Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nichosnz

9 teams have 2 drivers, Jordan haven't.

Minardi have finally confirmed that Jos Verstappen will partner Justin Wilson in the Minardi team for 2003. Jordan have still to announce who will be replacing Sato. So the teams drivers (so far) are as follows...

Ferrari, McLaren, Williams - unchanged

Renault - Trulli, Alonso

Sauber - Heidfeld, Frentzen

Jordan - Fisichella, ???????

BAR - Villeneuve, Button

Jaguar - Pizzonio, Webber

Minardi - Wilson, Verstappen

Toyota - Panis, da Matta

Jordan also have still to announce who will be their test driver for the Friday test session. Minardi have suggested they will use a different driver (possibally local) at each race. Renault have announced that their driver will be Allan McNish.

i was suprised but happy to see Allan to become the Reno test driver.

im still wondering who will be Jordans driver, maybe Irvine, Irish connections :D but i'm not sure on a guess. :unsure:

I was also happy to see that Allan got a drive, even if it just a testing role. It's the least that he deserved :D . As for the Jordan drive - my hopes lie with Irvine getting it. F1 still needs somebody with Irvines character to add a bit of life to the sport. However I suppose that at the end of the day its going to be the guy that brings the biggest budget with him that will end up getting the drive though <_< .

I hope it goes to Irv also, not an Irv fan, BUT he is the only character around and we need one (more than one would be better) so therefore...

McNish surprised me in a pleasant way, but it seems now that Salo won't be taking that place as was rumoured earlier. Salo is still in with a shot at Ferrari alongside Massa, this I know, but Jordan is a huge ?

I hope and think that Irvine will take it, but the Silverstone factory is quieter than space right now. Not a peep! A huge hint though gave Anthony Davidson and Felipe Massa the seeming chance, but it was too long ago to have been a real thing. So indeed, it will have to be Irvine! :D

I you read the journalists reports even they cannot agree some say Irv is the front runner and some are still saying Massa. It will probably be a financial decision in the end.

Hahahahaha. But will it be enough, a lot of that is likely to go to Irv himself, as Irv will expect to get paid a lot of money.

Dunno about the second driver. Maybe no drivers, maybe no Jordan.

Seems to be a bit of goss going around that Eddie may be in more financial trouble than most thought.

Hope not

Cheers

I hope it is not true, I would like to see Jordan remain.

Although Max did predict 18 cars at Australia, remember, I sure hope not.

What does the Concorde Agreement say about the 18 car possibility? I have been searching through the document but can't find the part where teams are required to run three cars to meet minimum requirements...

You have a copy of the concord agreement? I thought that was a secret document?

From articles I have read the FIA are required to present 18 cars at each event. But considering the suggestions I don't think there is a 'rule' that states how they are to do so. Some articles mid 2002 were suggesting running F3000 cars in an F1 race. Others say the FIA will 'allow' teams to field 3 cars. Others still suggest the FIA will 'force the top teams to run three cars.

more then any of u i hope thats not true........i duno who i'd go for if it was and eddie jordan has had enuff bad luck..but now money problems....i sure as hell hope not

Well its not the actual document, just a version that has been put together by common knowledge. Guess this whole thing isnt in it then...

From a pracitical point of view maybe the worst idea, but from a points distribution point of view one of the best, would be, for the FIA to force the top teams to fund the bottom teams running a third car.