Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

Schumacher Shuns His Annual Break

Schumacher shuns his annual break

BBC:

_41114504_schu203.jpg

Schumacher is raring to restore Ferrari's fortunes

Michael Schumacher is breaking with tradition by not taking a long winter holiday before the new F1 season.

Ferrari's ex-world champion makes an early return to testing on Thursday after a 2005 campaign in which his team were overtaken by Renault and McLaren.

The German said: He said: "When I came back home from the last race in China, everything was somehow different.

"I had no need for a vacation, I had no desire to rest. My preparations and training for 2006 began straightaway."

The 36-year-old added: "I kept in contact with (Ferrari HQ at) Maranello and they constantly informed me about testing.

"I wanted to drive again and I will on Thursday and Friday. I am looking forward to it."

Schumacher had been champion for five successive seasons before losing his world crown to Renault's Fernando Alonso after five unbroken years of success.

I think that MS is in decline now but its good to see that he's still hungry for more success. There could well be some very interesting battles on the track next year with MS in the thick of it.

I think that MS is in decline now but its good to see that he's still hungry for more success. There could well be some very interesting battles on the track next year with MS in the thick of it.

In decline? hmmmm.

i sure hope so, and hope that bridgestone and ferrari come to the party too. imola was a fantastic race this year i'd love to see more like it.

Schumacher shuns his annual break

BBC:

_41114504_schu203.jpg

Schumacher is raring to restore Ferrari's fortunes

Michael Schumacher is breaking with tradition by not taking a long winter holiday before the new F1 season.

Ferrari's ex-world champion makes an early return to testing on Thursday after a 2005 campaign in which his team were overtaken by Renault and McLaren. The German said: He said: "When I came back home from the last race in China, everything was somehow different. "I had no need for a vacation, I had no desire to rest. My preparations and training for 2006 began straightaway."

The hallmark of someone with a hunger to do well and a sheer professional. This hunger and this desire to keep on improving and preparing shows why he has been a five time champion. Go MS 2006 !

The hallmark of someone with a hunger to do well and a sheer professional. This hunger and this desire to keep on improving and preparing shows why he has been a five time champion. Go MS 2006 !

CAUTION! CAUTION! CAUTION!:

DO NOT HOLD YOUR BREATH!

CAUTION! CAUTION! CAUTION!:

DO NOT HOLD YOUR BREATH!

:clap3:

or even a 7-time champion!!

Learn to count Mock. M$ has won 7 WDCs.

Learn to count Mock. M$ has won 7 WDCs.

Hard...first he has to learn to think, then to read, then to write...and then to count...

You ask SO much!

Hard...first he has to learn to think, then to read, then to write...and then to count...

You ask SO much!

:clap3:

About time I say. Long winter breaks? That man's been taking it easy for far too long.

About time I say. Long winter breaks? That man's been taking it easy for far too long.

Quite, look at JB< he seems much more determined as he will be at every winter test, dedication from our jense which is good to see, lets hope he can win some races next year!

You ask SO much!

:lol::clap3::clap3: :clap3: :lol:

Yes Murray, he just cruises along...Are you joking? Ferrari would probably prefer he took his normal break, and get into a car that has been refined by the regular testers...lets face it, if you pay a driver that sort of money and take into account the probability of an injury during testing due to a suspension failure, hi-speed engine failure etc.(quite possible when you have a new car built to new regulations), and the fact that MS has only one real weakness- the tendency to drive around a deficiency than indentify it-.....Its only his own motivation that making him test early.....

I hope the bookmakers are as sceptical of a 7 time WDC as some of you Schu-Haters are, and I will make some money come Bahrain!!!

MS has made right kind of noise to cheer up the Ferrari team.

If the Ferrari's record in 2005 was bad because of MS then RB would have made it in the order ahead of MS. That was not the case.

I hope, It is more to do with Car and the tyre.

Quite, look at JB< he seems much more determined as he will be at every winter test, dedication from our jense which is good to see, lets hope he can win some races next year!

Well I have always said Jenson's the next Schumacher (minus the latter's lazy attitude mind).

Yes Murray, he just cruises along...Are you joking?

No.

I think he has a very good attitude, he has 80+ wins but still wants more...even so I hope he/ferrari doesn't dominate again

Are you suggesting that greed is a virtue?

Wow even I've never said that

Think about it, Ralf or Michael

:D I almost feel sorry for the other drivers and teams almost.