Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Fa's Slow Down Lap

This is about Alonso singing We Are The Champions by Queen over the team radio once he had won the race as it meant the Renault team had won the WCC. As for that final comment, I think there are quite a few who disagree with you, me being one of them. No World Champion is undeserving.

This is about Alonso singing We Are The Champions by Queen over the team radio once he had won the race as it meant the Renault team had won the WCC. As for that final comment, I think there are quite a few who disagree with you, me being one of them. No World Champion is undeserving.

I edit my comment as below

KR was a more deserving WC than FA

well I disagree with that as well :lol: but alot of ppl are of similar belief to you re. Kimi vs Alonso.

We all welcome to our own opinions Mock, But most people would disagree with you, Alonso was the driver of the year (and the fact that he is world champion & almost single handedly won Renault the constructors should illustrate this).

We are the champions......

well not many people agree with mock but i do! I find it surprising that alonso thinks he could've won more races, when he was gifted at least 3 by mclaren retirements!

Hey mock be careful there, FA is just as deserving as the next man, hes worked ****in g hard to get into F1 and he has done his best this year! He is completely deserving!

About that record deal, he better be hoping he aint asked to sing live! Miming is the only way to go for him! LOL!

we all know that he is the most undeserving WC in recent history, but that is the topic for another debate

We all know this is the most stupid post i

we all know that he is the most undeserving WC in recent history, but that is the topic for another debate

Jacques Villeneuve is the most undeserving WDC in recent history, followed by Damon Hill. I believe that Jacques is the weakest WDC of the past decade

Jacques Villeneuve is the most undeserving WDC in recent history, followed by Damon Hill. I believe that Jacques is the weakest WDC of the past decade

here's a better analogy:

(2005 cars)

Schumi - Renault (I would put Mclaren but they didn't win :( )

Mika - McLaren

Fernando - Toyota

Hill - Sauber

Villeneuve - Jordan on a good day

1995-2005 World Champions: ranking

1. Michael Schumacher

2. Mika Hakkinen

3. Fernando Alonso*

4. Damon Hill

5. Jacques Villeneuve

*Very difficult to place Alonso. He is considerably better than Damon and Jacques but it

and bad when it was off, Imola and Monza '99 anyone??

Ah to hell with it, Jacques is an F1 World Champ, and I know it pains quite a few of you to acknowledge this, but tough! Jacques did a better job in '97 than Hill did in '96. So I'd rank Jacques ahead of Hill. JV did a better job of beating his teammate than Hill did in '96.

As for Alonso, as I say, his style is so reliant and revolves around all the gizmos that I have questions as to how he'd go in the cars of the mid 90's. Don't get me wrong, I think Alonso is a big talent and I don't have a bad word to say about him, but his style wouldn't go down so well with the older style of cars, but I could be wrong. All I'll say is that JV deserved his title in '97 just as much as Alonso did his this year.

Villeneuve - Jordan on a good day

so you're saying that when JV was not even at his peak in '97, yet smashed his teammate, he was as good as a Jordan on a good day? You should rate JV when he won the title, not now, you can't compare the JV of '97 and JV of '05.

We all know this is the most stupid post i

and bad when it was off, Imola and Monza '99 anyone??

Ah to hell with it, Jacques is an F1 World Champ, and I know it pains quite a few of you to acknowledge this, but tough! Jacques did a better job in '97 than Hill did in '96. So I'd rank Jacques ahead of Hill. JV did a better job of beating his teammate than Hill did in '96.

As for Alonso, as I say, his style is so reliant and revolves around all the gizmos that I have questions as to how he'd go in the cars of the mid 90's. Don't get me wrong, I think Alonso is a big talent and I don't have a bad word to say about him, but his style wouldn't go down so well with the older style of cars, but I could be wrong. All I'll say is that JV deserved his title in '97 just as much as Alonso did his this year.

so you're saying that when JV was not even at his peak in '97, yet smashed his teammate, he was as good as a Jordan on a good day? You should rate JV when he won the title, not now, you can't compare the JV of '97 and JV of '05.

Not sure what you been smokin or drinkin mate, but hell J.V. is way past his "Use by date". Like how many points he scored this year? You rank J.V. ahead of Hill !! wow not a very complementary thing to say! Hill was and still is a one tim,e winging winner and a pommie to boot

<_<

I think Alonso did what he needed to do, given the equipment he had which was not the FASTEST but sure as hell was more reliable then Kimi's equipment, whether it was Kimi's fault or the Merc's fault, we will never know, and as for M.S. well he sure finished off the year in a very spectular way, like what the hell was he doing on that warm up lap ! and hell why did he spin out behind the Safety Car ? it appears M.S. has LOST IT big time

Yeah Kiko! Appears to be sour grapes to me.

And to Moch the biggest NK fan of them all.... Alonso has more chance of receiving a record recording deal for next season than that clown has of an F1 drive!

Hi Wez!!!!!

My grandmather drives fairly better than NK!!!!! :naughty:

JV may have thrashed his team-mate but he should have dominated 1997. Hill did a great job in 1996. Some poor starts cost him points but he was the dominant driver. Schumacher fought JV for the 97 title in a vastly inferior car. And he wasnt gifted wins like alonso was!!

JV may have thrashed his team-mate but he should have dominated 1997. Hill did a great job in 1996. Some poor starts cost him points but he was the dominant driver. Schumacher fought JV for the 97 title in a vastly inferior car. And he wasnt gifted wins like alonso was!!

I miss out the

Actually, I put F1's decline in the late 90's and early 00's down to the dominance of the two Finn's. Yes Ferrari were the main team in this period and won at a canter and Schumi has never been that exciting, but at least he can get angry and for a while had the greatest recent F1 personality in Eddie Irvine, who provided entertainment. But Kimi and Mika are such boring blokes. Their press conferences and speeches are like watching paint dry. This is not a general Finland thing. I went to uni with some Finn's and they are quite good laughs. I just don't get excited by them and thus don't get excited when they do well. I don't think McLaren has helped. I thought Coulthard was getting boring and corporate. But this year away from the Anglo-Teutonic silver strait jacket my opinion of him has improved greatly.

Every sport is as much about the personalities of the winners as the performances. look at Moto GP. Rossi has won multiple world championships, and dominated everything, more so than Schumacher did 2000 to 2004. But Moto GP is becoming more and more popular because of Rossi winnng everything because of his personality.

Alonso has a much better personality than Raikkonan. If anyone other than the Brits have to win a race, I would rather it was Alonso than anyone else.

Having said all this, It might just be a McLaren thing. I used to like Montoya, but he has lost his media spark this year.......

I miss out the