Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Testing At Jerez

Wednesday's testing times from Jerez

1. MONTAGNY Renault 1m19.468s

2. GENE Ferrari 1m19.687s

3. KOVALAINEN Renault 1m19.809s

4. DAVIDSON Honda 1m20.144s

5. KARTHIKEYAN Williams 1m20.291s

6. DE LA ROSA McLaren 1m20.369s

7. R SCHUMACHER Toyota 1m20.454s

8. KLIEN Red Bull 1m20.581s

9. ROSBERG Williams 1m20.644s

10. BADOER Ferrari 1m20.845s

11. ROSSITER Honda 1m20.978s

12. BRISCOE Toyota 1m21.211s

13. PAFFETT McLaren 1m21.252s

14. BIAGI MF1 1m21.878s

15. ALBERS MF1 1m23.203s

Might be a premature call, but

... is this a return to form for Ferrari? The fastest V8 on track on the first day of testing

Waiting with interest for the next lot of time sheets...

Might be a premature call, but

... is this a return to form for Ferrari? The fastest V8 on track on the first day of testing

Waiting with interest for the next lot of time sheets...

Ferrari are looking pretty good!!!!!I think they would be foxing to a certain extent too!!!Wait til they attach the item that always improves their laptimes at least a second!!! (i think its called a 'Micheal Schumacher' :king: )

We really cant read into testing much at this stage, its way too early. Testing in jan/feb will give us an idea of 06 form

Doesn't mean we can't discuss it.

Kartekeyan looks respectable.

MONTAGNY was in the V10 Renault of 2005 and KOVALAINEN was in the new V8 Renault.

Renault are still the team to beat!

Mate Renault aren't testing their new V8 until they launch their new car in early January. Both Montagny and Kovalanien are running restricted V10s.

Mate Renault aren't testing their new V8 until they launch their new car in early January. Both Montagny and Kovalanien are running restricted V10s.

Nope...

The out-going Renault test driver clocked a 1:19.468 during his 103 laps, which he completed in a 2005 Renault that was fitted with a limited V10 engine, to beat Ferrari tester Marc Gene by 0.219 seconds.

Gene drove an F2004, carrying out reliability testing on the new V8 engine, in conjunction with Shell. The Spaniard covered a total of 83 laps, setting a best time of 1.19.687.

Heikki Kovalainen finished third fastest in the second Renault. However, unlike Montagny's car, Kovalainen's was equipped with a V8 engine.

"Planetf1.com"

Yea thats what I thought.

Renault are supposedly further behind in their development of the V8 than any other team because they had to focus for a much longer time on making imrpovements to the V10 in '05.

But as Renault say the "are vey busy".

Well Planet-F1.com have got their facts wrong.

Here is the press release from Renault.

The Renault F1 Team completed a busy, productive day of testing in Jerez today, running two R25 chassis with restricted V10 engines for Franck Montagny and Heikki Kovalainen. Montagny topped the times after a tyre testing program, while Kovalainen was third fastest.

Franck completed a morning of set-up work, developing his work from Barcelona and continuing to make good progress on understanding chassis performance with V8 power. Subsequently, his work focused on tyre testing for Michelin and some brake testing.

Heikki

I think planetf1.com have it wrong.

They are the only sight saying that Heikki was running a V8 (which he didn't)

"Franck Montagny set the fastest time of the session at the wheel of an R25 powered by a restricted V10. The Frenchman is followed by Marc Gene (Ferrari V8) and Heikki Kovalainen (Renault V10)".

www.f1-live.com

Many other reports say that Heikki ahd a V10 as well

AS far as I know, planetf1.com are they only ones to have made the error

Yeah the Renault V8 isn't even off the test bench yet.

Yeah the Renault V8 isn't even off the test bench yet.

Yeah Planetf1 f*#ked up, Renault were running the new car with V10 engines which are limited to produce the same output as V8 engines.

PlanetF1 are ok - I don't mind them at all. They're probably one of the better F1 sites out there. They put a good spin on things. But yes, obviously this time they've let their guard down. Sh#t happens.

PlanetF1 are ok - I don't mind them at all. They're probably one of the better F1 sites out there. They put a good spin on things. But yes, obviously this time they've let their guard down. Sh#t happens.

Planet F1 are quite baised against Alonso & Schumacher!

Doesn't mean we can't discuss it.

Kartekeyan looks respectable.

Lets compare him to Webber when we see the test results some day.

Like your sig. Funny that. "Champions Wall" crash. ;)

Nope...

The out-going Renault test driver clocked a 1:19.468 during his 103 laps, which he completed in a 2005 Renault that was fitted with a limited V10 engine, to beat Ferrari tester Marc Gene by 0.219 seconds.

Gene drove an F2004, carrying out reliability testing on the new V8 engine, in conjunction with Shell. The Spaniard covered a total of 83 laps, setting a best time of 1.19.687.

Heikki Kovalainen finished third fastest in the second Renault. However, unlike Montagny's car, Kovalainen's was equipped with a V8 engine.

"Planetf1.com"

Err get ur facts right. Renault arnt testing their new V8 on track until january! These were not their V8's!

Also dont forget ferrari fans that your team have been testing a hell of a lot more than the others! So they bloody well should be faster! Unfortunantly!

Anyway this is testing and we should never read too much into it!

Lets compare him to Webber when we see the test results some day.

Like your sig. Funny that. "Champions Wall" crash. ;)

Indeed, the wall of champions where many f1 wdc's hit it! Well i think thats a good sign for jenson :D !

I think I've opened up a can of kick a## on that one!! :lol:

looks like webBAAR is trying to provoke people into an argument with his funny caption but lets not stoop to his level

I'm not sure whether Kartekeyan is on duty tommorrow. Might just be Webber and Rosberg. So yesterday could have been Kartekeyan's only chance of impressing. Williams are keen to see what Kiesa can do as well so we'll see what happens.

Glad you like my signature. Didn't take long. Jenson did all the hard work for me.

EDIT// I think you mean a can of whoop a## there Girl_Racer.

I'm not sure whether Kartekeyan is on duty tommorrow. Might just be Webber and Rosberg. So yesterday could have been Kartekeyan's only chance of impressing. Williams are keen to see what Kiesa can do as well so we'll see what happens.

Glad you like my signature. Didn't take long. Jenson did all the hard work for me.

EDIT// I think you mean a can of whoop a## there Girl_Racer.

:lol: Yeah. Thats what I meant!!

Wednesday's testing times from Jerez

1. MONTAGNY Renault 1m19.468s

2. GENE Ferrari 1m19.687s

3. KOVALAINEN Renault 1m19.809s

4. DAVIDSON Honda 1m20.144s

5. KARTHIKEYAN Williams 1m20.291s

6. DE LA ROSA McLaren 1m20.369s

7. R SCHUMACHER Toyota 1m20.454s

8. KLIEN Red Bull 1m20.581s

9. ROSBERG Williams 1m20.644s

10. BADOER Ferrari 1m20.845s

11. ROSSITER Honda 1m20.978s

12. BRISCOE Toyota 1m21.211s

13. PAFFETT McLaren 1m21.252s

14. BIAGI MF1 1m21.878s

15. ALBERS MF1 1m23.203s

Funny, 8 of those runners are on Bridgestones. Hope that signals the competitiveness of the Bridgestone tyres which was in question last season.

Err get ur facts right. Renault arnt testing their new V8 on track until january! These were not their V8's!

Err Ben, its not my facts that were wrong it was PF1's, but we've already discussed this(see above).

Anyway this is testing and we should never read too much into it!

Indeed, the wall of champions where many f1 wdc's hit it! Well i think thats a good sign for jenson :D !

Button hit the wall just to be associated with champions!

Button hit the wall just to be associated with champions!

HAHAHA!! Now thats a good one. Next thing you know the canadian grand prix will turn into a 3 car race with Schumi, Alonso and Jaques as they are the only 'champions' who wouldn't need to 'crash' into the wall.