Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mars99

Narain To Drive For Midland In 2006

though not official yet, Narain is on the verge of signing a deal with Midland team for 2006. It is just a matter of time before the news come out. I do not like the midland team personally that for sure, but rather see narain in race then testing (which was also being considered for another team). I am absolutely thrilled (doesnt matter what the totalf1 comunity think)....yess will watching him race again next year. :clap3::naughty:

Where did u hear/read abt this news? a gr8 news for all the indian F1 fans! (i am 1 of em)

i'd b very delighted if this news is true!

well if it IS true, then GO NARAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i had read somewhere last year that Midland owner signed narain basically cause MIDLAND is plannin to step into INDIAN STEEL INDUSTRY.

where did u read this news really?

though not official yet, Narain is on the verge of signing a deal with Midland team for 2006. It is just a matter of time before the news come out. I do not like the midland team personally that for sure, but rather see narain in race then testing (which was also being considered for another team). I am absolutely thrilled (doesnt matter what the totalf1 comunity think)....yess will watching him race again next year. :clap3::naughty:

what is your SOURCE :eusa_think:

I think this is just a rumour. On of my friend from India was telling that Narain singed a deal with Williams for a test seat.

I think this is just a rumour. On of my friend from India was telling that Narain singed a deal with Williams for a test seat.

Yes, there were rumours that Sir Frank was looking to run a pay-driver on Friday/ get a pay-driver test driver. Considering this, Sir Frank has got $30m reasons why he should pick Narain!

Yes, there were rumours that Sir Frank was looking to run a pay-driver on Friday/ get a pay-driver test driver. Considering this, Sir Frank has got $30m reasons why he should pick Narain!

What would be the point? a test driveer must be able to give relevant feedback and be able to drive the car at its limit or close too.

What would be the point? a test driveer must be able to give relevant feedback and be able to drive the car at its limit or close too.

$30m! Obviously, Narain wouldn

A pay-driver test driver? Well, the guy is so bad that he has to pay even for testing :clap3:

$30m! Obviously, Narain wouldn

Yes you are correct in that I'm sure a proper test driver could be had for $1m or less.

Easily. So this is actually very good business. Sir Frank hires Narain and in doing so becomes $30m richer. This allows him to buy a proper test driver and the remaining $28m or so, can be invested in Williams 2006 season campaign. Also, hiring Narain, even though its only as a test driver, might open up the lucrative Indian market. The Tata Group, Bharat Petroleum Corp and JK Tyres might become sponsors of Williams.

Easily. So this is actually very good business. Sir Frank hires Narain and in doing so becomes $30m richer. This allows him to buy a proper test driver and the remaining $28m or so, can be invested in Williams 2006 season campaign. Also, hiring Narain, even though its only as a test driver, might open up the lucrative Indian market. The Tata Group, Bharat Petroleum Corp and JK Tyres might become sponsors of Williams.

But the pressure would be on to give him at least a token race ride possibly in Bahrain or Turkey to apease the sponsors, and that must not happen, for then I would lose respect as Sir Frank sells out.........

But the pressure would be on to give him at least a token race ride possibly in Bahrain or Turkey to apease the sponsors, and that must not happen, for then I would lose respect as Sir Frank sells out.........

if and when the above speculation turns into reality suddenly webber will have a bicycle accident...

if and when the above speculation turns into reality suddenly webber will have a bicycle accident...

:D:D:D

if so, then i am happy for you and his fellow fans. i hear that taku may be partnering him too if the honda b team doesn't come about. i suspect this will easily be the laughing stock pairing of 2006 if it eventuates, but i think they are both exciting drivers to watch when they are on their game. tyre changes will assist both drivers next year. :thbup:

what is your SOURCE :eusa_think:

oh yes, a source would be nice

all rumours. i won't believe a single one of them until it is in the news as a fact

I feel sorry for you Shadow, both your drivers aren't sure of a seat next year and there's heaps of rumours!

i suspect this will easily be the laughing stock pairing of 2006 if it eventuates,

what would make you think that?! :lol: If this eventuates, imagine the repair bill for the team next year, not even Narain's fee to drive will cover this expense! I hope Williams signs one of the Minardi drivers over Narain, they'd be better testers and bring in some cash.

I feel sorry for you Shadow, both your drivers aren't sure of a seat next year and there's heaps of rumours!

rubbing the salt into the wound you are :lol:

:lol: well considering one of the drivers you're worrying about is the same one I'm worrying about, I can say I share 50% of your pain :lol:

Even though Narain has done a not so bad of a job this year, I think his future in F1 remains justifiably uncertain, as with many rookies.

Has he really shown us an eye-popping perfomance?

My point exactly. :)

Even though Narain has done a not so bad of a job this year, I think his future in F1 remains justifiably uncertain, as with many rookies.

Has he really shown us an eye-popping perfomance?

My point exactly. :)

:welcome: welcome to the forums!

thanx mate :D