk more action gentlemans)

Same opinion from me also. Personally my favourite driver is Kimi, but I can tell that Fernando is the driver of the year.

I really respect jjoseph & Geordie honest opinions in this topic even though they are Raikkonen fans.

The list includes every driver to have started a race this year! The point is not who has dominated but who you feel has driven the best he could have in his machinery!

I of course Believe FA to be the driver of the year, he has been consistent, quick, aggressive, make some very good overtakin moves, has driven with care but has taken risks too! He has driven with an old head on young shoulders! Brilliant!

Kimi Raikonnen. He has simply been much much much faster than anyone else

Kimi Raikonnen. He has simply been much much much faster than anyone else. I am an Indian (With deference to Baggy)

Where is Doornbos?

Sh#t, i knew i missed someone! Damn!

Kimi Raikonnen. He has simply been much much much faster than anyone else. I am an Indian (With deference to Baggy)

He has been much much much faster because he has had a much faster car! It goes to fernando im afraid, he has drove superbly and made 1 mistake to Kimi's many mistakes!

Kimi Raikonen is a perfect choice, nothing to say against him. As many poles and wins as FA so really impresive but he