Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adrianmj

The Sepang Circuit

well i was asked to coment on the circuit coz someone mentioned in a previous topic that it took him/her 5 hours to get back to the hotel in KL....well that was in 99 and it was the first gp in sepang so....anyway next year the new proposed rail link i believe should have been complited so it will not take that long anymore but if it's not and u have to rely on movement by car then i would suggest u book the hotel in KLIA (airport) or maybe around the area of subang jaya as these places are much nearer to the circuit compared to KL city.....

for further info you can refer to http://www.malaysiangp.com.my or http://131.103.222.189/2001/f1_2001/index.htm

howdy

Yeah, staying out near the track would save a lot of time getting to and from from the track, but it also ads the extra hassle of being out of KL and all that shopping (clothes and erm 'cheap' software...').

In 99, they had stopped work on the rail link up to the airport and a lot of it still wasnt finished inside KL although quite a bit was.

I have been to KL three times and it is definatly a city on the rise at full steam ahead.  Everytime I go, there are new things like the big viewing tower spike thing and the twin towers and of course the fantastic airport.  The first times I went the old international airport was still in use, but the last time I was there, the new airport blew me away.

see ya

yeah ...well i live in the area of subang jaya which is rather near to sepang if u were to use the highway and if you want shopping then subang is a good area to be (we have cheap softwares here as well)...in fact after KL i would say subang is the next best place to be , besides subang u could also try sunway which is a tourism attraction area in malaysia and it also houses one the best hotels in the country ....

Not sure where Subang Jaya is but last time I stayed at the Concord Inn which is less than 10 minutes by bus from both KLIA & Sepang. Rooms are OK(3 star I think) & there is a little local shopping centre only 5 minutes walk away. Good Malaysian food at very good prices.

Have to go elsewhere for big-time shopping though.

Probably the idea would be to stay there for GP week & then move to KL for a while.