Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

What Chassis Will Str Use

Does anyone know what chassis Scuderia Toro Rosso will be using next season. In testing they were using the RB1 but i thought they wernt allowed to use another teams car even in testing. I thought that STR will be using the Minardi chassis but maybe they have found a way to run thr RB1 instead. One things for sure, i bet the STR crew are having a great time looking and working on the RB1, a car which is at least 2 seconds a lap faster than the car they were working on just afew weeks ago.

Last I heard, they will use the PS05 with the rev limited V10 Cosworth. They may incorporate some aspects of the RB1 into the PS05 in order to try and make it more competitive come Bahrain.

Last I heard, they will use the PS05 with the rev limited V10 Cosworth. They may incorporate some aspects of the RB1 into the PS05 in order to try and make it more competitive come Bahrain.

I still find it odd that they would even be allowed to test another teams car.

I found this

(GMM) 'Scuderia Toro Rosso' confirmed that it kicked off winter testing on Tuesday with last season's Red Bull car.

The Red Bull-owned team, acquired from former Minardi owner Paul Stoddart this year, led some observers to recall a clause in the Concorde Agreement that forbids a team from racing the car of a current competitor.

Indeed, the same clause moved 'Super Aguri' to scrap plans to use BAR's 2005 car next year, and is instead looking into running Arrows' 2002 'A23'.

A 'STR' statement said the Faenza based ex-Minardi team - wearing a dark blue and gold livery with Vitantonio Liuzzi at the wheel - begin 'to develop its technology' with the RB1.

''The test gave the team its first chance to experiment with the technical set up of the current RB1 and observe how it handled on the track,'' it read.

The description hints that the first Toro Rosso will be a development of the Red Bull, rather than Minardi, racer.

The statement also insisted that the 2006 Scuderia Toro Rosso car 'is yet to be revealed'.

Scott Speed will drive on Thursday.

What this means exactly is still unknown.