Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

narain fan

Button Gifts Barrichello No 11

Barrichello gets his lucky number 11

Button provides 'welcome gift' to Barrichello

Button happy to take the number 12 in 2006

The team's 2006 driver line-up of Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello promises to be one of the most competitive driver pairings on the race track in 2006. Less so 'off'-track, it seems, after Button offered to sacrifice his claim on the lead entry number in the team, in deference to his new team-mate's lucky number.

The allocated driver numbers – 11 and 12 – reflect the team's position in the 2005 Constructors' Championship. Although Jenson and Rubens will have equal status and equipment, as the incumbent driver in the team, the British racer was at liberty to continue with the lead number for the coming season.

Button learned that Barrichello achieved his first race win as the number 11 driver, that all of his karting titles were achieved as #11 and that he won his first race in the Formula Ford Championship sporting what is now his lucky number. With that in mind, he offered Barrichello his entry number and will now compete with driver entry number 12.

"I have no particular affinity with any number – other than 1 of course, which I hope to race with enormous pride when I achieve my goal of winning the World Championship," Button stated today. "In the meantime, I know how special the number 11 has been to Rubens in his past career and I thought it would be nice to make the gesture."

"We'll have plenty to be competing for 'on'- track next season. We're good friends already and we're both looking forward to being team-mates. I just hope number 11 isn't too lucky for Rubens next year!"

Knowing the FIA, they'll come back with this response.

"JENSON BUTTON FOUND USING THE NUMBER 2 AS BALLAST".

"Yeah, Rubinho can have all the good luck he wants as long as I get the car with the hidden fuel tanks" says JB to NF.

"Yeah, Rubinho can have all the good luck he wants as long as I get the car with the hidden fuel tanks" says JB to NF.

Nick and Gil worship Jenson.

:lol::lol::lol:

Nick and Gil worship Jenson

for reasons that seem to not be obvious to anybody except for themselves.

ehehehe, I thought the only way to have an affinity to a number is to have previously a. earnt it or b. been successful with it. From my recollection JB is neither with the number 1.

:lol:

for reasons that seem to not be obvious to anybody except for themselves.

:lol:

"I have no particular affinity with any number

leave Button alone! Christ he does something nice and you buggers still lay into him!

gift a number is no nice...winning is...I hope next year he could win at least one...

gift a number is no nice...winning is...I hope next year he could win at least one...

Don't hold your breathe. I'm not expecting much more from Honda, perhaps 2004-like performance at best, and you have to imagine Button's chances are reduced greatly by Barrichello's presence, perhaps by 50% or more.

Don't hold your breathe. I'm not expecting much more from Honda, perhaps 2004-like performance at best, and you have to imagine Button's chances are reduced greatly by Barrichello's presence, perhaps by 50% or more.

Completly agree with you...

I disagree. Whilst Barrichello is an excellent driver, I think alot more of the pressure is on him than it is of Button to win a race.

Barrichello and his fans will no longer be able to use Michael Schumacher to his defence if he underperforms. If Button beats him then Rubens will have alot to explain than he ever has before.

In my opinion having Barrichello in the team increases Button's chances as there will be more input from BOTH drivers which has been lacking in previous seasons.

leave Button alone! Christ he does something nice and you buggers still lay into him!

Yes. Jenson is a nice guy. This is obvious. Its evident on the grid walk, it is evident in the fact that he did commentary and this is yet further confirmation.

I disagree. Whilst Barrichello is an excellent driver, I think alot more of the pressure is on him than it is of Button to win a race.

Barrichello and his fans will no longer be able to use Michael Schumacher to his defence if he underperforms. If Button beats him then Rubens will have alot to explain than he ever has before.

In my opinion having Barrichello in the team increases Button's chances as there will be more input from BOTH drivers which has been lacking in previous seasons.

And what pray tell will you say when Rubens spanks the young Brits behind???

"I have no particular affinity with any number

barrichello has won races button has not so the pressure is clearly on button to prove he can win. the team is also strructured around him so he is expected to deliver the first win for the team.

yeah, he did make a nice gesture, then he goes and makes a tool of himself (yet again this year) with that quote about having an affinity with the number 1.

Sigh, all Button really said that as long his car number is not 1 he has no problems giving away. You guys are just nitpicking to go after him. Shame on you!

I just realised, DC is going to have a bad year, he is car number 13. Thirteen is the most unluckey number in the world.

DC will have car no.14. F1 doesn't use the no.13.