Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

Scott Speed

Australia really is in a Sh#thouse location in the world.

Yes, but Star Sports out of Hong Kong does an English langauge broadcast of the races and qualifying...

Scott Speed...a really Hollywood name for a racer! :P

I wish him luck, USA people needs a driver, last years Indy

[quote name='bajo39' post='88183' date='Dec 3 2005, 08:28 PM']I think he's okay, not quite the talent of Heikki or Nico but still quite good. Hopefully he will put a pasting on Liuzzi and if so I should expect him to advance to the senior team. The fact that he's American is great because it will mean more F1 coverage in the US and in Canada which is always appreciated... Even though we have some of the best coverage as it is, certainly far better than our dearest friends, the British have ;) [/quote]

Any kind of coverage that does not involve James Allen is very much appreciated.

yeah, best coverage is in Germany. Back in the day when I got German satellite... ahhh! When I was in Berlin with all the tv channels, there was F1 on at least 1 channel every time I switched on. I still have german bahrain quali and race from 2004, the coverage takes HOURS! seriously! they have a HUGE pre race show, HUGE pre quali show - great stuff

nope, always good to know german if you watch f1

seriously, in germany, on a race weekend all there is on tv is f1 practicly

that and game shows, and alot of the time there are questions about f1 on the quiz shows :)

Scott Speed? I don

can't compare f3000 to gp2 really. i think speed will be a worse version of webber, just without the quali performance...

can't compare f3000 to gp2 really. i think speed will be a worse version of webber, just without the quali performance...

You can, both GP2 And F3000 are series for F1 wannabies, a few drivers from these series will become stars, more have become flops, & most of them will never be heard of by most motor racing fans.

Yes, in that sense you can, however, technically, you can't really... I would argue more have become stars than flops.

Sorry SPEED tv and Bob Varsha, David Hobbs, Steve Matchett and Peter Windsor in the pits.....the Dream Team.

You're kidding right, I wouldn't be able to last 5 minutes of Hobbs and Windsor trashing JV at every opportunity.

As for Scott Speed, he was OK in A1GP but nothing special. I don't know that much about him so I'll reserve judgement until the season starts, but he was pretty respectable in his Friday drive.

I think the dream commentary team would be Murry Walker and Barry Sheene. Both of them loved their motersport and they both were great commentators. Its funny how my dream commentary team are both English.

i watched french coverage once and the programme starts 5 seconds before the lights are going out! Also watched portugese and its terrible, the picture is bad too

i watched french coverage once and the programme starts 5 seconds before the lights are going out! Also watched portugese and its terrible, the picture is bad too

In Spain the coverage began half an hour before the qualy and 1 hour before the race (we could see as well the GP2) Yeah, i know, i know... you envy me ;)

In SA we get to watch the race, qualifying and all Friday & Saturday Practice sessions live. :P

In SA we get to watch the race, qualifying and all Friday & Saturday Practice sessions live. :P

:blink: After reading this i think i

:blink: After reading this i think i

If scott speed was really so good then why isnt he in f1 yet! The same goes for bourdais, dan wheldon among others! If they were that good a top team would have snapped them up! In reality the teams clearly dont have confidence in them and thus they are not in f1, and why have they no confidence in them, maybe becuase they dont think they are good enough!

If scott speed was really so good then why isnt he in f1 yet! The same goes for bourdais, dan wheldon among others! If they were that good a top team would have snapped them up! In reality the teams clearly dont have confidence in them and thus they are not in f1, and why have they no confidence in them, maybe becuase they dont think they are good enough!

They race in America. American motorsport is not highly rated (outside of the US).