Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kup

5 Best F-1 Seasons In A Row (interesting)

5 best (interesting) years in a row, oke =)

What are best years of a favourite driver or team evaryone can see in profile and compare stats.

I gonna vote for 86-90 as best F-1 days, coz i`m more "F-1 fan" than any other type/kind of "fan".

5 best seasons for F-1 - that is what i`d like to discuss in this topic and in future Poll.

Not as old as people think! I'm only 42, but feel like a grandad compared to some of you!

2000-2004, obvious reasons.

Because Michael Schumacher dominated those years (minus 2003 which he still won) you thus conclude that they are the best years of F1 that you have seen. Even considering your status as a Schumacher fan that is inherently absurd.

If you have not seen F1 before 2000 I could accept your verdict but 2002 and 2004 were the most boring seasons for quite some time. There was no competition.

Because Michael Schumacher dominated those years (minus 2003 which he still won) you thus conclude that they are the best years of F1 that you have seen. Even considering your status as a Schumacher fan that is inherently absurd.

If you have not seen F1 before 2000 I could accept your verdict but 2002 and 2004 were the most boring seasons for quite some time. There was no competition.

I remember seeing occasional races before 2000, like I remember seeing Jerez 97 vaguely and I remember taping Suzuka 98 and watching it before school started, and I remember a little bit of 1999 season and I did watch a lot of 2000, albeit not remembering doing so that well, but in all actuality, think of this:

2002 had 3 different teams win, Ferrari, Williams, and McLaren.

2004 had four, Ferrari, Williams, McLaren, and Renault.

2000, with all its excitement, had only two teams win, Ferrari and McLaren, while in 1999, we had Ferrari, McLaren, Jordan, and Stewart winning.

2000 actually was a boring season in terms of diversity of winning.

That being said, 1987-1991 were full of action, so of all time I think those are the best, but having only seen 2000-2004, y'know, all that.

(= Racings have much more interesting things than just "winning"

Hungary was the best race this year to me even though I support Alonso and would have prefared him to win. Nice action going on in that race.

Well here is another dinosaur (a 43 years old one). The best -for me of course- were 78-83. Why? Those who were lucky witness saw a total F1 revolution: Ground effect, radial tyres, turbo engines vs normal aspirates, honeycomb and titanium, and 5 differents teams won in 6 years and the first turbo engine champ!

And then only five teams won in 20 years!!!!!!!!!!

5 best (interesting) years in a row, oke =)

What are best years of a favourite driver or team evaryone can see in profile and compare stats.

I gonna vote for 86-90 as best F-1 days, coz i`m more "F-1 fan" than any other type/kind of "fan".

5 best seasons for F-1 - that is what i`d like to discuss in this topic and in future Poll.

86-90 :thbup:

For obvious reasons I would vote for 85-89 as well.

BTW, 96-00 were pretty damn good too.

Now that the schuey domination is over, I think 2006-2011 will be the best 5 years in a row!

Should that not be 2005-2009, or did you find the 05 season a bad one?

BTW, 2006-2011 is 6 seasons, maybe you want to exclude one on one end ;)

The older, the better. Although I wasn't around following the seasons 86-90, now I wish I had born earlier.

I also enjoyed seasons 96-00.

Some dayz ago i realized one more thing:

Can we still name current F-1 racing as "GRAND Prix" ?

GP distance can be measured in KM or Hours/Minutes.

Nowadays fastest time is 1h14m+ at Monza.

Longest run is limited to 2h00m+.

But in the past days (1950-1960) GRAND Prix were nearly 3h+ long !

I think current F1"GP" limits are too strong (305km+ & 2h+).

The limits: 500km+ and 150min+ are much better for F-1 as GRAND Prix racing SPORT.

And also it`s more interesting for fans/viewers.

Better for Car-Makers as they must do better cars with less failures.

Also (again) i think "Qualy" idea is a past-time idea of 20th century.

How quickly make good starting order (grid).

Now in 21th F-1 can move Qualy to Friday, and with longer Sunday run (500km/150min).

In Saturday we could see SPRINT Race (200km/60min).

Weather changes during Week-End can make it even more cool !

A sprint race is a risky idea. What happens if the sprint race is more popular than the actual race?

(= How can we judje ? Let`s just try it and analyze results !

To minimize risks: Sunday is always Sunday - it is Grand Prix day ! With Podium and etc ...

Saturday Sprint-Race can have press-conference - just like Qualy. But NO podium.

And i think one point to discuss is - points for Sprint. I like the simple idea of 5-4-3-2-1.

F1 Shortest / Longest GP Time

Driver Team Engine Laps Time Date GP Track

= = =

A`Senna McLaren Honda 14 24m35s 91-1103 AUS Adela

N`Lauda Brabham Alfa-R 40 67m05s 78-0910 ITA Monza

M`Schum Ferrari Ferrari 53* 74m20s 03-0914 ITA Monza

JP`Mont McLaren Merced 53* 74m29s 05-0904 ITA Monza

= = =

JM`Fang Merced Merced 22 3h45m46 54-0801 German Nurburg

JM`Fang Maserat Maserat 22 3h30m38 57-0704 German Nurburg

JM`Fang Alfa-R Alfa-R 77 3h22m11 51-0701 French Reims

= = =