Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

A Spanish Inquisition Awaits Rubens At Bar

A Spanish Inquisition awaits Rubens at BAR

planetf1

Rubens Barrichello can expect something similar to the 'Spanish Inquisition' when he joins BAR, as the Honda-powered team is keen for him to divulge all Ferrari's Championship-winning secrets.

Barrichello heads to BAR at the end of the year and will take with him a wealth of knowledge gathered during his six-years with Ferrari. During his stay, the Italian outfit won six Constructors' and five Drivers' Championship titles.

"The fact that Rubens has been working with the most victorious team in modern history means we'd be fools not to quiz him on what's made Ferrari so successful," BAR chief designer Kevin Taylor said.

"It's not just the design of the car, it's going to be on the way we operate. We'll listen to him to see if there are things we don't do that we should be doing."

"It will probably be the small detail stuff and that could make all the difference."

Taylor is also looking forward to working with a driver who the team knows for definite is capable of winning races. The Brazilian has won nine F1 grands prix.

"The other one big asset about having Rubens on board is that we know, given the right equipment, he's capable of winning races," Taylor added.

"Rubens is an established baseline and so it really puts the onus back on the team to deliver him the right kind of car."

Rubens Barrichello can expect something similar to the 'Spanish Inquisition' when he joins BAR, as the Honda-powered team is keen for him to divulge all Ferrari's Championship-winning secrets.

"No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

Maybe the information that Barrichello could give is more important for Honda than the Driver Himself ! :o

Yes. The information he divulges will help the team and himself, as he will help the team create a better car...a car which he of course uses.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is

suprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two

weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our

*three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an

almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no...

*Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as

fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

So you see, by announcing they intend to quiz Barichello, they lose fear and surprise.

Yes. The information he divulges will help the team and himself, as he will help the team create a better car...a car which he of course uses.

Yes but it will also help Jenson Button who is going to beat Rubens next year...

Yes but it will also help Jenson Button who is going to beat Rubens next year...

Rubens will put a spanking on the young Brit.

It will be one of Jenson's tougher battles in his career. I think JB will edge him, but it will be close.

Barricello holds the current record for races competed before winning - but as soon as jenson wins, jenson will then be the new record holder! barrichello started with jordan in 1993, and won his first race in 2000

Rubens did 104 races with Ferrari. BAR would be wise to get him to divulge a few secrets

I'm not too sure about that, Rubens completed 7 and a half seasons before winning, Jenson has now completed 6. Basically, it is possible the Barichello could still become a world champion, and he has never been written off as such (at without Schumacher being his team mate). And he also had a Jordan and Stewart to deal with. He only won a race once he joined the world championship team. My point being, too much is being made of Jenson not having won a race yet. Rubens and Jenson are going to be quite closely matched, and if the Honda is the best team next year, either could be world champion, or at least win races. Previous wins are not as important as many here think!

Honda tried that already.....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, true!

They were even cr@p at cheating! :D:D:D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, true!

They were even cr@p at cheating! .

:lol: nice one!

Not likely. I see Jenson seeing off Barrichello but not as convincingly as he saw Villeneuve off.

I wasn't all that convinced by his performance against Villeneuve. The analysis I have done showed it to be a much closer battle, when reliability was taken into account, than the final points tally would suggest.

I wasn't all that convinced by his performance against Villeneuve. The analysis I have done showed it to be a much closer battle, when reliability was taken into account, than the final points tally would suggest.

Indeed. I think that