Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Wurz To Drive For Bmw Sauber

Wurz in BMW box seat - 30 November 2005

It seems that Alex Wurz has found himself in pole position to land the second BMW race seat next to Nick Heidfeld.

The all German-language lineup is the brainchild of Dr Mario Theissen, who will be named as the Munich based carmaker's F1 boss for the acquired and renamed Sauber team.

Wurz, 31 - McLaren's long time primary test driver - told German publication Sport1 at the Barcelona test that he does not want to comment on the talks 'at this time'.

But Mercedes' competition chief Norbert Haug seemed to be preparing himself for the loss of the talented Austrian.

'If Alex should receive an attractive offer to race in F1 in 2006,' the German said, 'then we will find a solution.'

Waidhofen-born Alexander Wurz is regarded as one of the most intelligent F1 drivers and, due to his test and development skills, is well paid by Ron Dennis' Woking team.

The only real hurdle to his BMW appointment, then, is the existence of Jacques Villeneuve's contract. It is reported that, while the Canadian's 2006 salary is due to be around $3 million, termination of the Sauber deal would cost BMW about $10m.

I find the story believable and likely

I have no doubt Wurz is fast, but I do remember him breaking a lot of Benettons in his racing days....

I have no doubt Wurz is fast, but I do remember him breaking a lot of Benettons in his racing days....

But the one race he has participated in earlier this year he performed well and scored some solid points. I believe that if Wurz would have scored more points than 60 (Montoya's score) if he was able to compete in as many races as Montoya did. Montoya is a over-rated driver in my opinion.

But the one race he has participated in earlier this year he performed well and scored some solid points. I believe that if Wurz would have scored more points than 60 (Montoya's score) if he was able to compete in as many races as Montoya did. Montoya is a over-rated driver in my opinion.

I strongly disagree. Montoya is way way better than most people here make out. And Wurz was never good. He raced for Benetton 1998-2000. During those 3 years he was destroyed by Fischella and just SLOW. I'm baffled as to why people reckon he's so good - he's not!! As for JV, I'm sure

I strongly disagree. Montoya is way way better than most people here make out. And Wurz was never good. He raced for Benetton 1998-2000. During those 3 years he was destroyed by Fischella and just SLOW. I'm baffled as to why people reckon he's so good - he's not!! As for JV, I'm sure

It doesnt make sense. Wurz is going to be a flop (I believe). He's had 1 race since his very average performances at Benetton, where he was eventually dumped. Theres no basis on which to assume that Wurz will be any better than JV. If its a German-speaking thing then thats just ridiculous. With Thiessen as boss BMW Sauber are never going to do well

You are right, but he gained lot of experience in McLaren. And he was very impressive in Imola 2005.

I believe that if Wurz would have scored more points than 60 (Montoya's score) if he was able to compete in as many races as Montoya did. Montoya is a over-rated driver in my opinion.

I agree with you, it seems very unlikely that any legitimate driver would have scored less points than Montoya.

I totally agree with you.

I think Gary Paffett on his way to become ome of the permanent test driver for Mercedes replacing Wurz.

JV not in action at Barcelona means he is sure not there for BMW this season.

I think Gary Paffett on his way to become ome of the permanent test driver for Mercedes replacing Wurz.

JV not in action at Barcelona means he is sure not there for BMW this season.

i would beg to differ on that,not being at barca perse does not mean not in action

example kimi,fa,gf....

though i would like to add that things are not looking that good for jv

I agree with you, it seems very unlikely that any legitimate driver would have scored less points than Montoya.

:)

You are not alone.

It doesnt make sense. Wurz is going to be a flop (I believe). He's had 1 race since his very average performances at Benetton, where he was eventually dumped. Theres no basis on which to assume that Wurz will be any better than JV. If its a German-speaking thing then thats just ridiculous. With Thiessen as boss BMW Sauber are never going to do well

I don