Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

Alonso The Next Schumi - Briatore

Alonso the next Schumi - Briatore

BBC

_41025392_briatore_203.jpg

Alonso and Briatore aim to continue their winning partnership in 2006

Renault boss Flavio Briatore has tipped world champion Fernando Alonso to match Michael Schumacher's unprecedented achievements in Formula One.

The Italian guided the seven-time world champion to his first title at Benetton and has now watched Alonso do likewise.

"There is a great chance for Fernando to become a new Schumacher, and perhaps surpass him one day," said Briatore.

"But it is easier to become champion than to stay champion and helping Fernando to do that is our challenge."

There is only one secret - working very, very hard

Fernando Alonso

Alonso is also remaining cautious about his chances ahead of the new season which opens in Bahrain on 12 March.

The 24-year-old Spaniard has already joined Schumacher in the history books as the youngest F1 champion and the first to come from Spain.

But despite finally fulfilling his potential in record-breaking style, the Spaniard insists he still has a lot to learn next season.

"I am always learning, as soon as I get in the car," said Alonso.

"Tyres, chassis, engine, there's always something to learn and analyse.

"We all start on a level playing field. I hope we can make a perfect preparation, and maybe do it again.

"There is only one secret - working very, very hard."

Not much of an Alonso fan, but he did good. Not sure if he's the next Schumi though...

Great car last years Renault. Saying that, Flav probably used his sweat as ballast.

(Yes - sarcasm. Nothing to be taken seriously, Lol!!!)

Flavio does seem to sweat profusely on the pit wall doing very little physical activity. He often looks worse than Alonso does after a full Grand Prix distance!

Flavio does seem to sweat profusely on the pit wall doing very little physical activity. He often looks worse than Alonso does after a full Grand Prix distance!

I think Alonso could be the next schumi because he knows every trick in the book and plays the long game.

Not takeing away from this year a wonderfull achievement :thbup:

I think Alonso could be the next schumi because he knows every trick in the book and plays the long game.

Not takeing away from this year a wonderfull achievement :thbup:

What!! are all of you daft???

He'll be lucky to win more than 20 races......................

I would rather Alonso be the next Senna!

He wont be the next anyone, he is just himself. Anyway this "next schumacher" stuff is far more stupid than anything nick fry has ever said

indeed, alonso is alonso, and i highly doubt he can match schumi's record, infact i think he wont for certain! him and kimi and prob JB and maybe (too early to say) little nico will be sharing the wins and championships in the years to come!

Very much too early to say nico will be winning anything! Jensons capable if Honda can produce a good car. Kimi will keep winning, and Alonso will win as long as whoever is faster than him retires from the race :D

Very much too early to say nico will be winning anything! Jensons capable if Honda can produce a good car. Kimi will keep winning, and Alonso will win as long as whoever is faster than him retires from the race :D

you mean like Hungary 03, Barhain 05, Malasia 05, France 05 and China 05?

well maybe apart from those ones. Although in malaysia and bahrain 05 he was lucky that the renault problems happened to fisi's car, not his!

He didnt mention imola cos he knows full well that alonso only won cos raikkonen broke down whilst way out in the lead!

He didnt mention imola cos he knows full well that alonso only won cos raikkonen broke down whilst way out in the lead!

Arent you tired of being crying?, come on, turn the page...next year could be...

young man, let me put what you wrote down-

and Alonso will win as long as whoever is faster than him retires from the race

and lo and behold he has won several races from start to ending, some of them completely dominating all the other cars. If you are going to argue at least stick to facts, and not make-believe numbers or quotes, which are just opinions.

I am not one of the crowd that says Alonso is the next Schumi. Alonso will be Alonso and Schumi is Schumi. But your obvious hatred of Alonso doesn

Alonso the next Schumacher? Bollocks. He can only ever be Alonso.

Good man! Well said.

Alonso the next Schumacher? Bollocks. He can only ever be Alonso.

But Alonso could set a new benchmark

Alonso & Kimi treated us to spectacular racing. Alonso has the requsite intelligence to win another WDC. Kimi was very unfortunate and reliability cost him his chance. I hope Both Renault and Maclaren can build the fantastic cars they had and keep the standards high next season. Ferrari have to rediscover their form and then we can have a three way battle to the wire - that would be sheer magic and for once I would not care who won as long as they give us wheel to wheel racing!

I would rather Alonso be the next Senna!

No one will ever be the next Senna. Senna was a rare breed of a racer... We'll probably never see the like of him again.

I am not one of the crowd that says Alonso is the next Schumi. Alonso will be Alonso and Schumi is Schumi.

well said foxtrot.

Fine! Alonso can be the next schumi BUT Kimi will be greater!

Alonso & Kimi treated us to spectacular racing. Alonso has the requsite intelligence to win another WDC. Kimi was very unfortunate and reliability cost him his chance. I hope Both Renault and Maclaren can build the fantastic cars they had and keep the standards high next season. Ferrari have to rediscover their form and then we can have a three way battle to the wire - that would be sheer magic and for once I would not care who won as long as they give us wheel to wheel racing!

You lie!!! (about not caring who won)