Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Rookie Of The Year

Portuguese driver finishes season with strong record

(GMM) Tiago Monteiro has claimed the 'rookie of the year' tag after finishing eleventh in China.

The Portuguese driver, who finished a record 18 of the 19 grands prix in 2005, reckons he did a better season-long job than Jordan teammate Narain Karthikeyan, and other rookies like Christian Albers, Robert Doornbos (both Minardi) and Vitantonio Liuzzi (Red Bull).

He said: ''To finish the season with ... best rookie of the year (and) man of the race in Spa ... is unbelievable.''

Monteiro, 28, also climbed onto the podium in the six-car Bridgestone benefit at Indy.

Meanwhile, the local 'Shanghai Daily' newspaper reports that 130,000 spectators gathered at the Chinese grand prix on Sunday -- a 20,000 drop over last year.

Personally I think Doornbos did better - he was thrown in at the deep end and came off looking better than his team mate, and outpacing Pizzonia and Jvi at times. :eusa_think:

Portuguese driver finishes season with strong record

(GMM) Tiago Monteiro has claimed the 'rookie of the year' tag after finishing eleventh in China.

The Portuguese driver, who finished a record 18 of the 19 grands prix in 2005, reckons he did a better season-long job than Jordan teammate Narain Karthikeyan, and other rookies like Christian Albers, Robert Doornbos (both Minardi) and Vitantonio Liuzzi (Red Bull).

He said: ''To finish the season with ... best rookie of the year (and) man of the race in Spa ... is unbelievable.''

Monteiro, 28, also climbed onto the podium in the six-car Bridgestone benefit at Indy.

Meanwhile, the local 'Shanghai Daily' newspaper reports that 130,000 spectators gathered at the Chinese grand prix on Sunday -- a 20,000 drop over last year.

Monteiro, easily.

I think C. Klien has easily been the best rookie. That guy has a strong future

CK isn't a rookie.

Considering his season last year obviously in 2004 with Jaguar he isn't a rookie but he is an incredible driver. He should have a strong career ahead of him after an incredible race in China from 14th to 5th. Great stuff!

CK isn't a rookie.

If Sato was considered a rookie last season...anybody can!

he is an incredible driver.

no, he's good, he's not incredible....

monteiro probably, sharply followed by doornbos. albers should go to DTM, karty should deliver ice creams

he is an incredible driver.

no, he's good, he's not incredible....

monteiro probably, sharply followed by doornbos. albers should go to DTM, karty should deliver ice creams

and Sato should take public transportation.

I thought that 2004 did not counted as CK rookie year.

Considering his season last year obviously in 2004 with Jaguar he isn't a rookie but he is an incredible driver. He should have a strong career ahead of him after an incredible race in China from 14th to 5th. Great stuff!

:wacko: It was a complete fluke! As was Ralf

I think C. Klien has easily been the best rookie. That guy has a strong future

how can an f1 fan worthy of posting on this board call ck a rookie? sorry, but that's just unbelieveable. ck was hardly invisible last year...

I thought that 2004 did not counted as CK rookie year.

why not??

Personally I dont think any of the Rookies were that impressive...

Although not really his first season I thought Christian Klien was Impressive!

whilst the Safety Car helped, CK had to a. put in some quick laps to make full use of the strategy and b. not crash. He made use of the lucky break handed to him, a sign of a very good driver.

It, or should I say they, helped an awful lot! DC deserved to finish ahead of CK and then the safety cars undo all his hard work and gift the Austrian some undeserved points, the same is true of Ralf.

they weren't undeserved. They were given the opportunity and they took full advantage of it.

they weren't undeserved. They were given the opportunity and they took full advantage of it.

So then JV deserved to qualify 4th for the opening Grand Prix of 2005 because he was given the opportunity due to the weather situation

Albers should get a better seat next year, he did well and beat his teammates often.

doornbos confused the albers situation for me. Doornbos comes in with less F1 experience than Albers half way through, well, more than half way through, the season and put up a good fight against Albers, beating him on many occassions. I know what I said about albers, and I still hold that I think he has great potential, but I believe Doornbos may have even more.

So then JV deserved to qualify 4th for the opening Grand Prix of 2005 because he was given the opportunity due to the weather situation

I don't think any of the rookies have done anything special. But monterio did well to always finish. i've said all along albers should go back to DTM, more enjoyable for him and he won races there