Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monza gorilla

2006 Entry List

Ha ha. Mild synaptic malfunction, there, I think. Just follow the link, old boy.

Ha ha. Mild synaptic malfunction, there, I think. Just follow the link, old boy.

:eusa_think:

Doesn't look like they made the cut... Smile, the F1 Gods have been merciful.

JV is also missing, although we now know that he will be racing.

Yes, I know the FIA have provisions for the late announcement of driver lineup but I doubt they allow teams to submit their documents late... Would seem contrary to how they normally conduct business.

For the hard of seeing, here's what I should have posted. Saves all that troublesome internet business.

MILD SEVEN RENAULT

1 Fernando ALONSO (E)

2 Giancarlo FISICHELLA (I)

McLAREN MERCEDES

3 Kimi RAIKKONEN (FIN)

4 Juan Pablo MONTOYA (CO)

SCUDERIA FERRARI

5 Michael SCHUMACHER (D)

6 Felipe MASSA (BR)

PANASONIC TOYOTA

7 Ralf SCHUMACHER (D)

8 Jarno TRULLI (I)

WILLIAMSF1 TEAM

9 Mark WEBBER (AUS)

10 Nico ROSBERG (D)

LUCKY STRIKE HONDA

11 Rubens BARRICHELLO (BR)

12 Jenson BUTTON (GB)

RED BULL RACING

14 David COULTHARD (GB)

15 TBA

BMW SAUBER

16 Nick HEIDFELD (D)

17 TBA

MF1 RACING

18 Tiago MONTEIRO (P)

19 Christijan ALBERS (NL)

SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO

20 TBA

21 TBA

Yes, I know the FIA have provisions for the late announcement of driver lineup but I doubt they allow teams to submit their documents late... Would seem contrary to how they normally conduct business.

I don't recall late entries in the past, either. Maybe it's the end of the line for Suzuki san.

More information we don't need but can't do without, from grandprix.com:

The FIA Formula 1 World Championship entry list does not include the new Super Aguri F1 team, which will come as a major blow to Honda, which had been hoping to get the team up-and-running in 2006.

The planned new team is coming together at Leafield with a staff of around 60 people working on the programme which, as we have already suggested, was going to start with the old 2002 Arrows chassis before building its own cars ready in time for the San Marino Grand Prix at Imola on April 23.

The problem appears to have come about because of the need to pay the FIA a bond of $48m. Our spies tell us that the money had not arrived in the time available and that means that the team is not on the list. There may be a procedure by which the team could be allowed to compete if the other 10 teams agree to sign to let another competitor join in but it is hard to imagine why the teams at the back of the grid would agree to such a thing as they would be creating a rod with which to beat themselves.

The only comparable case was back in 1993 when Williams did not appear on the entry list despite being World Champions. This was the result of the team missing the deadline for its application to the World Championship by one day. This forced Williams to try to get all the other teams to agree to let the team compete. Benetton and Minardi refuse to sign but eventually a compromise was found.

The only comparable case was back in 1993 when Williams did not appear on the entry list despite being World Champions. This was the result of the team missing the deadline for its application to the World Championship by one day. This forced Williams to try to get all the other teams to agree to let the team compete. Benetton and Minardi refuse to sign but eventually a compromise was found.

The teams aren't very good at reaching compromise solutions... I don't think we'll be seeing Suzuki on the grid next year but what does this mean for Takuma? Surely Honda cannot afford to have him miss out on F1 next year...

SUZUKI DENIED F1 ENTRY

ITV

35462_1.jpg

Aguri Suzuki's planned Formula 1 team's fate hangs in the balance after it's 2006 entry application was refused by the FIA.

The former Formula 1 driver's team did not appear on next year's official entry list, issued by the FIA on Thursday afternoon.

Suzuki must now gain the approval from the other 10 teams if he is to acquire a late entry onto the grid.

The team, which had planned to use 2.4-litre V8 Honda engines next season, is believed to have failed to come up with the US$48m bond needed to secure a place in the paddock.

The FIA would not comment in detail on Suzuki's ommision from the entry, but did admit that Suzuki's entry had been denied.

"We notified the team that their application had not been successful," said an FIA spokesman.

Suzuki admitted at a recent public announcement on the project in Tokyo, that he was facing an uphill struggle to be ready in time for the start of next season.

In recent weeks the Super Aguri team began work at the former Arrows factory in Leafield and was weighing up the option of running old Arrows A23 chassis in the early part of next season.

It now remains to be seen whether Suzuki will still attempt to gain an entry next year or whether he will wait and give his team time to be prepare for 2007.

:clap3: Down in flames........hehehehehehe

I'm shocked that everyone seems pleased that Aguri didnt make it.......don't any of u morons want a bigger grid??

I'm shocked that everyone seems pleased that Aguri didnt make it.......don't any of u morons want a bigger grid??

I know, i completly agree. I cant understand why people like Senna and pumpdoc want only 10 teams. It can only be good for F1 to have more teams. The best racing series around the world have more than 30 cars and i think that 20 cars is not enough.

I'm completely baffled. And I assume the reason is 'we dont want sato on the grid' - why not?

The more cars the better! Remember the good old days with 26 cars, it was great!

The more cars the better! Remember the good old days with 26 cars, it was great!

exactly, sure there were some poo teams like pacific, forti etc, but a bigger grid is better!

i agree completely jemstride, a rare ocurrence indeed.

some like to allow petty little matters interfere with the bigger picture.

:blink::eusa_think::unsure::wacko:

:blink::eusa_think::rolleyes::wacko:

The Super Aguri team as envisaged (with Sato driving 3 year old chassis) would be very dangerous. From a safety standpoint, I support the smaller, ten team grid.

Thats a rubbish reason!!! You don't want a bigger grid? Even if its a dangerous team??? It wouldnt be dangerous anyway cos the car would have to go thru all the same tests as other f1 cars

Thats a rubbish reason!!! You don't want a bigger grid? Even if its a dangerous team??? It wouldnt be dangerous anyway cos the car would have to go thru all the same tests as other f1 cars

It's not the car but the driver............Sato, nuff said

sato has had 4 seasons in f1 and no-one has been hurt, except maybe himself austria 02 but that wasnt his fault

sorry 3 seasons

sato has had 4 seasons in f1 and no-one has been hurt, except maybe himself austria 02 but that wasnt his fault

sorry 3 seasons

He nearly killed Fisi in Monaco, or was that DC?