Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

narain fan

Cosworth First V8 To Break 20000 Rpm In Testing At Jerez

According to Autosport.com's THE DAILY GRAPEVINE, Cosworth became the first manufacturer to break the 20,000rpm barrier on track this week in Jerez. [i'm assuming he means with a V8 since the BMW V10 hit 20,000rpm at Monza a few years ago and obviously cossy are not testing a v10 art jerez,.] It quotes Cosworth's head of F1 development, Alex Hitzinger, saying:

Quote:

"We had to be prepared to move the benchmark again in 2006 and 20,000rpm was our target. We don't plan to run the engine to 20,000rpm as a matter of course, but it will be available to us."

"Williams can win with us and we would like them to. We haven't been in such a strong position with a team since we were with Benetton in 1994."

I knew this would happen, Cosworth i think will be one of the best engines this year and Williams should do well, hopefully they dont get Narain, that will be bad for them

Williams will have a slight advantage early I feel as the Cosworth engine is strong as evidenced by this report. If the chassis is good, then Williams should perform well, but will struggle mid season onwards through lack of development on the engine side in comparison with the factory teams.

Williams will have a slight advantage early I feel as the Cosworth engine is strong as evidenced by this report. If the chassis is good, then Williams should perform well, but will struggle mid season onwards through lack of development on the engine side in comparison with the factory teams.

They also have Mark Webber so that won

They also have Mark Webber so that won

Indeed, I don't recal any story on Webber being great as to feedback or development........

...Or racing, or basically anything else for that matter

...Or racing, or basically anything else for that matter

Indeed, but from all accounts he seams to be a charitable chap..........that doesn't make him a good or great racer though..........

I think he ran some kind of marathon for charity. Is this what you are referring to pumpdoc?

I think he ran some kind of marathon for charity. Is this what you are referring to pumpdoc?

Yes and it was on pedel bikes I believe.............

Its good to know that some drivers give a damn about the unfortunate, like Schumi with the Tsunami, one of his bodyguards was killed in it.

Yep. He's just so useless Frank doesn't want to get rid of him.

With Frank's tight budget, he's the only driver he can afford. I wonder if Webber is offering his services at no cost

According to Autosport.com's THE DAILY GRAPEVINE, Cosworth became the first manufacturer to break the 20,000rpm barrier on track this week in Jerez. [i'm assuming he means with a V8 since the BMW V10 hit 20,000rpm at Monza a few years ago and obviously cossy are not testing a v10 art jerez,.] It quotes Cosworth's head of F1 development, Alex Hitzinger, saying:

Quote:

"We had to be prepared to move the benchmark again in 2006 and 20,000rpm was our target. We don't plan to run the engine to 20,000rpm as a matter of course, but it will be available to us."

"Williams can win with us and we would like them to. We haven't been in such a strong position with a team since we were with Benetton in 1994."

I wish Williams good luck for the 06 season. I am rooting for Williams (in addition to Ferrari), given that they were given the short end of the stick by BMW, and who doesn't love an underdog. Go Williams,

Like Ash said, Webber is the cheapest driver out there so thats why he hasn't got rid of him. Williams don't have the money to sign a world class driver at present.

except for qualifying. As for his charity work, he did an outdoor adventure thing, with cross country biking, hiking and stuff like that with Australian sports celebrities. I saw a doco on it and it was really tough stuff.

Doco = documentary, presumably?

I wish Williams good luck for the 06 season. I am rooting for Williams (in addition to Ferrari), given that they were given the short end of the stick by BMW, and who doesn't love an underdog. Go Williams,

Oh yes, of course! I

I hope Williams can pull something good out, after all it is a rebuilding year.

couldnt care less about williams, they have never been a team i have connected to and thus there are 3 teams i want to do far better (honda, renault and BMW (and probably mclaren too))