Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Karthikeyan Out Of Contention For 2006

(GMM) Narain Karthikeyan has counted himself out of the running to stay on the F1 grid next year.

Although the rookie Indian appeared to be a contender to keep his Jordan ride, he has admitted that negotiations with the newly renamed 'Midland' outfit have now ended.

Karthikeyan's revelation adds fuel to speculation that Portuguese oil company-sponsored Tiago Monteiro will line up alongside Christijan Albers.

'NK' said the price of the race drive was simply too high.

''The seat would have worked out between (US) $9.5 million and $14 million,'' Narain said.

Karthikeyan says he did not even seriously propose the price-tag to his Indian sponsors because ''I knew it is impossible to get that kind of money.

''We have been juggling with the figures for some time now and ... it was not working out.

''I have been compelled to tell Midland to look elsewhere.''

If the $9-$14m asking price is accurate, it represents almost twice the amount forked out by Narain's sponsors for his 2005 team seat.

As expected, Karthikeyan confirmed that he had now turned his attention to a 'Friday' practice or test ride with a bigger team like Williams.

Asked if he'd been on the phone to Sir Frank, the Indian rookie replied: 'No comment'.

But he did say: ''Being a test driver in a good car will allow me to showcase my skills better.

''That is a genuine possibility.''

If the $9-$14m asking price is accurate, it represents almost twice the amount forked out by Narain's sponsors for his 2005 team seat.

very interesting :eusa_think:

''The seat would have worked out between (US) $9.5 million and $14 million,'' Narain said.

This is just another conflicting report...

Anyway, it is the Indian members of this forum who are eating their hats because their hero is not going to be on the grid next year. Hopefully some of the more disruptive of them will equally not be on the forum next year :)

no no i have said time and again that NK has no chance of getting a race seat next year you were the peopl insisting he would be there. so no disappointment from my part. infact i'll be quite happy if he gets a test seat he can learn quite a few things or if he does'nt he can go to A1

no no i have said time and again that NK has no chance of getting a race seat next year you were the peopl insisting he would be there. so no disappointment from my part. infact i'll be quite happy if he gets a test seat he can learn quite a few things or if he does'nt he can go to A1

Yes, in fairness, some of you were more realistic about his chances given a serious shortage of racecraft. I don't see how he is going to get a testing role but perhaps a race seat in a lesser series like F3 is possible. I would not oppose his particpation in such a series.

:clap3::clap3: As I said in another thread there is sanity in F1!, but as far as a test ride/drive as they say in New York "fuggetaboutit".

:clap3::clap3: As I said in another thread there is sanity in F1!, but as far as a test ride/drive as they say in New York "fuggetaboutit".

reuters has reported that he was today spotted at grove!!!!!!!he certainly is not holidaying there!

Anyway, it is the Indian members of this forum who are eating their hats because their hero is not going to be on the grid next year. Hopefully some of the more disruptive of them will equally not be on the forum next year :)

reuters has reported that he was today spotted at grove!!!!!!!he certainly is not holidaying there!

:blink:

I think you misunderstood slightly...

:blink:

I think you misunderstood slightly...

Orange? Avocado? Apple? there are many groves.

Frankly I don't really care if NK is on the grid next year or not........... FYI, my favourite drivers are MS and KR.

What irritates me is your fu**ing attitude. I was really hoping that you had disappeared from the forum because it was a much quieter and nicer place with you gone. But you insist on coming in and making outrageous, illogical, informed, racist, biased and half @ssed comments. Believe me, as long as you are there on this forum, I'm gonna be there kicking your @ss.

Yes, in fairness, some of you were more realistic about his chances given a serious shortage of racecraft. I don't see how he is going to get a testing role but perhaps a race seat in a lesser series like F3 is possible. I would not oppose his particpation in such a series.

Like anyone cares a flying f**k about what you oppose or don't oppose

mock, take it easy with the language ok.

On topic, this is good news, now to tell Honda Super Duper Aguri or whatever they're called to not hire Sato. Will be a difficult task seeing as this whole team was pretty much set up to give him a drive in F1, but we should give it a shot.

mock, take it easy with the language ok.

that's right. cool it mock. you can oppose bajo without the use of the f-word

that's right. cool it mock. you can oppose bajo without the use of the f-word

Sorry, lost my cool. Apologies

WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There should be a limit on the number of forum threads on un-important/cr@p drivers!

Frankly I don't really care if NK is on the grid next year or not........... FYI, my favourite drivers are MS and KR.

What irritates me is your fu**ing attitude. I was really hoping that you had disappeared from the forum because it was a much quieter and nicer place with you gone. But you insist on coming in and making outrageous, illogical, informed, racist, biased and half @ssed comments. Believe me, as long as you are there on this forum, I'm gonna be there kicking your @ss.

Like anyone cares a flying f**k about what you oppose or don't oppose

:lol:

I am glad to have you as a fan...

Frankly I don't really care if NK is on the grid next year or not

Well the rest of the forum does care because we happen to want to see the best possible drivers on the grid, regardless of nationality (unlike you), and having the vastly under qualified Indian in a race seat prevents this from happening. What's worse is that he also endangers the truly capable drivers we tune into see with his dangerous lack of car control and damages the reputation of the sport. Yes, without a doubt, the sane members of the forum do care whether Narain is on the grid or not.

Well the rest of the forum does care because we happen to want to see the best possible drivers on the grid, regardless of nationality (unlike you), and having the vastly under qualified Indian in a race seat prevents this from happening. What's worse is that he also endangers the truly capable drivers we tune into see with his dangerous lack of car control and damages the reputation of the sport. Yes, without a doubt, the sane members of the forum do care whether Narain is on the grid or not.

Indeed!!!

The forum WAS much nicer and quieter without you around... at least there were some interesting discussions. Sigh ! ........ with you back things are going back to bad......well good times never last.

The forum WAS much nicer and quieter without you around... at least there were some interesting discussions. Sigh ! ........ with you back things are going back to bad......well good times never last.

Funny, the most important members welcomed me back...

Hehe...the ducks are shooting the hunters...welcome back Dan!

Who are the most important members??? Aren't we all as important as each other, there isnt ranking here