Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

narain fan

"ms Rubbishes 2nd Driver Claim" And Attacks All His Previous Teammates At One Go

Michael Schumacher has heard it all before. If you ask Juan Pablo Montoya and Giancarlo Fisichella, beaten by their respective McLaren and Renault teammates in 2005, what went wrong in 2005, you'll get differing versions of 'I was not adapted to the car' (Montoya) and 'I was unlucky' (Fisichella).

Seven time champion Schumacher, 36, doesn't buy it. In fact, he calls it 'rubbish'. "They lacked what my former teammates lacked -- enough speed," the German boldly claimed.

Schumacher, who usually comprehensively beat the departing Rubens Barrichello at Ferrari between 2000 and 2005, told 'Motorsport Aktuell' that most stories about inferior equipment and 'number two' drivers are imaginary.

He wondered: "Why is it so hard to accept that some drivers are quite simply better?"

So where does Schumacher think his new stable-mate, Felipe Massa, will fit in at Ferrari? "I expect that he will step at least into Rubens' footsteps, and if not he might even do a bit better job."

updatef1.com

Thats great coming from Schumacher who makes sure that Ferrari only hire over-rated drivers as his team mates, and then they dont let them pass him, while they have to wave MS past in the opposite situation!

LOL! I think he is right to an extent though, some drivers are simply much better than their teamates! FA is superior to GF. KR is superior to JPM (but not by so much!) and JB is far superior to TS. I just dont like how hes soo full of himself but he does afterall have a right to be, he is a 7 times wdc!

I suspect Michael is right...

You know he's right.

he is right, to an extent, though in some cases (verty few mind you) team matea are often unlucky! BUT, the majority of the time its cos they are indeed slower as MS points out than the n1 driver!