Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodders47

2003 what's your predictions

Ok the season is winding down , new drivers new teams ( apart from Ferrari) so who is predicting what !!! and like who will be chasing Ferrari next season !!!!!

Or will it be more of 2002 with all the promises etc etc CAN anyone overtake the FERRARI dominance ???

I some how believe it will not happen UNLESS they bring in the Horse Racing WEIGHT penalty !!! which would in my opinion destroy F1 completly

for MY opinion bring back SLICK tyres.... REDUCE the amount of aerodynamics on the car. REDUCE the computer control of the cars components, I.E telementry, traction control, and INTRODUCE a gear stick back into the equation, where it's up to the DRIVERS to select the gear they WANT not some computer or pit manager//// All this stuff will NEVER reach the average Joe Blow in his surburban car and as I understand it F 1 was originally formulated so that it would advance the normal DRIVERS car !!!!

In closing does anyone remember the Documentary " Gentleman Raise Your Skirts " ???????

I believe Ferrari will again be dominant, but I do feel that Williams, and McLaren (in that order) should be closer. I do though fear that that previous comment will end up being misguided.

Arrows WILL head to Melborne, but as soon as the planes hit the tarmac they will be refueled and return to Europe, still fully laden.

And in reference to your technical points, I agree with them, except the gear STICK, I like the paddles (both hands on the wheel, seems safer to me), but with a manual box, not semi-auto. No I haven't seen "Gentleman Raise Your Skirts".

I agree completely on slicks and less electronics, and it can well happen depending on the outcome of the next counsel meeting in December. Let's keep our fingers crossed.. :D

I do think Mclaren and Williams (in no particular order) will challenge Ferrari more next year, but am not sure if they will be able to beat the redmen. I think that a manual box with the paddles is a good idea, but I think the semi-auto box is a more reasonable resolution. You cant expect to make a step back to the 80's...

I havent seen the documentary, or maybe I have and just dont remember the title. What did it talk about?

Thay do still have the paddles, to override the auto, now don't they???

I assume the doco talked about the sliding skirt phenomenon of the late 70's-early 80's.

Yea they do have the paddles. Most drivers use them to downshift themselves, as to control the revs better. But I think full control would be better.

well Jen's and Nichos I must be showning my age :-)

The documentary of " Gentlreman Raise Your Skirts" was all about the removal of the ground effect that cars had in I think the late 80's where they employed "sliding Skirts" on the side pods of at least Formula Atlantic and I may stand to be corrected F1 at the time. The documentary was hosted by an aussie , name eludes me , but was very well done and in the light of what is happening in F1 today was enlightening :-)

Oh I do remember now! Yes I have seen that documentary before, the name completely passed my mind but do remember the show. It was, as you say, very well done. There was a documentary on modern F1 done about two years ago for the Discovery Channel, based on the Benetton F1 team. They went behind the scenes at the factory, a test track session, a race, wind tunnel testing, and about everything else an F1 team does. It was a long documentary, I think it was past 120 minutes, but extremely informative and well made.

Yip - can't say I've seen that documentary either. Sounds interesting though.

As for next year - I think Ferrari will probably still walk away with the championship again, but hopefully the Mac's & BM's will be a bit closer. They should be with the new points system etc.. but I'm also hoping they'll be closer technically. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Toyota or Renault spring a few suprprises next year.

I agree with daz, I think Toyota and Renault can impress, but I think even more likely to do so is Sauber once again. They have a good package coming together, and two very skilled German drivers!

The Benetton documentary I am talking about was from the Fisichella/Wurz partnership, I believe it was during the 2000 season.

Yeah I thought so, I heard that one was being made then.

I would love to see Sauber do well next year, I rate HHF and NH quite highly. And on a being-a-fan level I only rate MS and Alonso higher, (although I rate some the same as HHF and NH), so I hope Ferrari and Renault do well also. I do however hope Alonso significantly outscores Trulli, to show Renault they should have kept JB and turfed JT. I also hope FA outqualifies the renowned qualifier JT next year, in 2001 he put the Minardi on P18 many times during the season and P17 once (all with a 22 car grid). IMO he was the qualifier of 2001, but MS was awarded that due to his 11 Poles.