Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Dtm Vs Nascar Vs V8 Supercars

Yes, I bet that driver felt dizzy after that! Spa 98 was the daddy of all crashes. Thankfully, no one was hurt.

It was amazing that he got out and was unhurt. But what the commentators foud amazing is how about 15 drivers all stopped their cars on the side of the track, rushed out and tried to pull Lowdes from that wreckage. That would never happen in F1. They would never risk their race to help someone who may have been injured, thats a pitty really.

It was amazing that he got out and was unhurt. But what the commentators foud amazing is how about 15 drivers all stopped their cars on the side of the track, rushed out and tried to pull Lowdes from that wreckage. That would never happen in F1. They would never risk their race to help someone who may have been injured, thats a pitty really.

there were F1 drivers in the '70's and earlier that got out of their cars to help.............

You guys don't like NASCAR Nextel Cup cars?

I think they are things of beauty! So are F1 cars! So are Champ Cars! So are Rally Cars! They are all beautiful! Just very different...

This is what the current Nextel Cup champ's cars looked like.

:eusa_think: Hey "smoke" by any chance are you a Tony Stewart fan?? :D

NASCAR sucks, no time to watch cars go round in an oval for hours! YAWN!

V8 supercxars, ive not ever seen much of, so cant really comment, but it looks good

DTM i find very good, and the audi's are very hot! lol! I love audi's, i live in an audi family, lol! Mum with an a2, step dad with an a6 and old rally quattro thing!

The drawback with the Oz series is that I think there are only 2 manufacturers - Ford and Holden.

Yep that's it, but that's what draws the crowds here. It makes the series unique because of this. The level of competition in V8's is very high, it has some brilliant tracks (Bathurst, Phillip Island) and the drivers are of a high class.

V8 Supercars get my vote.

I've seen limited amounts of DTM and NASCAR, but from what I have seen, I'm not a major fan of either.

NASCAR sucks, no time to watch cars go round in an oval for hours! YAWN!

V8 supercxars, ive not ever seen much of, so cant really comment, but it looks good

DTM i find very good, and the audi's are very hot! lol! I love audi's, i live in an audi family, lol! Mum with an a2, step dad with an a6 and old rally quattro thing!

http://rapidshare.de/files/8197747/bb22-20...s_Laps.wmv.html

Watch this video from NASCAR and tell me it isnt boring.

DTM - the fastest touring car championship in the world. Very fan driven, very clean, few dirty tactics, always developing, has gary paffett, great tracks (zandvoort and the norisring to name but 2), great cars, just a-m-a-z-i-n-g!

DTM - the fastest touring car championship in the world. Very fan driven, very clean, few dirty tactics, always developing, has gary paffett, great tracks (zandvoort and the norisring to name but 2), great cars, just a-m-a-z-i-n-g!

Im not totally certain about the other things but from what ive heard V8 Supercars are faster in a straight line than DTM, reaching over 302 km. I also know that DTM cars handle slightly better around the corners than a V8 Supercar.

:D Watched a V-8 race from N. Z. last night on speed--ok---

What did you think of it?

It's a lot like watching a Trans-Am race, if they were in town I'd go watch.............

It's a lot like watching a Trans-Am race, if they were in town I'd go watch.............

Well they went to the Shanghai International Circuit in China this year so you never know. In a few years they may try to break into other countries.

PS whats a Trans-Am race?

Well they went to the Shanghai International Circuit in China this year so you never know. In a few years they may try to break into other countries.

PS whats a Trans-Am race?

The American version of super cars, been around for years 20 or so at least. I take that back it first raced in the late '60's Cameros, Mustangs etc.

from what I've heard and read, dtm is the fastest touring car championship in the world.

I think the DTM engine is considerably smaller than the V8 Supercar. The V8 supercar has a 5.7 Litre V8 engine which can go 0-100 km in 4.0 seconds.

they're going to Bahrain next year.

DTM - 0-100km/ph 3.8 seconds

189mph top speed, electronically limited. dunno what that is in kmph

dtm engines are smaller, but they have a hell of a lot of horses.

+ Mika, HHF, McNish, Alesi etc.

who cares about those when you have people like bernd schneider, gary p and mattias ekstrom?!

:eusa_think: Age vs youth, some of us old timers like watching the vets........

:eusa_think: Age vs youth, some of us old timers like watching the vets........

Indeed. It was better in my day

schneider and kristensen are hardly youthful rookies...

Don't get me wrong, I like mika and HHF (don't care for mcnish and alesi) but there are better people in the dtm and people who haven't achieved dtm fame through their time in formula 1