Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

Adelaide 1994.

Look at the above onboard links yourself, Jacques made an impossible pass when Schumacher had the corner. You don't just leave your opponents the option of the grass and down two positions or a crash with you. Jacques was inexperienced and unworthy that day and people still blame Michael today. Absolute rubbish and don't bother replying if you're old and your adore Senna.

Oh, I'll reply alright. We'll never know if JV would have made the corner because Michael took it upon himself to turn sharp right the moment Jaques was alongside. If you do not see that, then you are beyond any rational discussion on the subject. If you post a reply to this, please explain to me why, exactly, was Michael excluded from that seasons results?

Oh, I'll reply alright. We'll never know if JV would have made the corner because Michael took it upon himself to turn sharp right the moment Jaques was alongside. If you do not see that, then you are beyond any rational discussion on the subject. If you post a reply to this, please explain to me why, exactly, was Michael excluded from that seasons results?

It was a spar of the moment thing, if he never and slammed the brakes he would of stalled frantically as it was a title decider or run wide into the gravel trap so turning in was the only option because of a irrational move by Jacques. Yes I can't argue with the FIA but they have got so many things wrong before, they certainly got that wrong.

You obviously exist in some sort of parallel universe, Schumi13. Jerez was not Michael's fault?????? :blink: Are you completely mad? Reasoned argument appears to be rather lacking in your posts, instead showing a blind loyalty to Herr Schumacher..

[quote name='Wez' post='83802' date='Nov 15 2005, 01:45 AM']Yes, Obviously someone should write an article since you lot were obviously too young to be watching F1 at the time.
Prost deliberately took out Senna in 1989. The following year it was only fair that Senna returned the favour. Any driver in Senna's position in 1990 would have done the same... It wasn't cheating it was sweet revenge!

Schumacher in 1994 & 1997 was blatent cheating, not once but twice (please tell me you youngsters actually were watching F1 at this time at least).[/quote]

So what you are saying is that Schumi doing the same things less than a decade later is called cheating? Pah, he was doing the same things Senna was doing, so it appears. They didnt get knocked for cheating, Schumi does...

I was 6 in 1994.

It was a spar of the moment thing, if he never and slammed the brakes he would of stalled frantically as it was a title decider or run wide into the gravel trap so turning in was the only option because of a irrational move by Jacques. Yes I can't argue with the FIA but they have got so many things wrong before, they certainly got that wrong.

I assume you have the video. Watch Michael's steering input. Enough said.

either u have not looked at the videos or too naive to understand and analyse

and u would never know about senna and his "TOTAL WAR " so forget about 89

Indeed, thank you Narian Fan!

You cant argue with this guy... let him believe he's right since we all know he's talking cr@p!

You cant argue with this guy... let him believe he's right since we all know he's talking cr@p!

They didnt live those F1 seasons, they are not guilty of their ignorance

pitty tough

Whether Schumacher was right or wrong in Adelaide, a true RACER would have made the same decision he did.... Everybody would love to win from pole by 2 laps every race,all season to be world drivers champion, but it doesnt happen like that....If all you dreamt about and worked for since your 1st go-kart race 20-odd years depended on one corner (AGP94) , there wouldnt be two options....

And Jerez was another situation where its easy to criticize Schumi....but I think any other driver on the grid would have done the same in the heat of battle....Lets face it, the spotlight has been on Schumacher since then and he has had the task of continuing to succeed to boot.....If any of you guys have driven in any type of motorsport, then surely you can see the value of his mentality when he races......

Yes, I believe a number of us have driven competitively but driving into a fellow competitor doesn't figure in my mentality. Is that why I never won anything? I don't think your argument holds water.

. Clearly we have to listen to the FIA but from onboard in Jerez, Michael had the corner and Jacques made a too oportunistic overtaking manourve which could have taken them both out.
that's the beauty of the move. Jacques knew he would probably have gone off, but Michael being the nut he was decided to drive into him instead of simply letting JV drive straight into the gravel. Michael panics in pressure situations and cracks. He cracked in '94, '97 and had a shocker at Suzuka in '03.

As for the Senna/Prost incident. Prost took Senna out in '89. Senna went on to win the race, but dirty politics robbed him of the win and title. In 1990, he won pole and wanted it on the clean side of the track, he won that right but was vetoed by the then FIA President Jean-Marie Balestre, a Frenchman. So Senna took Prost out. Do I agree with what he did? No. Do I understand his motives? Yes, and I probably would have done the same thing had forces other than my talent, car or team be working to conspire my downfall.

You don't just leave your opponents the option of the grass and down two positions or a crash with you. Jacques was inexperienced and unworthy that day and people still blame Michael today.

You really should stop right there as you know little of what you are talking about. Jacques was a worthy champion and would have been a worthy race winner. Jacques relative inexperience to Michael should have worked in Michael's favour. Instead, it was JV who kept his head, and M$ who cracked. JV has gone on record saying he knew if he tried a move, M$ would try to take him out. Face it, Michael got caught out for the cheat he is that day, and it still irks you for whatever reason to this day. The only thing the FIA got wrong was Michael's punishment. They should have banned him for 3 races.

Yes, I believe a number of us have driven competitively but driving into a fellow competitor doesn't figure in my mentality. Is that why I never won anything? I don't think your argument holds water.

neither do I. Such a thing is blatantly dangerous, seeing as there are open wheelers. What would have happened had JV's front left run over M$' right rear? We could have had a severe accident.

I think it is complete ludacris that people on here think Senna doing exactly what you people think Michael did in 1994 and 1997 being unacceptable yet someone who isn't alive to defend himself doing what he did in those two years which were clearly both his faults is acceptable. There is a full analaysis from someone that actually watched those races and I believe that what they are saying is true. No I wasn't alive when it happened and I don't know why you can't understand that to the younger generation Michael Schumacher is the best ever driver. Just like in a few years someone else will be like Kimi or Fernando. And yes Michael Schumacher's move in Adelaide I say solely will haunt him later but Senna is not known as the best to me for not the reasons of his driving tactics, I have never seen him race live so therefore don't bother judging his capabilities regardless to what you lot say. I have see Michael Schumacher racing since 1998 to what I remember and also vividly remember other races from the '96 and '97 season but he totally dominated the sport from 2001-2004 except 2003 where he wasn't given such an easy ride. Now here is the link to above site that analysizes the events of Suzuka 1989 and 1990. They speak for themselves. Yes it may be biased after being written by an Alain Prost fan but maybe one of the Senna fans on here should then furthermore write an article about that race in responce to this one. http://www.alainprost.net/hk/specials/suzuka.htm

I think it is complete ludacris that people on here think Senna doing exactly what you people think Michael did in 1994 and 1997 being unacceptable yet someone who isn't alive to defend himself doing what he did in those two years which were clearly both his faults is acceptable. There is a full analaysis from someone that actually watched those races and I believe that what they are saying is true. No I wasn't alive when it happened and I don't know why you can't understand that to the younger generation Michael Schumacher is the best ever driver. Just like in a few years someone else will be like Kimi or Fernando. And yes Michael Schumacher's move in Adelaide I say solely will haunt him later but Senna is not known as the best to me for not the reasons of his driving tactics, I have never seen him race live so therefore don't bother judging his capabilities regardless to what you lot say. I have see Michael Schumacher racing since 1998 to what I remember and also vividly remember other races from the '96 and '97 season but he totally dominated the sport from 2001-2004 except 2003 where he wasn't given such an easy ride. Now here is the link to above site that analysizes the events of Suzuka 1989 and 1990. They speak for themselves. Yes it may be biased after being written by an Alain Prost fan but maybe one of the Senna fans on here should then furthermore write an article about that race in responce to this one. http://www.alainprost.net/hk/specials/suzuka.htm

u should be banned for saying this.......

@$*#***,the link is not working

I have no idea why it isn't working. Try and copy this into your browser: http://www.alainprost.net/hk/specials/suzuka.htm

strangely started working now,and i would like to mention that it is the most biased article i have ever read

strangely after a second look ,it is not the most biased ,i feel......................

u should be banned for saying this.......

I don't know what you find so bad about my point of view. If I do get banned, what would it exactly be for.... and if anyone else thinks this i'd really leave this forum because my main aim was for this not to happen.

I don't know what you find so bad about my point of view. If I do get banned, what would it exactly be for.... and if anyone else thinks this i'd really leave this forum because my main aim was for this not to happen.

i should have known,13 oops 14 year olds do not have a good sense of humour

i should have known,13 oops 14 year olds do not have a good sense of humour

My remarks weren't actually meant to be funny or humourous or even sarcastic. This is what I think and I don't know if you lot can't handle three things called logic, common sense and the truth. May I add on to what the 1996 FIA Formula World Champion Damon Hill said about his ex 1994 team mate by referring you to the bottom of the homepage on the above link. (The second one as the first doesn't work)

the link works fine

Damon Hill (1996 World Champion, Ayrton Senna's last teammate) on Senna's fatal accident and manslaughter charge against Williams:

"I am convinced that he (Senna) made a mistake, but many people will never believe that he could. Why not? He made many mistakes in his career.

"He was identified with pushing to the limit and beyond. He would often prefer to crash into his opponent rather than be defeated." (See picture.)

"These opinions are sacrilege in the world of driving gods. Ayrton was a great driver and a man with enormous humanity. He was not a god. He was as frail and vulnerable as you or I to the need to show what we are made of, and to whatever personal motives drove him to feel that risking his life was proof of his integrity.

"It was not the fault of anyone else that he kept his foot flat when he could have lifted, but Ayrton had to be this demigod "Senna", and "Senna" does not shrink from fear. And in that moment he fulfilled all our sorry needs for a hero for whom death is just an occupational hazard."

My remarks weren't actually meant to be funny or humourous or even sarcastic

my(on u being banned ) were

I am familiar with that article. It was in The Times (the paper I read) a few years ago. It is true that Senna made several mistakes in his career but he did not make a mistake on Sunday 1st of May 1994. Here is a video of the accident:

The accident video

As you can see, Senna

There are a great many theories on the matter and many popularised theories are groundless.

Wich is YOUR theory?

I do not know about Senna (the poster), but i am a believer in there being debris on the track, that got lodged under the car, causing it to bottom out, and become uncontrollable.

schumi13, that link if from a Prost fan site, it is one of the most biased things I've ever seen. Why are we defending Senna and not Michael? Senna had the argument of provocation in his corner, and rightly so considering his account of events and in books. Michael was not hit by Damon or Jacques prior to their title deciders.

On the Senna incident, I think that it was a combination of that debris Sato talks about, and low tyre pressures due to the slow safety car.