Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Dtm Vs Nascar Vs V8 Supercars

do u want me to say v8 supercars??

I personally dont mind what you say, i just want to compare all 3 series and see which is more competitive, what are the differences betwwen the series, which series is most competitive and which series has the best tracks.

I personally dont mind what you say, i just want to compare all 3 series and see which is more competitive, what are the differences betwwen the series, which series is most competitive and which series has the best tracks.
in that case u have pretty much got ur answer already

explain

Im trying to trigger discussion and all im getting is short answers. I personally like all 3 series, i prefer V8 supercars but that might be because im Australian but it might also be because it has every competitive racing and is always very close. We are up to the last round in the V8's and 3 drivers can all win the championship.

I like DTM and V8s, but not NASCAR. The DTM is more technology driven, and the Oz racers are more closely related to road cars, which appeals. The drawback with the Oz series is that I think there are only 2 manufacturers - Ford and Holden.

pump is not going to like this ,he may well lock this thread

:lol::lol: Hope not. I may embarrass myself again!

I just think that NASCAR vehicles are rather agricultural. That and the fact that I don't like oval racing.

:lol::lol: Hope not. I may embarrass myself again!

I just think that NASCAR vehicles are rather agricultural. That and the fact that I don't like oval racing.

I have watch 1 race of NASCAR before, it looked OK but only in very small amounts. There is a limit to how long you can watch cars go around in one big circle. Also another thing about NASCAR is that they have the most ugly cars on the planet which really shouldnt effect if you enjoy it or not but for me it does.

These are the specs for the Ford BA Falcon

General specifications

Record last updated - Before 12 / 01 / 2004

Country of origin - Australia

Produced in - 2003

Numbers built - N/A

Body design - N/A

Weight - 1350 kilo / 2976.2 lbs

Drivetrain

Engine - Windsor V 8

Engine Location - Front , longitudinally mounted

Displacement - 5.000 liter / 305.1 cu in

Valvetrain - 2 valves / cylinder, OHV

Fuel feed - MoTeC Fuel injection

Aspiration - Naturally Aspirated

Gearbox - Hollinger 6 speed Manual

Drive - Rear wheel drive

Performance figures

Power - 620 bhp / 463 KW @ 7500 rpm

Torque - 623 Nm / 460 ft lbs @ 5500 rpm

BHP/Liter - 124 bhp / liter

Power to weight ratio - 0.46 bhp / kg

Top Speed - 302 km/h / 188 mph

0-60 mph Acceleration - 4.0 seconds

fordfalcon1024.jpg

Thanks for the stats, mate.

We used to have a similar series in the UK called Thundersaloons. I believe there was a lot of GM Australia input in that.

Thanks for the stats, mate.

We used to have a similar series in the UK called Thundersaloons. I believe there was a lot of GM Australia input in that.

How successful was it. The amazing thing about V8 Supercars is the competitiveness. I think between 1st place and 32nd place is about 1.5 seconds per lap and nearly 20 cars are all capable of winning races. How competitive is DTM and NASCAR?

The link doesn't work atm. I'll try later. Thundersaloons was never much more than glorified club racing over here. Shame.

pump is not going to like this ,he may well lock this thread

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg. trying to explane NASCAR to people with their minds against it is a waste of time...............