Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

2005 Was A Difficult Year, Says Jv

2005 was a difficult year, says JV

planetf1

Jacques Villeneuve says he is was pleased with Sauber's performance despite it being a difficult year for the team.

Sauber have failed to really compete at the top of the ladder this year, struggling for pace, but the former World Champion is pleased with what the team have been able to improve during the year.

"In terms of performances, 2005 was quite hard," said Villeneuve.

"We didn't have a quick car from the start and there were no major evolutions during the year so we had to work very hard to improve the performances with setup work."

"On this particular point, I am extremely happy with the job we've done this year."

The team improved steadily throughout the year, constantly improving the car and setup. Villeneuve says this made a vast improvement in regard to the performance of the car and while they did not complete for top honour he is pleased with the job they were able to do.

"Looking at lap times and comparing them to Felipe's we were able to improve the car by over half a second per lap during the course of the season."

"Of course, things like this are not very visible as we were fighting for positions and not for podiums but it is quite satisfying to have achieved such a strong job," he said.

The Sauber team will has now been taken over by BMW. Villeneuve

The question remains, BMW has not yet confirmed JV for next year... Why??? :eusa_think:

Indeed. Do they not need to confirm him or do they not want to confirm him?

why confirm now his a sauber driver for next year now BMW

but i think in november gonna confirm him wait and see!!!!

yeah i read somewhere that BMW will comfirm his drivers in mid-november

i hope jacques gets BMW's second seat :thbup:

I heard that too Trip. Needless to say I agree with you

Indeed. Do they not need to confirm him or do they not want to confirm him?

that's the million dollar question isn't it? You could say that he has a contract and there is no need for confirmation, or you could just as easily argue that Dr Mario has made some comments putting JV's seat under question, hence a confirmation either way is needed. As I've said all along, either way, I just want to know!

I hate Mario. Does anyone like him? Everything he says and does annoys me!

You hate everybody jems! :(

relax mate! :D

Hey I like everyone! Just hate Ferrari, Jean Todt, Mario Thiessen (and schumacher whenever I think of adelaide 94)

Hey I like everyone! Just hate Ferrari, Jean Todt, Mario Thiessen (and schumacher whenever I think of adelaide 94)

:D

why confirm now his a sauber driver for next year now BMW

but i think in november gonna confirm him wait and see!!!!

I hope so. I want to see Villeneuve in the BMW next year.

I have a good feeling that he'll do very well. F1 needs Jacques whether people like it or not.

I have a good feeling that he'll do very well. F1 needs Jacques whether people like it or not.

from ur sig i can tell that u are in dreamland , lightyears away from reality.anyway :welcome::welcome:

have a dought that u are from jensonbutton.com :eusa_think::naughty:

from ur sig i can tell that u are in dreamland , lightyears away from reality.anyway :welcome::welcome:

have a dought that u are from jensonbutton.com :eusa_think::naughty:

Yes I am from JB.com. Just thought I'd have a look elsewhere for a change. :lol:

Thanks for the welcome. :)

Hi Jasey babe!!

Nevermind about being lightyears away from reality, or being from JB.com - some peoples choice of driver is totally whack anyway!!!!!

JV is still very popular in North America, which is why he will likely remain in F1 next year. Scott Speed is an obvious nod to the Americans, but he will not be achieving much in the RB Junior team, and with the scant coverage he will surely get in the races, F1 would do well to maintain as much North American content as they can.......

As for JV doing well next year - I have some reservations about that. BMW will massively increase Sauber's budget to be sure, but '06 will still be a transition year, with the car largely having been developed by Sauber before the takeover. As a result, I don't think that NH and JV (or whoever will be partnering him) will necessarily do that much better in '06 than Sauber managed at the beginning of '05 (though they will almost certainly keep better pace with the rest of the field as the year progresses).

or being from JB.com - some peoples choice of driver is totally whack anyway!!!!!

this coming from a Button fan!!! ;):lol: Now before all you JB fans perpare your statements bashing JV, I was only joking!!