Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AutoRacer5

2005 Usgp- Who Was To Blame...

Since we have only a little bit of action here, I thought I'd start this one:

55% Michelin (Obvious reason)

30% FIA (Obvious reason)

14% Teams (Setups with too much camber on LR tire)

1% Indianapolis Motor Speedway (Crappy repaving job)

30% FIA (Obvious reason)

100% the fault of the stubborn Michelin teams.

I fully blame Michelin for that farce.

All the teams were only acting on what Michelin told them. I'm sure none of us would have wanted another death in F1 for the sake of getting an F1 show.

F1 is a fantastic sport but safety as ever is a priority.

F1 is a fantastic sport but safety as ever is a priority.

Indeed, and the Michelin teams could have competed safely by ordering their drivers through the pitlane on each lap and in this way the fans would have enjoyed a unique spectacle and a true race for all the positions (or really one race for positions 1-4 and another for positions 5-8).

A solution could have been found if certain teams had been reciprocal. Michelin are obviously the primary culprits as it was their blunder that created the situation in the first place but if certain Bridgestone teams had agreed to implement the chicane we still could have had a race

I never saw why Bridgestone should compensate for Michelin's error as Bridgestone had done their homework and made the correct tyre choice.

It was right not to introduce the chicane as it would have raised serious questions about the F1 rules.

A solution could have been found if certain teams had been reciprocal. Michelin are obviously the primary culprits as it was their blunder that created the situation in the first place but if certain Bridgestone teams had agreed to implement the chicane we still could have had a race

It is ridiculous to expect the Bridgestone teams to sacrifice their race for ill-prepared competitors. Anyway, the FIA would not have allowed a race to be run on a hastily-altered, untested layout and quite rightly so. You cannot on the one hand absolve the Michelin teams for not running on safety grounds and on the other blame the Bridgestone teams for not agreeing to run on an untested layout.

I

I then said that the Bridgestone teams could have agreed to the chicane proposal and then we could still have had a race.

Thank you for clarifyng but I still take issue with the above quoted statement even though it is a fair one. The Bridgestone teams agreeing to the chicane proposal would not have allowed the race to be run by itself. In fact, whether they agreed or not was academic because the FIA said they would not have allowed the race ot be run on the altered, untested layout anyway. And again, quite rightly so.

Does this one really need more discussion than was had for weeks after it actually happened?

The chicane idea would have made the situation more dangerous with drivers like Sato around.

As has been said already there still would have been positions for Michelin runners to compete for, granted they wouldn't have been podium but as teams like McLaren should know by now, every point counts. it's possible a slower-than-usual McLaren or Renault would still have been faster than the Minardis and Jordans.

30% FIA (Obvious reason)

80% Michelin

20% The one team that had issues due to under inflated tyres....

IMS had no fault in this, track is good for all the other cars from different series and 99% of this series.....

The track surface was crap, tests were cancelled due to its non-safety. Indy car drivers reported bad situations with the surface, that is the only way that they were at fault.

50% michelin

50% the fia

michelin created the debacle, the fia let it happen. if only one or the other came to play then we, the fans, would have had a race.

it was michelins fault the problem occured, but it was everyones fault why only 3 teams competed, they just could not reach an agreement, makes me sick!

I would have to put 75% on Michelin (obvious), 20% on FIA (for not allowing change to track), 5% on IMS due to repavement. Can not put blame on teams because they pulled out due to saftey

:mf_tongue: 100% Michelin................

Yet again using your anti-ferrari bias to a problem that had little to do with Ferrari to begin with. There weren't team orders, Barrichello didnt break in time for the corner, I believe it was his 6th time in the grass that weekend. Even if Ferrari had wanted a chicane as well, the FIA wouldnt have allowed it.

Ill be openly honest, I hate Ferrari, And think they are all scum!

Obviously Michelin stuffed up big time, but there were plenty options that could have gone through with!

The FIA use double standards because in Brazil 2003 Bridgestone did not bring tyres that could handle the massive amount of water on the track, so the race was started under the SC. Ironically Fisi in a Jordan using Bridgestones won!

And its a known fact that Ferrari did everything in their power to make sure that the proposals from the Michelin teams did not go through at Indy. Italian SCUM!

no a chicane probably wouldnt have been feasible. But ferrari are scum anyway. Thanks to michelin error, ms and barrichello are further up the standings than they should be, and toyota deserved to finish in front of them

no a chicane probably wouldnt have been feasible. But ferrari are scum anyway. Thanks to michelin error, ms and barrichello are further up the standings than they should be, and toyota deserved to finish in front of them

No they didn't! Toyota selected Michelin tyres which proved to be faulty. They deserve to be precisely where they are in the standings.