Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nichosnz

Villeneuve to race alongside MS in Ferrari!!

No not quite, but Pollack says he should.

Pollack still believes that JV and MS are the 2 best current drivers in F1. He also feels more that rule changes etc the best way to spice up F1 again is to have the 2 best drivers in the best teams. At the moment the best teams are Ferrari and... well just Ferrari.

I agree about the placement of the best drivers in the best team(s). I would need to be convinced that JV is still one of the top two drivers though. I feel that Alonso, Raikkonen and JPM (if he can be more consistant) are all at least as good as JV, probably better. JV has the experiance advantage over them, but has the diminishing motivation disadvantage.

I think with the way JV has been bad mouthing Ferrari, MS and Rubens lately, it` s extremely doubtful....lol

Certainly would be an exciting driver combo though.....hehe

Cheers Crash

It would be interesting, but I can guarentee MS would win the inteam battle. I would not have been quite so confident a few years ago (when JV was at his best), more like I think MS would...

well to me JV partnering up with MS would be one hell of a recipe for disaster.. Can you imagine them as team mates ???? both very strong willed and very much in the belief that they are the best..

Only ones I would pitty would be the mechanics, they would be run off their feet trying to satisfy their Driver .....

I dont believe a team manager worth his salt would pair those two LOL

well not sure JV & MS would work too well together.... Both are very focused people and both want to be Number ONE

Prost and Senna didn't work too well together, at least not for most or the time, maybe a little at the beginning. Both very focussed, and both want to be Number ONE, and both willing to crash into each other (among other things) to acheive that.

i think i remember seena and prost crashing at suzuka one year 93...? into the tight s bend, but thats bout all of 93 i remember....94 australian gp is the next thing i remember.

One thing Prost and Senna were together, was exciting! Even though I wasnt into Formula 1 in the early 90's, from the taped races I have seen, they really set the track alight!

I think more emphasis is put on Schumi, because he is alone in doing so. But I still can't say I can agree with incidents such as Adelaide 1994 or Jerez 1997... nor for that matter the recent mishaps at the Austrian GP.

Not that it is fine when others are doing it, but it is easier to take when it is not just one. Especially when that one is overly dominant in a series and making it overly boring :D

:rolleyes::blink::unsure:

One thing to note about JPM, and JV is that with their American racing pedigree, they've made it to the top without all the fancy driver aids, so it would seem probable that they're rather 'ready' for the new season. I have no idea whether drivers such as JB would be able to make it.

Raikkonen, with the rallying nature that Finns seem to have in their genes, and that ice cool demeanour, shouldn't have much of a problem :)

The aids that will be banned are the ones introduced in 2001, so really anyone from F1 prior then shouldn't have too much problem either.

Pizzonia will struggle, no doubt. But do F3 and F3000 cars actually have the traction control and launch control systems?

I don't think any drivers will do too bad, but some will find it harder than others.

I don't think F3, F3000 do but the difference is the F1 cars of 2001, 2002 were very much tamed beasts. Whitness Rosberg 17 years old, there is no way a driver with that little experiance should be setting a time labeled 'reasonable', no matter what his name is or his future holds he just should not be there, YET.

Well, I dont really know, some people just have it and some dont. But without traction control I would have been interested in seeing how Rosberg would've done...

Yes I agree some do and some don't, but I feel that even at that experiance level even those that do should not be able to show it yet. Otherwise (and this has already started) F3, F3000 will be second choice series rather than first choice feeder series.

I think more people have stepped into F1 from F3 recently than F3000.. Pizzonia did do F3000 last season but didn't really do too well, as did Williams proteg

:rolleyes::blink::unsure:

Bugger, wasn't 2000 JB's first season ? And he did put up a decent show didn't he ? Mebbe there's something to be said for him after all...Rather myopic of me, I'm being driven by JV's comments nowadays, what a sad state of affairs :)

But it is a pity about JV isn't it ? All that promise, gone to naught...

I hope JV goes through on his promise to drive for a better team in2004 by the latest, because he certainly does have the talent to take another title at least...

Jenson is fantastic, all he needs is a good car!!!