Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Raikkonen Scoops Autosport Honour

Why cant you all accept that Alonso was "better" than Kimi in 2005 he won the World Championship and with a big gap aswell. And Im a Kimi fan. I say you should all get over it I mean 2006 will be a clean slate New engines new cars. So If Alonso wins the WDC in 06 its going to be pretty obvious who the better driver is. I mean as they say "The job of winning the title is hard but keeping it is even harder" So imo if Alonso beat Kimi again it will be obvious on who is the "best" driver.

Fernando is better. Kimi is faster. Why the argument?

I just thought I'd quote myself for no good reason.

No it's not official, if it were and he were the best, he'd be FIA Formula One World Champion, but he wasn't, and he isn't.

The best driver doesn

5P33D3V1L just because alonso won the chapionship it doesnt mean he is better than kimi :eusa_think: Look at the performances over the season...i think you will find 90% of the time kimi was better, the only reason he didnt win was because of engine & car probs :excl:

5P33D3V1L just because alonso won the chapionship it doesnt mean he is better than kimi :eusa_think: Look at the performances over the season...i think you will find 90% of the time kimi was better, the only reason he didnt win was because of engine & car probs :excl:

Wellcome back even when you writte things that are not true ;) (so Kimi has been the better 90 % of the time, in your sweet dreams :naughty: )

If Kimi hadn

I have nothing against Spanish people either. Infact, Rafa Benitez manages the best club in the world ;);)

I haven

One award I liked most this year (because it was awarded to KR). :clap3:

Hats off to KR and hope he wins WDC in 2006.

All hail the knowledgeable nojvnof1
thank you kindly Wez. I do my best.
nojvnof1 please dont say you agree with the people who say the champion is always the best driver??

I'm not. However, I feel Alonso is more than a worthy champion and I don't see how anyone can argue against that. Look, Kimi drove very well this year and got shafted by unreliability, but Alonso did what he had to do to win it. When the McLaren's failed, he was there to pounce. When he had the best car, he dominated. He only made one mistake (Canada) and drove consistently, and quick all year.

I don't buy the 'he got lucky' argument. Yes, luck played a part in it, but Alonso still had to a. drive quick enough to get decent points and wins and b. not get involved in silly incidents and c. keep the car on the road. He did all three prefectly well (Canada aside). Alonso is a worthy champion and I don't see how that can be argued against, as there is no champion who has not been worthy of the honour of being F1 World Champion. All these if's and but's are worth nothing. Anyone can win a race on if's and buts.

I just thought I'd quote myself for no good reason.

Good stuff monza!

I don't buy the 'he got lucky' argument. Yes, luck played a part in it, but Alonso still had to a. drive quick enough to get decent points and wins and b. not get involved in silly incidents and c. keep the car on the road. He did all three prefectly well (Canada aside). Alonso is a worthy champion and I don't see how that can be argued against, as there is no champion who has not been worthy of the honour of being F1 World Champion. All these if's and but's are worth nothing. Anyone can win a race on if's and buts.

Happy to read your reasons. I have said this sometimes but some people don

So I guess all you people who say "alonso is the best cos he's champion" let me ask u this - if Raikkonen beats alonso to the title next year will you then say kimi is the best cos he's champion???

So I guess all you people who say "alonso is the best cos he's champion" let me ask u this - if Raikkonen beats alonso to the title next year will you then say kimi is the best cos he's champion???

I

i dont think the reasons are ludicrous, I'll happily admit Alonso did very well and comlpetely thrashed fisichella. But I believe kimi was more impressive in pretty much every single race, except australia and china. We will have to agree to disagree on this one! But please dont think any british people like kimi cos he drives for mclaren - that is simply not true

This argument is pointless. You guys will never agree, so why prolong the agony? The only thing you can say with any certainty is that Fernando Alonso won the WDC (and is a worthy champion), but that it does not necessarily follow that he is the best driver. Everything else is speculation and conjecture.

i dont think the reasons are ludicrous, I'll happily admit Alonso did very well and comlpetely thrashed fisichella. But I believe kimi was more impressive in pretty much every single race, except australia and china. We will have to agree to disagree on this one! But please dont think any british people like kimi cos he drives for mclaren - that is simply not true

Yeah!! I can admit i may be wrong in that and i

This argument is pointless. You guys will never agree, so why prolong the agony? The only thing you can say with any certainty is that Fernando Alonso won the WDC (and is a worthy champion), but that it does not necessarily follow that he is the best driver. Everything else is speculation and conjecture.

Agreed.

Well said.

(Where about in Northants are you. Not that I will stalk you. Promise! :D:P )

Well said.

(Where about in Northants are you. Not that I will stalk you. Promise! :D:P )

Kettering. Working in Rushden. Used to work at Milton Malsor.

He