Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Vodafone Are Mclarens New Title Sponsor

McLaren seal deal with Vodafone

Juan Pablo Montoya tests his McLaren in Spain

McLaren and Vodaphone have announced a deal which will see the mobile phone company become title sponsor of the Formula One team.

The deal will start in January 2007 and McLaren say the relationship will "last into the next decade".

Vodafone has sponsored rivals Ferrari since 2002 in a deal worth

This will cause ripples in the F1 circle. A big account going out of the hands.

Result of total lack of response from Ferrari in 2005 to fight when the chips were down.

Vodafone might have calculated few things before comin to a conclusion to back Mclaren - ageing MS and debatable FM and the car & the tyres.

But after seeing Vodafone in the Ferrari for some time, seeing Vodafone in Mclaren will only make us remember Ferrari whenever we see the car. A pity.

Ferrari must prove otherwise to Vodafone or whoever it is.

Fight. Fight. Fight.

How many of you remember when McLarens were white? Or orange, for that matter. The Yardley McLarens were good looking beasties.

One must assume that Vodafone are stumping up roughly the same amount of wedge as they did for their Ferrari sponsorship, but is it as much as was provided by West?

well they're gona be title sponsors so I expect they're providing more to mclaren than they did for ferrari who have Marlboro. vodafone must have more money to use in sponsorship now that they've also withdrawn the man utd deal too

i'm surprised at how much more they were paying ferrari than man u. i would've thought a man u jersey had greater international exposure than a vodaofne logo on the side of a ferrari.

Good point. Man U were better value for money in that respect, I suppose.

i'm surprised at how much more they were paying ferrari than man u. i would've thought a man u jersey had greater international exposure than a vodaofne logo on the side of a ferrari.

:eusa_think: No I think each f1 race gets millions and millions of viewers around the world, and the Ferrari brand is bigger than man utd. Man utd games arent watched by so many people around the world

So now that West has left the building, who will be Mclarens title sponsor for 2006? And what happend to Intel, thought they were keen on Mclaren..

I guess Ferrari won't be hurt be Vodaphone leaving, they just resigned Marlboro, and they will remain the most popular team for years to come. Attracting a replacement for Voda should not be a problem. The problem they face is closer to home. FIAT is running big in the red and might be forced to do something with Ferrari. Its just a thought...

So now that West has left the building, who will be Mclarens title sponsor for 2006? And what happend to Intel, thought they were keen on Mclaren..

I guess Ferrari won't be hurt be Vodaphone leaving, they just resigned Marlboro, and they will remain the most popular team for years to come. Attracting a replacement for Voda should not be a problem. The problem they face is closer to home. FIAT is running big in the red and might be forced to do something with Ferrari. Its just a thought...

Probable

:welcome: to the forum! Dead right about FIAT, but who wants Ferrari? Not Ford or Daimler Chrysler. Maybe GM?

:welcome: to the forum! Dead right about FIAT, but who wants Ferrari? Not Ford or Daimler Chrysler. Maybe GM?

Thanks!

Well, if Ferrari ever came up for sale I think one of the new East Asian manufatcurers would be well keen. Owning a brand like that might just give eg. Huyndai (correct spelling??) credibility, as it has done with FIAT. The latter is not exatly world renowned for its enginering and superior quality, but owning Ferrari and Maserati have somehow made me look twice at new FIAT's.

Nevertheless, something has to give at FIAT. Maybe the Agnelli's should stop looking to the family for their executives?

You could be right. But FIAT just have a reputation for shoddy quality. But since VW/Audi own Lamborghini, I could see another German manufacturer moving in...

Welcome, and its spelled Hyundai.

Maybe Deitrich Mateschitz will buy Ferrari...

Well, if that Meatesctizxj fellow buys Ferrari he goes overboard to show he's serious about F1. I find that unlikely though. F1 costs FIAT money, and i cant see how Reb Bull (Meatescijf) will be benefitting from owning three teams, and a car manufacturer. Buying Ferrari will cost plenty. Last year Abu Dhabi bought a 5% stake in Ferrari for some $US 150 M. I doubt Reb Bull has $US 3 Bn to fork out...

In American History today, it hit me how many other companies that tobacco companies are buying up in order to make money in order to sponsor race teams. I mean, Phillip Morris shelling out $387 million for Ferrari, with I'm not sure how much for one of the Rally teams I forgot which as well as Team Penske, im just not sure how PM can afford to do this, the same with Mild Seven, I mean how much money are the companies making in order to fork out this much money and still turn a profit?

In American History today, it hit me how many other companies that tobacco companies are buying up in order to make money in order to sponsor race teams. I mean, Phillip Morris shelling out $387 million for Ferrari, with I'm not sure how much for one of the Rally teams I forgot which as well as Team Penske, im just not sure how PM can afford to do this, the same with Mild Seven, I mean how much money are the companies making in order to fork out this much money and still turn a profit?

Surely that

No. We were talking about how the mexican govt sold land to us to use to pay taxes to the American govt, and he said that when we would get to Morgan and Rockefeller that we would understand a lot about how the business in America was coming along. He wasnt ignoring the curriculum, he's actually a funny teacher.