Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MannTecV10

Super Aguri Purchase 4 2002 Arrows....discuss!

Based at Arrows' old Leafield HQ, it is now reported that the Japanese team has bought four 2002-spec 'A23' Arrows cars from Minardi boss Paul Stoddart.

Because it does not have time to built an unique car, and FIA regulations forbid the use of BAR-Honda's '007' challenger, Suzuki's latest plan could put a four-year-old chassis on the 2006 F1 grid.

Arrows' '02 car was designed by the highly rated Mike Coughlan, who moved to McLaren when Tom Walkinshaw's British based F1 team collapsed.

Stoddart bought the orange cars at auction and re-painted them black in 2003, but conducted back-to-back tests and decided that the A23 was not significantly faster than the 2003 Minardi model.

Oh crumbs..... The Arrows A23 was a good car back in 2002 and had it had a better engine could have been a regular points finisher. It is also my car of choice when i play F1 Challenge 2002! (Where's the fun raceing as Ferrari?) But ignoring the fact it doesn't meet the 2005/2006 aerospec's, is this a sensible move? Is it SA's only option, especially as they no doubt still have access to the parts moulds etc.

I have a feeling they are using the A23 chassis and are going to rapidly develop aero parts to meet 2006 spec. This thing is going to back mark unless the Honda V8 is really, really special.

Why are they even bothering

That Arrows wasnt even good enough for Minardi. 4 years is a long time in formula 1 and that car will be 6 seconds of the pace of the front runners.

I always like the colour scheme of the Arrows cars. It was a sad day for formula 1 when they were forced to leave.

FRENTZEN_SPAIN_2002_01_REP.jpg

f1-2002-mon-bp-0215.jpg

This was a quote from Paul Stoddard back in 2003 when he bought the Arrows A23

"In many ways it was like looking through a dead relative's remaining possessions. The cars were in pristine condition, but you'd expect that. What got me was the manner in which ever individual nut and bolt had been bubble wrapped. You got the overwhelming impression that these items hadnt been cast aside but had been painstakingly looked after by the Arrows employees who thought they were going to go racing again. I truly felt a sense of loss"

the arrows was always aero-efficient but that's a pretty desparate move on sa's part. i suspect it's a worse-case scenario.

Midland will be happy.

Even before the start they have a team who could do a minardi. :D

Now Alex will go into deep slumber. Bye bye car developement.

the arrows was always aero-efficient but that's a pretty desparate move on sa's part. i suspect it's a worse-case scenario.

I think it's the A24 they're after. Never built, but rumoured to be a beauty.

+Arrows raced with crossworth FORD engines. Aguri will b havin HONDA engines...which definitely will be better than the crossworths!

i read some1 sayin that arrows were always aerodynamically efficient. if thats true then with BETTER ENGINES, better aerodynamics, +developing the arrows cars which they bought, they might beat midland!

or atleast do wat MINARDI did to Midland.

i have no idea abt which Engine will b better! :mellow:

Honda Engine on SUPER AGURI

or TOYOTA Engine on Midland!

If someone told me a week ago that we would be discussing how fast the Arrows A23 was/is i wouldnt have believed them. It was a sad site, the Arrows car going out onto the track for 1 lap then re-entering the pits for their last GP (they would have been fined if they didnt). At that stage everyone knew the Arrows team was bankrupt but i was really hopeing that some billionaire would buy the team so it could continue running, unfortantly it never happened and Arrows became another team to fall because of the massive expense required to run an F1 team.

i see. now i really want to see it.

I don't want to see any team fail. No doubt some will, through their own incompetence, but I'd rather that didn't happen.

well yes of course, but their failure is inevitable so all we can do is laugh and mock midland and super aguri f1!

Even though i was not watchin F1 in the days of arrows, i have looked at different pictures and would have to agree with AR5. I kinda want SA to get a team together, more teams means more interesting and more fun

:D They have to start somewhere, change a few aero bits here and there you never know........

:clap3::clap3::clap3:

Yay, now lets hope the midland mf1 or whatever it is now will be utter crap too! Then we can watch with great pleasure them failing!

:cheers:

The Arrows A23 was a amazing looking car in my opinion. I loved its look.

This is the car:

Williamsa.jpg

Explain.

Its confusing...somebody is talking about the Arrows and you put a Williams pic, I know that you ment to say that the Williams "was the best looking thing" not the Arrows...but its confusing at first glimpse.

Its confusing...somebody is talking about the Arrows and you put a Williams pic, I know that you ment to say that the Williams "was the best looking thing" not the Arrows...but its confusing at first glimpse.

I was just showing him a