Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

admin

Villeneuve And Bmw Official...

This just in...

The attached press release was just sent out by BMW.

Jacques Villeneuve will line up for the BMW Sauber F1 Team.

Munich/Hinwil, 1st December 2005. It's now official: Jacques Villeneuve will line up alongside Nick Heidfeld for the BMW Sauber F1 Team in 2006.

As BMW Motorsport Director Mario Theissen explained: "We took a close look at Jacques' performance level at the end of last season. After an extremely tough first half of the year - which showed that even a former World Champion cannot come back after a period away and be competitive from day one - he got closer and closer to his team-mate over the second half of the season. We are in no doubt that Jacques will make the BMW Sauber F1 Team stronger."

"Between 1999 and 2004 I experienced first-hand the difficulties and complexities involved in setting up a new team," said Villeneuve, "but I've never been afraid of a challenge. Sauber was already a good team and now we also have the resources of BMW behind us. I will do everything I can to contribute to the success of the BMW Sauber F1 Team."

Now living in Villars, Switzerland's adopted son will start work for the new team in the first testing session in Jerez on 8th December.

Villeneuve was crowned Formula One World Champion faster than any other driver before or since after making his debut in the series. In 1996, his rookie year, the Canadian finished second in the overall standings behind his then Williams Renault team-mate Damon Hill. The following year, he fended off the challenge of Michael Schumacher to go one better and take the title for the same team.

On 22nd June 2005, BMW made public its commitment to head its own team in Formula One after taking a majority interest in the Sauber team from 2006. The signing of Nick Heidfeld was announced on 16th September, followed by confirmation of the official team name and the identity of key positions in the team - with Willy Rampf (Chassis/Hinwil) and Heinz Paschen (Powertrain/Munich) as Technical Directors - on 14th November. The partnership with PETRONAS was then finalised and announced on 24th November.

Testing with the Sauber C24B interim chassis (modified for the BMW P86 V8 engine) got underway on 28th November in Barcelona. At the same time, the development of the V8 engine and 2006 chassis has continued apace in Munich and Hinwil respectively.

Great news for all the JV fans, and F1 in general! It took them long enough, though.

Great news for all the JV fans, and F1 in general! It took them long enough, though.

:clap3::beer22::banana::waccoe1::victory::smoke:

YEAH!!!!!! :kicking:

vayathule pala vathanga :lol:

it means some thing good..........

BMW decision on JV was took along time ago but they took along to announce for their marketing issue, people wehret alking about BMW more then a 10 years togheter but anyway..

it's good news for F1 in general , and NH says that wins are to 2008 but i don't think so bmw next year gonna be more infront that themselves think , willt rampf is a good enginner and he knows once he have the budget even JV inpit now for sure in mid season bmw gonna be fighting for wins

good luck JV you desrve it

and for others eat you ****innnn words nowwwww , wurz, kovalanien wheldon all linked ehhhh asswholessss

Fully Agree. :thbup:

Welcome back! :D

Thank you very much. This is only a fleeting visit mind you, as soon as I heard of this wonderful news I thought I would make a brief appearance on here to comment on it, after this I shall probably disappear into the wilderness again...

Thank you very much. This is only a fleeting visit mind you, as soon as I heard of this wonderful news I thought I would make a brief appearance on here to comment on it, after this I shall probably disappear into the wilderness again...

Well don't stay away too long this time. Be well.

:clap3: Welcome CC :thbup:

I suppose all JVians can now go out and get soused, and for others their favorite whipping boy is back :D

Let the slagging begin......................

This is a great alleviating news report. :king:

Question is BMW that still has not acquired a test /Friday driver , talk of Wurz being in the running can make the BMW-Sauber F1 Team very solid through-out. B)

Exciting developments ahead for this team with great funding to work with and resources...

Why would Wurz want to be third driver at BMW Sauber? Unless he was guaranteed a race seat in 2007.

Why would Wurz want to be third driver at BMW Sauber? Unless he was guaranteed a race seat in 2007.

I don't get it either... Must be as you suggest, he'll be racing in 2007.

:clap3: Welcome CC :thbup:

I suppose all JVians can now go out and get soused, and for others their favorite whipping boy is back :D

Let the slagging begin......................

Indeed and a good time will be had by all I'm sure.

I suppose all JVians can now go out and get soused

You don't need to twist my arm Bruce, off to the bar with me, it's Thursday!

Good!!!!!! good news at all!

Congratulations Nojvnof1, I know you are pleased!

A JV fan lives a rollercoaster of a life! JV had a promising debut, then became world champion, starts a new team and struggles for a long time, gets a couple of podiums, is beaten by JB and is effectively sacked, makes a surprise return with Renault, signs for Sauber and has a poor season but improves progressively, Sauber is taken over by BMW and JV

A JV fan lives a rollercoaster of a life! JV had a promising debut, then became world champion, starts a new team and struggles for a long time, gets a couple of podiums, is beaten by JB and is effectively sacked, makes a surprise return with Renault, signs for Sauber and has a poor season but improves progressively, Sauber is taken over by BMW and JV

congrats jv fans, you have the confirmation you've been waiting all year for!