Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Who Is Your Favourite Driver And Why?

Im wondering who is your favourite current driver and why. Also why is that driver your favourite driver and what are their strengths and weaknesses.

As for me

David Coulthard (obviously)

He is my favourite because he is a extremely honest driver who admitts when he is wrong. He is also a good driver who is very consistant.

Strengths - He's a great starter (one GP this year he went from 12th to 4th in one lap), he is also very consistant and he rarely makes mistakes.

Weaknesses - He wasnt good at the one lap format which hurt his performance, also he doesnt show that amazing speed which you see from the best drivers (those lap times which the commentators thought were impossible).

My fav driver obviosly is JV cos his early carrer in racing is amazing he wons everything , and his mark in F1 was quick .... then obvious he has his hard times but not because his not capable but of f1 politics and busted man like david richards but anyway his still racing at least , and my only wish is to have a good very good season in 2006 , then BMW try to keep for 2007 maybe 2008 , but ok.....

jv is the only driver in my opinion tnat in 1996/97 fill the void left of A senna ... no one did that yet ....

cheersss..

Guess who mine is!!!

Ive always liked the lad, and rated him very highly ever since his debut season with Minardi in which he was above his teams expectations, by consistantly qualifying and finishing above much faster cars.

He has far to many Strengths to mention and has improved vastly since he joined Renault in 2003. His weaknesses are far and few between nowadays.

Fernando Alonso, World Champion 2005 at just 24! YEAH!

Hmm. That's odd. I racked my brains and I don't seem to have a favourite. Good for the impartiality, though.

Jenson all the way! Partially cos he's british (and proud), but more because I truly believe he is capable of being a world champion. I reeeeealy want him to win cos he gets so much stick from everyone when he doesnt deserve it. He's super-smooth, makes hardly any mistakes, and when he's on a hot lap you can see he's bloody fast and that BAR looks like it couldnt possibly go faster. Added to that he's friendly and laid-back, smiles a lot and is nice to the fans, gives autographs etc. Only weakness I can think of is his manner of going about contractual issues...

Which Series?

F1- MS, knows how to extract the maximum from a car, such as France 2004.

IRL/Former CART series- Al Unser Jr. He retired, but had a great finishing record and won two titles in the former CART series.

NASCAR- Mark Martin, 2nd place 4 times in the standings, I want him to win that title badly.

Let me think, ohh this is hard, :lol:

Button, reasons why, hes smooth, he has a lot of potential, he appeals to people, his sexist jokes are absolutely ace and he produces some great overtaking moves.

His downsides include his choice of management, his defensive driving, and the fact the british media pile a lot of pressure on him to perform, when they hould realise, HE HASNT HAD A RACE WINNING CAR!

Damon hill is not current.

For me - has to be nick and nico. Nick because... well... he's ace! and nico because he's a huge talent for the future. He was stunning in gp2.

:D Boris Said................................

Guess who mine is!!!

Ive always liked the lad, and rated him very highly ever since his debut season with Minardi in which he was above his teams expectations, by consistantly qualifying and finishing above much faster cars.

He has far to many Strengths to mention and has improved vastly since he joined Renault in 2003. His weaknesses are far and few between nowadays.

Fernando Alonso, World Champion 2005 at just 24! YEAH!

This could be my post perfectly... Thanks Wez :rolleyes:

:D Boris Said................................

Boris is great!

I'm going with JV even though he's well past it at this point... When he leaves at the end of next season I shall have nobody to support :(

what are you talking about? You support nobody now ;)

Well I am perfectly impartial in my posting, that is quite correct Anotnia however I do support JV and wish him the best.

so ,does that mean that you have resigned to the fact that nick will beat the living hell out of jacques villeneuve

I don't think he will 'beat the living hell out of JV' unless the team show him a high degree of favouritism... Of course, that is entirely possible as JV has nearly always been a victim of team favouritism, unjustifably so IMO.

well said Dan.

Well no prizes for guessing who my favourite driver is.

Mark Webber is my fave...

:lol: Just kidding, it's Jacques Villeneuve. I've been a fan of his since his CART days and look forward to 2006. I'm a fan of his because he's a racer's racer in my opinion. He will drive the guts out of any car he is given, just like his old man. He isn't afraid of racing wheel to wheel and pushes his car to its limits and beyond (Spa 98, 99). The guy has lots of heart and is an icon who would have been a great had he raced in the era of his father. JV is also his own man. He's a rebel in the corporate F1 land of today where kids with no backbones (yes men I call them) are preferred over racers who have opinions and aren't afraid to voice them

I think JV's strengths are his racecraft, courage and technical abilities. JV showed himself to be a very clean racer throughout his career, shown both when racing with others and is very fair in moving over whilst being lapped, and is capable of pulling off a mega pass (Estoril '96) and is one of the best defensive drivers on the grid (Melbourne, 05 but one example). He is a courageous driver who had a lot of fight and is willing to push his car, whilst his technical abilities are highly rated. Although he is an oddball when it comes to setup, he can only do what works for him, and when given free reign on this, he performs alot better. JV is also a very good starter.

JV's weaknesses are probably a lack of speed compared to his speed a few years ago, and he seems to be very slow at restarts after Safety Cars.

:lol: Just kidding, it's Jacques Villeneuve...

Hehe... Go Jaques! :D

I don't have a favourite driver at the moment I'm floating between three drivers

Webber - Button - Doornbos.

Button's attitude has put me off him a lot and its the reason I've grown on Webber a lot. I like Doornbos because he seems to be quite fast and has a good sense of humour too, plus supporting a rookie on his way up is always satisfying when and if they make it to the big time.

well said Dan.

Well no prizes for guessing who my favourite driver is.

:lol: Just kidding, it's Jacques Villeneuve. I've been a fan of his since his CART days and look forward to 2006. I'm a fan of his because he's a racer's racer in my opinion. He will drive the guts out of any car he is given, just like his old man. He isn't afraid of racing wheel to wheel and pushes his car to its limits and beyond (Spa 98, 99). The guy has lots of heart and is an icon who would have been a great had he raced in the era of his father. JV is also his own man. He's a rebel in the corporate F1 land of today where kids with no backbones (yes men I call them) are preferred over racers who have opinions and aren't afraid to voice them

I think JV's strengths are his racecraft, courage and technical abilities. JV showed himself to be a very clean racer throughout his career, shown both when racing with others and is very fair in moving over whilst being lapped, and is capable of pulling off a mega pass (Estoril '96) and is one of the best defensive drivers on the grid (Melbourne, 05 but one example). He is a courageous driver who had a lot of fight and is willing to push his car, whilst his technical abilities are highly rated. Although he is an oddball when it comes to setup, he can only do what works for him, and when given free reign on this, he performs alot better. JV is also a very good starter.

JV's weaknesses are probably a lack of speed compared to his speed a few years ago, and he seems to be very slow at restarts after Safety Cars.

Good analysis.

I don't have a favourite driver at the moment I'm floating between three drivers

Webber - Button - Doornbos.

Button's attitude has put me off him a lot and its the reason I've grown on Webber a lot. I like Doornbos because he seems to be quite fast and has a good sense of humour too, plus supporting a rookie on his way up is always satisfying when and if they make it to the big time.

I like Doornbos too, I may start supporting him when Jacques departs F1 if he progresses as I expect him to...