Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Who Is Your Favourite Driver And Why?

A lot of people seem to like him, its strange because a lot of rookies leave as quickly as they arrive, but there is just something about him that catches people's attention. Hopefully it is because he has a long career ahead, he's managed to come so far in only six years.

I don't have a favourite driver at the moment I'm floating between three drivers

Webber - Button - Doornbos.

Button's attitude has put me off him a lot and its the reason I've grown on Webber a lot. I like Doornbos because he seems to be quite fast and has a good sense of humour too, plus supporting a rookie on his way up is always satisfying when and if they make it to the big time.

I still don't see how you can rate Webbo :eusa_think:

I still don't see how you can rate Webbo :eusa_think:

I don't get it either, he's not nice or good, or brave or anything appealing really...

I don't get it either, he's not nice or good, or brave or anything appealing really...

Indeed...............

Well if we all liked the same drivers it would get quite boring on here! I do think he is nice and like his humour, remember the whole donkey business?

Well if we all liked the same drivers it would get quite boring on here! I do think he is nice and like his humour, remember the whole donkey business?

I rate Monkey over Donkey. Donkey is overrated.

My fave is Kimi Raikkonen because of his raw speed! :D

The iceman is blisteringly quick.

Personally i think Raikkonen is better than Alonso because he seems to handle the car better, get the car where he wants it and his understanding of the car. Obviously his raw speed is better too!!! :D

How is it his thought the car breaks? :eusa_think: The cars reliabilty obviously wasnt up two scratch ( the engine definetly) and it shows how fast he is if it cant cope!!!

How is it his thought the car breaks? :eusa_think: The cars reliabilty obviously wasnt up two scratch ( the engine definetly) and it shows how fast he is if it cant cope!!!

It was a joke. ;)

Ok but a lot of people say he "overdrives" the car and when his engine failed at silverstone he had limited the revs to around 18,600rpm instead of around 19,200 to save reliabilty!!! Just shows the engine wasnt up to scratch!

I have stated my favorites, but there are several that I respect. Among them:

Ayrton Senna

Mika Hakkinen

Jacques Villeneuve

Damon Hill

Jackie Stewart

Gilles Villeneuve (Dijon 79)

Alain Prost

Nigel Mansell

My fave used to be Mika Hakkinen until he left F1...if u asked me i would say he was quicker than M.Shumacher. Then he moved to DTM but i have no real intrest in DTM so i dont follow him that much anymore.

My favourite drivers at the moment are:

Button, Villeneuve, Raikkonen, Montoya and Barrichello.

My past favourites are:

Hill, Alesi, Berger, Senna, Prost and Hakkinen.

hmm, at least DTM has racing in it..........

Don't get me wrong, I love F1, but DTM is much more of a sport rather than entertainment.

JV for the same reason NoJVnof1 mentions.

FA, because he lets his driving do the talking, and has the maturity to do the best with what he is given, He has real race craft, which is more then driving the fastest car fastest.

JB, He is smooth and drives very cleanly. He also is very personable. Obviously his psychotic contract dealings are worrisome, but that is all water under the bridge now.

DC. He is just a great standup guy that drives very well. I really have always wished the best for him, and am saddened that he was always #2 when he had the very best equipment. Next to JV he is the only other guy I wish would get a chance one more time in a top team car.

FM, He impressed me with his maturity this year. Because of the Sauber and compared to JV(who is an unknown quality at this time), I am not sure how good FM is. Is he good enough to challenge JV at his best, or is he only good enough to best a failing JV???? I would like to think that given a good car he will get the most out of it. This is a watershed year for him at Ferrari. He either moves up to the top or will be shuffled out the back door.

well no surprises Jacques Villeneuve. why I support him? i think that was his always on the limit aggressive driving style that attracted my eye and i think i can take nojvnof1's analysis from here no need to type it all over again

I have stated my favorites, but there are several that I respect. Among them:

Ayrton Senna

Mika Hakkinen

Jacques Villeneuve

Damon Hill

Jackie Stewart

Gilles Villeneuve (Dijon 79)

Alain Prost

Nigel Mansell

An excellent list.

Personally i think Raikkonen is better than Alonso because he seems to handle the car better, get the car where he wants it and his understanding of the car. Obviously his raw speed is better too!!! :D

Raikkonen also makes more mistakes than Alonso, I watched the 2005 season review last night, The ice cool ice man wasn't so cool at times...

I rate Alonso over Raikkonen because I think he's a more complete all round racing driver.

But obviously we all have our own opinions, An F1 forum would be boring if every member thought Webber was the best :)

I'm Mark Webber through and through. I'm very patriotic and the bloke is as Australian as you can get.

I just love his attack on the race track. He's very unforgiving, and his competitive nature makes for some very hard, aggressive heart-in-your-mouth type racing.

Mark isn't a naturally gifted driver - he's just got lots of balls and works very very hard.

The bloke made me shed tears whilst I was on the start-finish straight Albert Park, 2002. Still one of my greatest memories. Consequently I joined his Supporters Club in 2003 and was given the great privlidge of interviewing him just befopre the 2003 Hungrian Grand Prix. From a hotel in France, he rang my home phone in Australia and I fired off about 15 questions to him. Best moment of my life. Just imagine your hero ringing you up for a 15 minute chat... I'm so lucky to have experienced that.

I also enjoy watching Kimi - he's just so fearless. You just know he's on the limit all the time. And I am also big admirer of Michael Schumacher. And Alonso, well, he's just pure class.

I'm Mark Webber through and through. I'm very patriotic and the bloke is as Australian as you can get.

I just love his attack on the race track. He's very unforgiving, and his competitive nature makes for some very hard, aggressive heart-in-your-mouth type racing.

Mark isn't a naturally gifted driver - he's just got lots of balls and works very very hard.

The bloke made me shed tears whilst I was on the start-finish straight Albert Park, 2002. Still one of my greatest memories. Consequently I joined his Supporters Club in 2003 and was given the great privlidge of interviewing him just befopre the 2003 Hungrian Grand Prix. From a hotel in France, he rang my home phone in Australia and I fired off about 15 questions to him. Best moment of my life. Just imagine your hero ringing you up for a 15 minute chat... I'm so lucky to have experienced that.

I completely agree. It must have been an amazing experiance to actually speak to him on the phone (how many other F1 drivers would do that). Were you expecting him to call and what kind of questions did you ask him.