Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

Button Fastest Again

BUTTON FASTEST AGAIN

ITV

35464_1.jpg

Jenson Button topped the times for the second day running as testing continued at Barcelona.

The Brit once again ran a 2005-spec BAR-Honda with a V10 engine as he concentrated on aerodynamic work, and his time of 1m14.145s left him more than a second clear of the competition.

Honda Racing test driver Anthony Davidson ran a hybrid chassis fitted with a V8 engine and was second quickest on a 1m15.273s.

Both Ricardo Zonta and Ralf Schumacher tried the new Toyota TF106. Zonta was an encouraging third fastest but Ralf was stymied by a technical problem in the morning and could only manage the ninth best time.

Williams showed a greater turn of speed than so far this week, with Mark Webber fourth fastest and Nico Rosberg eighth in the Cosworth-powered FW27C chassis.

McLaren returned to the fray after a day

Interesting, I was taking a look at the live times every hour or so earlier and At the start Webber and Rosberg were pathetically slow, but Webber sped up soon after to 3rd at the time.

When i saw Davidson go up I figured he must of been in the V10 spec car, thats a fairly impressive time with a V8 though!

Davidson's time gives hope to Honda. Still way too early to start drawing conclusions though.

Quite.

Apart from over the fact that JPM went off track again - unless he was testing its durability which is obviously an important factor for him.

Apart from over the fact that JPM went off track again - unless he was testing its durability which is obviously an important factor for him.

Undertray strength of course. I understand nose cone and front wing strength will be tested tomorrow and rear diffuser crash resistance on Saturday.

Undertray strength of course. I understand nose cone and front wing strength will be tested tomorrow and rear diffuser crash resistance on Saturday.

Isn

Ah and after that they will draft in Paffett to do some proper testing perhaps.

Sato is very available now that Suzuki is out of the picture and all the pay-driving slots are sold out.

:cheers:

:cheers:

Much to celebrate, a great deal of good news today!

Yes I fixed a special double Mai Tai to celebrate :clap3::clap3::clap3:

Acording to an article on the Circuit de Catalunya web site Button and Davidson swaped cars at lunch time. They Both set the fastes times in the V10. UNSURPRISINGLY. The fastest times in the V8 appear to be Button 1'17.319 and Davidson 1'19.400.

3rd and Last. Looks quite good to me for Toyota (New Tyres) and Williams (New Tyres and Engine Manufacturer) Will both have considerably more work than Honda and at this stage appear to be faster.

Zonta 1st, Webber 2nd. Honda Full of Hope!!!!!

Acording to an article on the Circuit de Catalunya web site Button and Davidson swaped cars at lunch time. They Both set the fastes times in the V10. UNSURPRISINGLY. The fastest times in the V8 appear to be Button 1'17.319 and Davidson 1'19.400.

3rd and Last. Looks quite good to me for Toyota (New Tyres) and Williams (New Tyres and Engine Manufacturer) Will both have considerably more work than Honda and at this stage appear to be faster.

Zonta 1st, Webber 2nd. Honda Full of Hope!!!!!

Now that makes sense!

Indeed! Not so impressive after all.... And The story matches what I saw, as it was after lunch Davidson went his fastest, and he had a 1.19.xxx before that.

I think testing times at this stage really don't mean anything. When the 06 cars are out, complete with v8's inside, we might be able to make predictions. But even then its hard to tell cos testing times are often misleading. It would only be worrying for me if Honda, like last year, kept blowing up in pre-season testing! BTW is Davidson having yet another year as honda tester?

These times mean absolutely nothing! Some drivers are using V8's some V10's, some old Aero packages, some new, Some are probably testing tyre ware ect ect.

BUTTON FASTEST AGAIN

ITV

35464_1.jpg

Jenson Button topped the times for the second day running as testing continued at Barcelona.

The Brit once again ran a 2005-spec BAR-Honda with a V10 engine as he concentrated on aerodynamic work, and his time of 1m14.145s left him more than a second clear of the competition.

Honda Racing test driver Anthony Davidson ran a hybrid chassis fitted with a V8 engine and was second quickest on a 1m15.273s.

Both Ricardo Zonta and Ralf Schumacher tried the new Toyota TF106. Zonta was an encouraging third fastest but Ralf was stymied by a technical problem in the morning and could only manage the ninth best time.

Williams showed a greater turn of speed than so far this week, with Mark Webber fourth fastest and Nico Rosberg eighth in the Cosworth-powered FW27C chassis.

McLaren returned to the fray after a day

i think he was running on a 10litre V20 engine. the time is hardly convincing. and whats with c##kpit. dirty peeps

Im sure BAR/Honda are using their "special" fuel tank in testing as well :D

BUTTON FASTEST AGAIN

ITV

35464_1.jpg

1. BUTTON Honda 1m14.143s

2. DAVIDSON Honda 1m15.273s

3. ZONTA Toyota 1m16.651s

4. WEBBER Williams 1m17.284s

5. DE LA ROSA McLaren 1m17.447s

6. MONTAGNY Renault 1m17.593s

7. MONTOYA McLaren 1m17.762s

8. ROSBERG Williams 1m17.804s

9. COULTHARD Red Bull 1m18.374s

10. SCHUMACHER Toyota 1m17.982s

11. KUBICA Renault 1m17.997s

12. SPEED Toro Rosso 1m19.052s

13. MONDINI Renault 1m19.093s

14. DOORNBOS Red Bull 1m19.111s

1. J. Button 1.14.14

2. A. Davidson 1.15.27

3. R. Zonta 1:16.64*

4. M. Webber 1:17.28*

5. J. Button 1:17.30*

6. P. de la Rosa 1:17.44*

7. F. Montagny 1:17.59

8. J-P. Montoya 1:17.76

9. N. Rosberg 1:17.80*

10. R. Schumacher 1:17.98*

11. R. Kubica 1:17.99

12. D. Coulthard 1:18.31

13. S. Speed 1:19.05

14. P. Mondini 1:19.09

15. R. Doornbros 1:19.11

* Time set in V8 powered chassis

that shows how far ahead toyota are currently with their V*, but Honda, cosworth and even mercedes arnt too far behind!

It could we be a competitive year next season if they get the chassis right