Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

Scott Speed

:D Well i'll open this can of worms...........

Scott showed good promise in his tests and friday driver role for the Canadian and USGP's whether this will translate into him being a above average driver in F1 is still open to debate, hopefully he won't travel down that road that Sato and Narain have paved..............I think the car will make or break him, lets hope he shows good racecraft no matter the ride...........

scott's Sh#t. he only looks good against people who are more rookieish and those who are past it.

Harsh words to be sure, I'll go out on the plank to say he'll not be at the back of the grid, car provided....

Harsh words to be sure, I'll go out on the plank to say he'll not be at the back of the grid, car provided....

V10/V8

I don't know about this man. I would hope he is a success although after reading a few American F1 websites I beg to differ. They think the man is going to dominate F1 and that with a name like Scott Speed, he must be quick.... :eusa_think: I can't say I agree but let's see what he can do over the next few seasons.

It depends whether he

I used to like Michael untill he went IRL, and his problems in F1 were all of his making, just flying over for the races for starters :nono1:

Yes. He should have lived in Europe.

:D Well i'll open this can of worms...........

Scott showed good promise in his tests and friday driver role for the Canadian and USGP's whether this will translate into him being a above average driver in F1 is still open to debate, hopefully he won't travel down that road that Sato and Narain have paved..............I think the car will make or break him, lets hope he shows good racecraft no matter the ride...........

I think he's okay, not quite the talent of Heikki or Nico but still quite good. Hopefully he will put a pasting on Liuzzi and if so I should expect him to advance to the senior team. The fact that he's American is great because it will mean more F1 coverage in the US and in Canada which is always appreciated... Even though we have some of the best coverage as it is, certainly far better than our dearest friends, the British have ;)

I think he's okay, not quite the talent of Heikki or Nico but still quite good. Hopefully he will put a pasting on Liuzzi and if so I should expect him to advance to the senior team. The fact that he's American is great because it will mean more F1 coverage in the US and in Canada which is always appreciated... Even though we have some of the best coverage as it is, certainly far better than our dearest friends, the British have ;)

Indeed I'll take SPEED's dream team and their coverage any time :thbup:

Indeed I'll take SPEED's dream team and their coverage any time :thbup:

I like the British coverage as well... Generally I watch the ITV coverage live and then watch the SpeedTV replay...

:blink:

Sorry SPEED tv and Bob Varsha, David Hobbs, Steve Matchett and Peter Windsor in the pits.....the Dream Team.

Sorry SPEED tv and Bob Varsha, David Hobbs, Steve Matchett and Peter Windsor in the pits.....the Dream Team.

Dream Team indeed, the very best coverage without question.

I like the British coverage as well... Generally I watch the ITV coverage live and then watch the SpeedTV replay...

I'd have to get a Canadian Dish tv reciever and dish to get the ITV coverage......bootlegg it across the border............

< Martin Brundle.

> James Allen

best f1 coverage i have seen is in germany. they have Niki Lauda as comentator/tech expainer, and they show every practice, qual and race live. pluse covarage begins an hour before the race with the drivers parade and then it does what speed tv does and explains new gagets each team had and has small documentraies on certain aspects of the cars, teams, and drivers, and track.

on the Sctot speed issuse, i think he has ALOT to prove, just cuse he is the only american in the feild doesnt mean he should get a free pass after screwing up, just like Sato shouldnt for being the only Japanese driver.

Best of luck to the guy. If he does well perhaps the greater coverage of F1 will show the american masses how shoddy their other "drivers" and "motorsports" are.

he was nowhere near impressive in GP2. Alex Premat was far more impressive. Apparently Premat's not doing badly in A1GP. I predicted good things for france with their Lapierre/Premat line up.

A few weeks ago i was researching Free to Air tv satellite dishes which i could set up on my roof and watch Free to Air Tv in other countries. My idea was so then i could watch formula 1 qualifying and the race live on tv instead of the Sh#t coverage channel 10 gives us in Australia. It didnt take me long to realise that i would never beable to get Free to Air TV at Europe or America because we simply live to far away. I could get Chinese TV and everything in between but the only country that speaks English that i could pick up was New Zealand. Australia really is in a Sh#thouse location in the world.