Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xenna

Moty Awards

Ah, come on.

Alonso has had his well deserved recognition and BLAH BLAH YADA!

Kimi had the people's choice!

the english people choice. Anyway good for you folks, whatever floats your boat and makes you happy. Meanwhile I am going to read on F1.com hall of fame the history of WDCs, specially FA. Hey perhaps they also have a story of

For me, it was a horrible year. I sat on my chair after the last race and couldn't beleive we didn't win a single throphy. Went to mclaren.com a couple of days later to consol myself then i saw 10/19wins, and other facts about the season. These things happen. its life. we just work harder next time to have a better result. I hope next year will be ours and we'll see the full benefit of the new Technology centre. But thanks to Mclaren as they have been a great great competitor so on behalf of kiko, wez, me and the rest, this is for TEAM MCLAREN MERCEDES :clap3:

Indeed, both MClaren and Renault put on a great show this year specially after the snorefest that was

Thats nice. Whatever floats your boat too.... I'm sure you'd like to read about whatever move Flavio made on Fernie this weekend.

Any ferrari fans in the forum. They've been quiet lately. and Buttons and the villeneuves and the williams. It must be bad if ur team or driver have not done well.

Here, ive not been on so much, but when i have been on ive been very argumentative as always! I havnt bee drunk on here for ages, ahh well, i shall soon no doubnt around xmas!

Here, ive not been on so much, but when i have been on ive been very argumentative as always! I havnt bee drunk on here for ages, ahh well, i shall soon no doubnt around xmas!

Tis the season to be jolly...

Indeed, both MClaren and Renault put on a great show this year specially after the snorefest that was

START OF THE YEAR.............DAVID COULTHARD @EUROPEAN GP
mine would be

Mine would be

This appears to be the one thing everyone can agrre on. I dont remember the particular start from DC. I know he had a great season in terms of starts, he often started 12th of the grid and at the end of the first lap he was in 8th position. Does anyone remember why DC's European GP start warrented winning this award.

I happen to agree with most of the awards but they should have added two more catogorize to the list and they would have been:

IDIOT OF THE YEAR: MONTOYA

LUCKIEST DRIVER OF THE YEAR: ALONSO (and would have won that by a big lead)

I happen to agree with most of the awards but they should have added two more catogorize to the list and they would have been:

IDIOT: Lots of fans imo.

Luckiest: KR, no question about that in my eyes. Ponder why yourself.

You wouldn

Before you make such a stupid comment perhaps you should get your facts straight. F1 racing is worldwide, goes out to something like 40-50 different countries, so its not just voted for by english people. British only make up about 5-10% of the entire vote. You're in a minority of people who believe alonso was the driver of the year

I'm talking about F1 Racing magazine, which conducted the moty awards

What? I don

I've been sucscribed to f1 racing since 1998 - trust me, its a worldwide magazine, french vote, germans vote, everyone votes. So this silly idea of english voting for kimi just cos he drives for mclaren is NOT TRUE!! Even if it was just british magazine, very very few people would vote for kimi purely cos he drives for mclaren

I dont know about the statistics and that lot. But i presume F1 more common in Britain than any other country. Maybe germany as well.

The Renault is a british built car. just adopted the french nationality. We know more about Formula1, watch more, sleep, drink formula1 :D half of the teams are based in Britain so if we voted for Alonso, i think we know more. hence justified. :rolleyes:

And by the way, I dont think mclaren have that many british supporters.

Exactly. The guy's argument is extremely weak and unjustified. I can easily say he only likes alonso cos he's spanish, and its not like spain very often has decent sportspeople to cheer on

I've been sucscribed to f1 racing since 1998 - trust me, its a worldwide magazine, french vote, germans vote, everyone votes. So this silly idea of english voting for kimi just cos he drives for mclaren is NOT TRUE!! Even if it was just british magazine, very very few people would vote for kimi purely cos he drives for mclaren

I know F1Racing is a world wide magazine, i used to read the english version but now there

But I'll always remember how it was won! Think about it, if Alonso really deserved the ch'ship, there wouldnt be a debate about it would there, and its not just on here, on itv-f1.com posted their views and it was about 50/50, plenty of fans from around the world feel the same as me

Exactly. The guy's argument is extremely weak and unjustified. I can easily say he only likes alonso cos he's spanish, and its not like spain very often has decent sportspeople to cheer on

Oh, this is getting interesting... So my argument is weak? Funny coming from both of you :clap3: Spain has no decent sportpeople to cheer on? Alonso and Nadal are probably two of the sport icons of the planet and both are spanish but there

Nadal and Raul are good - the others are just average. I cant believe you think I sound like an idiot, when you're the one saying that the moty awards are voted for by english people, and thats why kimi won driver of the year. Seeing as thats absolute nonsense, your argument is therefore weak as you don't know what you're talking about

oh and carlos sainz has retired by the way

Nadal and Raul are good - the others are just average. I cant believe you think I sound like an idiot, when you're the one saying that the moty awards are voted for by english people, and thats why kimi won driver of the year. Seeing as thats absolute nonsense, your argument is therefore weak as you don't know what you're talking about

oh and carlos sainz has retired by the way

Oscar Freire is a three times cycling world champion (as many times as Merckx at the age of 29, how many times does he have to win so as to be consider a good one? ) You should read what i write carefully, i have said that most of the voters are british so you can

kiko I just checked www.f1racing.co.uk. The mag goes out to 110 countries and has over 3 million readers. Therefore your ridiculous theory of over 50% of the voters being english is truly dog-poo, can you see that now? Time to come back to earth from your dream-land! Alonso may be techically champion but Kimi was the driver of the year (in most people's opinion!)

kiko I just checked www.f1racing.co.uk. The mag goes out to 110 countries and has over 3 million readers. Therefore your ridiculous theory of over 50% of the voters being english is truly dog-poo, can you see that now? Time to come back to earth from your dream-land! Alonso may be techically champion but Kimi was the driver of the year (in most people's opinion!)

I dont care what the votes said.

Alonso is deserving champion after being the best driver throughout the season & at the end of the day all that will remain in the F1 history books in 20 years time is this:

2005 World drivers champion - Fernando Alonso (Renault)

I dont care what the votes said.

Alonso is deserving champion after being the best driver throughout the season & at the end of the day all that will remain in the F1 history books in 20 years time is this:

2005 World drivers champion - Fernando Alonso (Renault)

Yes its a shame but I guess thats Formula 1, I just hope mercedes can build a reliable engine

The fact that the mag goes to 110 countries doesn