Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

Nigel Throws Gauntlet To Prost

NIGEL THROWS GAUNTLET TO PROST

ITV

35255_1.jpg

Nigel Mansell claims he is surprised and disappointed that old rival and four-time Formula 1 world champion Alain Prost is not taking part in the Grand Prix Masters series.

The new category, a self-styled seniors tour for Formula 1 stars, has attracted several ex-champions including Mansell, Emerson Fittipaldi and Alan Jones, not to mention GP winners like Riccardo Patrese, Rene Arnoux and Patrick Tambay.

But Prost claims other commitments have prevented him from taking part in the race at Kyalami on November 13.

Mansell indicated however that the Frenchman feels he hasn't had sufficient time to test the car.

"I am very surprised and I don

Go Mansell go!

Incidentally, anyone know any official details of Masters Grand Prix? What TV channels is it going to be broadcast on? More importantly, which channel(s) will Magic Murray be comentating on? Mansell and Walker ..... I will have to watch that one!

Go Mansell go!

Incidentally, anyone know any official details of Masters Grand Prix? What TV channels is it going to be broadcast on? More importantly, which channel(s) will Magic Murray be comentating on? Mansell and Walker ..... I will have to watch that one!

BBC are doing coverage but i'm afraid I have no other details, and I am likely to watch this, seeing as I can, unlike A1GP.

BBC are doing coverage but i'm afraid I have no other details, and I am likely to watch this, seeing as I can, unlike A1GP.

This will be a very nostalgic experience for me! A1 is rubbish. The GPM will have some really big names from yesteryear and it could be really good.

This will be a very nostalgic experience for me! A1 is rubbish. The GPM will have some really big names from yesteryear and it could be really good.

Indeed, concour................

I see the massive hype that ushered in A1 GP at Brands Hatch has died. I rarely hear a thing about it now.

I will be watching GPM mainly because it's full of drivers who are tried and tested AND of course the king of commentary, the right honourable Mr Walker. This is surely a recipe for a great show.

I see the massive hype that ushered in A1 GP at Brands Hatch has died. I rarely hear a thing about it now.

I will be watching GPM mainly because it's full of drivers who are tried and tested AND of course the king of commentary, the right honourable Mr Walker. This is surely a recipe for a great show.

I don

Indeed the only coverage over here has been a short recap on the British made Motorsports Mundial that airs on Speed tv.

That would be too much for my liking!

If you want to see drivers like Basil Shaaban, Fairuz Fauzy, Armaan Ebrahim etc watch A1GP :huh:

If you want to see drivers like Nigel Mansell, Emerson Fittipaldi, Riccardo Patrese etc watch GPM :)

If you want to see drivers like Kimi Raikkonen, Fernando Alonso, Michael Schumacher etc watch F1. B)

Various (tabloid, it has to be said) newspapers supported it at the start, highlighting the differences that they claimed 'made it better than F1', sadly radio news (on BBC Radio 1 at least, probably on many other stations) jumped on the bandwagon. Autosport Magazine (one of the June issues, I think) had a preview DVD.

There was loads of hype just before the BH race which quickly died before the second race after a few newspapers delighted in saying "oh yes there was overtaking"... sadly the timing of race 1 coincided with Alonso clinching the WDC.

and from what I've seen in the past of Motorsport Mundial, it only has brief recaps of most things.

and from what I've seen in the past of Motorsport Mundial, it only has brief recaps of most things.

It is what it is, a nice recap 1/2 hour with some long-ish segments.

Ive got photos of Arnoux's GP Masters car on display at Joburg International Airport... Ill post them for you guys when I get the chance.

Sorry if you dont see me much on TF1 at the moment, im just extreamly busy at work and dont get a chance to get on to the Net much, will chat more in about a months time or so. Cheers Wez!